Solomon Ford

500 National Pike West, Brownsville, PA 15417

New 888-646-8080
Used 855-222-7295
Service 888-752-8814

VERY GREAT PLACE TO DEAL!

by from Morgantown, West Virginia |

I just purchased a new FORD EDGE from Ashley Solomon. She was awesome to do business with. Patient, kind, professional and easy to deal with. The whole sales process was a piece of cake!! I would totally recommened her and SOLOMON FORD to anyone who wants to buy a vehicle!!

Willing to Work With Me

by from Mon City, Pa |

My whole experience was top notch all the way. I have since referred others to my Salesman Ryan Ellsworth at Solomon Ford, and they have purchased vehicles Off of him as well. Whenever I need another vehicle, Ryan will get my business.

Best Deal Within 100 miles

by from Youngstown, OH |

I drove about 100miles to buy my truck at Solomon Ford. I called ahead of time and Spoke with Ryan, so he knew about the time when I would get there and had the truck washed and ready to test drive when I arrived. Ryan, greeted me as soon as I got there. he was friendly and very helpful through out my whole buying experience. It was a very good buying experience from start to finish.

DO NOT TRUST!!

by from Greensburg, PA |

As my husband and my self are in the market for a new F-150, I began my research online to see where we could get the best deal and start from there. I began my search to find that Solomon had the best deal I could find online and we decided to make the hour+ drive there. When we arrived we were not greeted outside as we walked and looked at vehicles for nearly 20 minutes. We then became upset and put that aside to think that possibly no one could completely see us and inside we went. We stumbled upon a sales individual who was very arrogant and his name seems to escape me as I am pretty sure he never offered it to us. We advised that we were in the market to purchase a new F-150 as we saw one online that sparked our interest and was very well priced as compared to other dealers. While talking with him he immediately wanted to take our credit information which I then advised we wouldn?t need to do that at this time. He then became bitter and advised that he would have to check and see what rebates we would qualify for. Confused, I advised him that I had done a little research and found one listed at a certain online price. Further into conversation he advised that the online price includes all rebates available. NO ONE qualifies for all the rebates and the price then jumped nearly $3000 dollars. With this I have found that 3 of the following must apply to get to that price. You must be a college student, be in the military, own a ranger or trade something in to get to that price. Once we found this information out we then immediately left the establishment as they will not earn any business from us or anyone we know due to this experience. This is absolutely ridiculous that a company would advertise an online price that is so deceiving to a customer to bring them in the door. This is why car shopping is so frustrating that there are companies that will lie like this. I would hate to see how they have lied to people who have actually purchased vehicles there. My best advice is DO NOT PURCHASE HERE!

Horrible car buying experience

by from Pittsburgh |

My experience at Solomon Ford was a bad one, I was shopping to get a new Ford F150- I will never go back, neither will I send friends or family etc.. I will say one thing though..... The manager gene or greg? Is an arragant manager who only cares about one thing.. SELLING A CAR, I felt very pressured and belittled when I came to visit this store. Like I said, I will not return!! Although I will admit, the Solomon girl is a beauty, the only person in the dealership with a positive attitude.

Completely Satisfied

by from brownsville, pa |

We have dealt with Mr. Ryan Ellsworth on numerous vehicle purchases, our own, and our childrens and I have the Highest Respect for this young man.

Want a great experience? Go elsewhere!!

