5730 NW Loop 410, San Antonio, TX 78238

Service 888-987-6477

Confidence... Is Cavender!

Purchase Made!!

by from Pflugerville, Tx |

Let me start by saying Cavender Toyota worked out much better for me than any "local" dealer in the Austin area. Made a quick 87 mile trip to San Antonio from North Austin, had three cars in mind-pretty sure one would be available. Sure enough, the Corolla I wanted was there so I just got it-at a great price! Everything was easily taken care of from the start and rather quickly. Service was great, they gave good answers to all questions and easily accepted my commands! There were no arguments whatsoever. Just do your homework before you go!

worst experience ever had with customer service

by from San Antonio tx |

YOU WANT TO HAVE THE WORST EXPERIENCE OF YOUR LIFE BUYING A VEHICLE COME ON DOWN TO CAVENDER TOYOTA! if i could give this place a NEGATIVE 5 STARS i would! Came to this dealership because of the specials they were running on the camrys only to find out they were "sold out"when we got there and I've read on other reviews they said the same thing to them....so looked at some other cars they had and found one we wanted...they got us started on the paperwork and while we were waiting some other salesman got his paperwork done before ours and sold the car we were buying to somebody else! We had been at that dealership hours before those people ever got there and the managers excuse was there paperwork got done before ours so they got the car even though we were there FIRST buying the car! Who runs a busness like that! I even asked our salesman were we going to have any trouble because they were looking at the car after us and he said quote"no problems because we were already getting the car first and had already started the paperwork". After trying to leave after that rediculous ordeal they tried to get us to buy another car with a hole in the bumper as is and when we had beyond enough of that and told them no they followed us to our vehicle BEGGING us to buy something. I will absolutely NEVER recommend this dealership to anyone and will never be back ever again and the fact that the manager let the employee steal another employees sale when im sure they make a living off commision just shows how they not only treat their customers with disrespect but they treat the staff and eachother the same way *****o and now 2 days later after this happened the salesmen helping us called three times asking if we were coming back in to buy something and after telling him no all three times because he called from different numbers and told him to never call us again he sent a text message to our phone saying that we were threatening him and he wasnt going to stop calling us until his manager told him to stop...so we blocked his number and the other numbers they called us from....you want to talk about insane sales tactics here you go... called the general sales manager to get this to stop and to let them know how they are treating customers and no response yet...left a message

Cavender Toyota responded to this review

November 8, 2014

Katy, thank you for your feedback and relaying your experience with our dealership. We appreciate the time you took to speak with our general sales manager to voice your concerns, and we are grateful for you accepting our apologies. We regret how the events of your visit transpired, and you have allowed us to have a learning and training experience to ensure the service we provide our clients is elevated in the future. Again, thank you for speaking with us and for your comments.

Total Nightmare - RED FLAG RED FLAG!!

by from San Antonio, TX |

Our test drive was great, we really liked the car and how it handled. It wasn't the color we really wanted and when we got inside it had splatter from a drink all over the place. Nevertheless we decided to talk numbers with them. From there our experience turned into an utter nightmare! We said if the numbers where were we wanted them and felt comfortable we would buy. Off the bat we named the price we could afford. The sales man said they wouldn't even discuss price unless they ran a credit application on us. So to be flexible we did and they only proceeded to offer us less than what we owe and lower than kelly blue book on our trade. Still no discussion of the price of the vehicle we were buying. Not to mention when they asked to see the keys to our vehicle to look at the car, they drove off with it without our consent and parked it in a overflow dealer lot across the street! Our sales man argued with us over our monthly payments and all we were concerned with was the overall price of the car. We flat out told him what we wanted to pay and what we were comfortable paying. When we wouldn't give in the salesman gave us attitude and called me a JERK! No matter what, you never call your customer a jerk because they do not want to buy something they are not comfortable buying, especially when it comes to paying the asking price for their vehicle! He never once told me the financing APR rate and then began to tell us what we could afford with our finances, which was a higher payment. DO NOT tell a customer what they can or cannot afford and then "suggest" they can refinance later so we can afford to buy a house when the time comes. WOW!! Yes he actually said that! He argued with he's left and right after we had told him time and time again that we were not buying after he had offended us and made us feel EXTREMELY uncomfortable. But we couldn't leave because they still had our keys. Finally I said after the FOURTH time, "Our finances are NOT up for discussion and we feel uncomfortable buying this car, we are ready to leave are you going to give me my car keys?" He got up furious, slammed our papers in the shredding receptacle and forcefully gave us our keys and said we were WASTING his time! UNBELIEVABLE!! I have bought many cars over they years and had NEVER been treated like this. Needless to say I talked to their floor manager. I HIGHLY caution people on Toyota Cavender dealership!

Cavender Toyota responded to this review

August 31, 2014

Thank you for your feedback and comments about your experience with our dealership. You have certainly provided us a teachable moment and allowed us a learning experience, and we want to apologies for how your visit went here. We strive to ensure all of our customers have a truly exceptional experience with our dealership, and you relaying your experience helps us to take appropriate actions in that regards. Again, thank you for your feedback. Cavender Toyota Management

Good overall experience

by from Falls City, TX |

I found an outstanding deal on Cars.com on a used Ford F150 with very low miles, in great condition and at a very reasonable price. I contacted the dealership through Cars.com and received an email back very quickly which began the dialogue about examining and potentially purchasing the vehicle. We arranged an appointment for that Saturday afternoon. After visiting with the sales staff and driving and seeing the vehicle in person, I was ready to purchase the vehicle. The only negative about the experience was that I wasn't able to drive the truck home the same day. The dealer required me to be the primary policy holder on our auto insurance since I was the sole and primary person financing the vehicle. I am insured but was not the primary policy holder (which my agent on Monday said shouldn't have mattered) but was able to change our policy on Monday and drove it home that day after showing proof of the change in policy. I would go back to this dealer and recommend them, just make sure whoever is financing the vehicle is listed as the primary insurance holder before you go to the dealer...

Great customer service

by from Texas |

They contact us immediately and facilitate the process to select the unit that we need. They offer different options and excellent units.

Would not Shop here Again

by from San Antonio Texas |

On Wednesday August 7, 2013 I called Cavender Toyota about a 2007 Toyota Rav 4. I talked to Kristi she said it was being painted. I called again on Thursday and this time I talked to Nick he said the car was available I explained that I would be by on Saturday Nick called and asked if we would be by to look at the Rav 4 I explained that I would be by there today. So when I was on the way there I called Nick and let him know I was on my way, and he helped me with directions. It took me about 10 to 15 mins to get there. When I got there he was busy so Adam helped me I explained to Adam what I was looking for showed him the stock number of the car. He was unable to find the car so I explained to him what I was looking for what payment I wanted the whole 9 yards. So Adam wanted to see our Driver License so we gave them to him. He then started to show us cars that were way out of our range we had given him. I explained to him that I was not interested. So we left Twenty minutes later I get a call from Adam letting us know that he forgot to give us back our licenses so I had to drive all the way back to pick them up. I will never even consider any Cavender Dealer Ship again. The Toyota Rav 4 in question is still listed as available I called they say it?s available.

by from San Antonio, TX |

Could not have been more pleased with my experience buying my Tacoma at Cavender....they have a customer for life!!!