Tom Masano Auto Group

Tom Masano Auto Group

3930 Pottsville Pike, Muhlenberg Township, PA 19605

Used 866-480-8019

Six of one, half dozen of the other.

by from Auburn, PA |

I recently purchased a Evolution from Masano Mitsubishi and had an excellent experience. The salesperson (Julian) was super-attentive, friendly and helpful. The manager and finance person were excellent also, fast and friendly. And then... My wife decided she wanted to trade in her car on a BMW (she's an impulse buyer) the following weekend. After checking the internet for what she wanted she (supposedly) found the perfect car at Reading BMW. We jumped in her car and headed down (35 miles). The car she wanted to take home that day, advertised on the internet as "for sale" wasn't even on the lot. It was on a lift in the service bay. Usually when you pull onto a dealer lot sales people come to you, after 20 minutes of walking around the lot we actually had to go find a sales person. The salesperson we found, while nice really didn't seem all that interested in making a sale. They couldn't find the car that was advertised, left us sitting at their desk for what seemed like hours unattended. They did let us test drive a similar vehicle but again it seemed like forever for them to bring it out. Working the finances took ages also. So, after spending over 4 hours at the dealership we left without a vehicle but were told it should be ready on Monday. It wasn't, after starting it on Monday they found that the car didn't have Sirius radio as advertised. They charged her $600 to install it and it wasn't ready until Tuesday. It took three weeks for the new registration to arrive, with her name mis-spelled. Now to top off what was the worst buying experience of her life she is now getting calls from her previous bank saying she owes money on the car she traded in. :( Bottom line, if you want a BMW from Masano, go through their Mitsubishi dealer, or Faulkner in Lancaster or Daniels in Allentown. Anywhere but BMW of Reading. The three star rating is really a five for Masano Mitsubishi and a zero for BMW of Reading.

Possibly a deal, but the process will be Painful

by from Birdsboro, PA |

To any prospective Used Car Buyer I strongly encourage you to do your comparative price and make/model/trim due diligence prior to setting foot on Tom Masano Auto group property. Going in prior to doing such, will turn what is supposed to be an exciting time for you/your family, into one filled with unnecessary angst. If you have done this research, and you still feel they have the best deal to meet your financial needs, be sure to mentally prepare yourself for an extreme lack of Customer-centric treatment. Whether is was them rushing us out of their office 45 minutes prior to closing time, to ignoring our repeated observations re: the Car's Check Engine light being on, or the tires lacking sufficient tread, to simply refusing to negotiate or accommodate us at any level we were made to feel like they were doing us a favor by even talking to us, let alone selling us "their" car. Additionally, if you do get into any type of negotiation, be wary of the "Let me show you Im losing money on this car already" computer screen trick. This was not only painfully awkward, it was forced and dishonest on multiple levels. While we did end up getting the car here, it was solely based on the fact that we did our pricing homework prior and the nearest deal for the same exact car/comparable mileage was in New Jersey. Since we had limited time to make a move due to some other extenuating factors, we needed to make a move, so we opted for this car at this location. Ultimately, despite buying many cars in my lifespan, I honestly have never had such a bad feeling leaving a Car dealership, let alone felt the need to write a negative review about any car buying process. However, I felt it only fair to let others coming into the Masano Auto group what they will be up against.

Very satisfied, great pricing

by from Harrisburg, PA |

After doing quite a bit of research on the internet, the pricing at Tom Masano was among the best by several thousand dollars. We went in for a test drive and drove home with the car the same day. Car was a little dirty when we test drove it and the salesman (DP) had it washed, prepped and gassed up while we completed the paper work. We also got a fair price for our trade in. We will definitely keep Tom Masano in mind for our next vehicle.

Beware of Air Brush:online pics not representative

by from Bucks County |

Bottom Line Up Front: The pictures online grossly overstated vehicle condition. Photos did not show the rust on the wipers, the dislodged gas cap door, the damage to the entire front bumper, the dirty condition of the interior, the curb rash on the tires, the corrosion on the batteries postive terminal, to name a few. Also the picture of the hatch open gave me the impression it stayed open on its own...I must not have seen the shadow of the person holding up the corner while the photographer took the picture. On a positive the sales/email responders were quick to reply and before I took the car on the street, I was offered to drive it around the lot to see if I wanted to take it for a test drive. I did not. Facilities were nice, however overall I will not visit again or recommend them to anyone.

beware of hidden add ons

by from lancaster, pa |

recently i went to purchase a vehicle there. they tell you about a security tag that is on all there cars but they do not tell you it cost you almost 500 dollars. another thing to watch is make sure you see the bill of sale before you put any money down. i had an agreed on out the door price but when i got home with the bill of sale to take to the bank the price was 2000 more than agreed. so buyer beware

Problems Solved

by from Kutztown, PA |

I wrote an initial review after having a bad experience purchasing a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee from the Tom Masano used lot on RT 61. I wanted to follow up as Bill Appler contacted me and made things right. The dealer had repainted the rear bumper before putting it on the lot for sale. We noticed issues in the paint work and a whole ordeal ensued. My wife and I purchased the Jeep anyway as she loved it. I was still unhappy with the quality of repair work they did and reviewed them, reflecting my dis-satisfaction. Bill emailed me and had our Salesman (Richard Nolt) contact us and have us bring the Jeep in to be repaired right. The Jeep is now all fixed up properly and we are very happy with the Tom Masano dealer. I will be going to them when it comes time for me to purchase a vehicle. Too bad Cars.com does not allow you to remove a review...

Thanks Cars. com

by from Douglassville |

Cars.com did all the work for me. I found two trucks that I wanted to look at. I went to the dealership & got the truck I wanted.

One bad thing ruins the whole process...

by from Kutztown, PA |

My wife and I purchased a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited from Tom Masano's used lot in August 2012. Overall we were happy with the Salesman (Richard Nolt), but the quality of work on the detailing and rear bumper repaint left a lot to be desired. When they got the Jeep, we went to look at it. The rear bumper was in need of a repaint because the previous owner scratched it up pretty good. Tom Masano's body shop repainted the bumper and a few days later we went back out to look at it. We noticed a big/long run mark on the passenger side. We asked that when we came to purchase the vehicle, the bumper be repainted AGAIN. We went back 4 days later to purchase and pick up the vehicle. The bumper was repainted, but the black trim on the bumper and on the wheel wells showed signs of a poor tape job. They didn't remove the bumper to paint it a second time and just taped up around the edges. They didn't tape close enough to the painted surface and got about a quarter inch of paint along the black trim. I tried negotiating either a little more for my trade (to pay to have another shop fix it, or for my time to scrape the paint off) or a redo of the job. Both ideas got shot down. Our options were either purchase the vehicle with the over spray or don't purchase the vehicle at all. Since my wife's heart was set on this Jeep, it didn't really leave me with a choice. I have tried to clean the black trim up, but it's going to take HOURS to fully clean the paint off the trim. And the detail job, there was over spray on the back quarter panel on the passenger side and on the passenger rear window. A good buffing would have taken the over spray off these areas. I would not recommend the Tom Masano used lot to any of my friends or family, unless you thoroughly look the vehicle over and if you see things you want fixed, either have them fix it or walk away. I wouldn't have had an issue walking away from the Jeep, but again, my wife loved the Jeep and the features, she wasn't worried about the poor paint/detail job. It's a shame really, Richard was an awesome Salesman to deal with and we ordered some accessories from Mat K. at the Mitsubishi side and he was great to deal with as well.