by from Castle Shannon, PA |

I arrived at Soloman Ford on a Tuesday afternoon. I had done a fair amount of research, read multiple reviews, and decided on an F150 with the Ecoboost engine. I was very excited to test drive the vehicle to see if it lived up to the hype. Within 30 seconds of meeting the salesperson (I've purposely forgotten his name so when I meet other people with the same name, I don't immediately feel disgusted and dislike them), that excitement evaporated. I was told that there would be no test drives until they ran my credit. There was no way I was going to allow that to happen and told the salesperson that. He then herded me inside like he didn't hear me. He pulled out a credit application and tried to take my information. Very firmly I told him that there was no way I was giving him my information until I had driven the truck and had agreed on a price. He brought over a manager who obviously had a very high opinion of himself and told me rather bluntly that they needed to make sure I "could buy a car before anything else would be discussed." He also added that someone my age typically can't get approved for a vehicle that expensive. Little did they know that I am a new senior associate at a law firm and I have never paid a bill late in my life. They would have known this had they even taken a minute to ask me anything about myself or why I was there. The discussion then went it my trade in. It wasn't in the best of shape being that the car got me through high school, college, and then law school. I understood that it wasn't valuable but I didn't expect for them to say with a laugh that I would have to pay them to take it. I had that car for a long time and while I didn't expect much for it, there is a certain amount of sentimental value to it and for them to insult my vehicle that has served me so well, well that was the last straw. Without a word I stood up and walked rather quickly out of the showroom and I will never go back. Solomon Ford epitomizes every negative stereotype that people have about those in the automotive business. They refused to take me seriously because of my age. What they didn't take into consideration was that given my apparent youth, I will be buying many more vehicles in my lifetime and not one of them will ever be purchased from the Solomon Auto Group. Ever. If you enjoy being degraded and enjoy being made to feel as though you aren't worth the effort, then Solomon Ford is the place for you. However if you have even an ounce of self respect you'll purchase elsewhere...like I did.

Only Ford Store For My Family And I !!!!

by from california, pa |

My Wife and I Purchased 3 Vehicles off of Ryan Ellsworth over the last 6 years and he is the Only Salesperson My family or I will Ever Deal with. my Father and My Mother in Law have also Purchased off of him and We have sent Several Friends and Co Workers there as well. Everyone has there own experience's with the Solomons (some good, some bad) but if there is a Salesman to see, that will give you VIP treatment, its Ryan Ellsworth. He knows his stuff and will go the extra mile to make everything convenient and painless. There Service department is Friendly and will get you in and out expeditiously. I hope someone finds this review helpful and you enjoy your best Car-Buying experience Ever with Ryan!

Odd Experience

by from Pittsburgh, PA |

This was a strange experience. I EMailed Solomon Ford for an ePrice quote on a used vehicle through their website, and received no response. I EMailed again the next day, and the price I received quickly in response was the same as on the Internet. Oh well, that was useless. The EMail I received also said it was the owner's son's girlfriend's car. Hmmm. Maybe, maybe not, but it was a fairly rare car so I went to the dealership anyway. There was nobody on the lot at 11:00AM on a sunny Saturday, which should have told me to just leave. However, I was quickly approached by Norm. Norm is apparently like everyone else there - a family relative. He also claimed to be hard of hearing, though he heard me quite clearly from 40 feet away while I was quietly talking to my girlfriend in the dealership later. Anyway, test drive and all that, and then numbers talk. Norm insisted I tell him up front what I wanted for my trade in, I asked for their best price, he refused to give me anything, so I quoted the top range of my black book value. Yes, I knew the black book value going in. He said we were literally thousands of dollars apart, so I also told him he is selling comparable vehicles at much higher prices than I was requesting, and that I realized they needed to make a profit. Norm acted like he didn't know the prices of the vehicles on his lot, looked them up, and explained our seemingly $7,000 gap or so was because the other cars had leather seats. Fine Corinthian I guess... Norm didn't even bother to talk to the finance manager. So I inspected the car again and asked about some decals on it that misrepresented the trim level. This drew a personal visit from the owner's son, who didn't seem real happy about the questions, and I believe lied to me about the ease of getting them off the car. So I took more time to think, and told Norm I'd still like to discuss money. Norm surprisingly gave me a number that was only $1400 less than what I originally asked for, then said he needed to talk to the finance guy. When Norm returned he didn't even make it back to his desk before telling me we cannot do business, and that I should leave. No counteroffer. Nothing. So I left after what was a complete waste of time. My only conclusion is they are not interested in doing business with informed customers. Their choice for sure, but if you've read this far, also know they listed the carfax on the vehicle I test drove as "1 Owner", when it clearly had two prior sales - at Solomon and Monroeville Dodge. My only conclusion is I will not bother with them ever again. You conclusion should probably be to proceed with caution.

Purchase if 2010 BMW 328xi

by from Fairmont,WV |

This was probably one of the easiest deals I have ever made. Contacted via phone first after finding vehicle and pretty much did the deal over the phone. Drove up, singed papers and walked out. It was that easy.