McGrath Acura of Chicago

1301 N Elston Ave, Chicago, IL 60642

New 888-707-1649
Used 888-696-1641
Service 877-833-3630

When you do the math, you choose McGrath!

A great buying experience that I wasn't expecting!

by from Northwest Suburbs of Chicago |

My experience at McGrath Acura of Downtown Chicago was excellent. I was in a real tough position because I needed a new car and I needed it FAST! When I say fast, I mean FAST (as in it was a Tuesday at 6:00 p.m. and I was moving to Atlanta the next afternoon). Let me share some of the highlights of my purchase at McGrath. First off, the actual showroom was beautiful. I had never been there before and I don't know if it was all the white snow outside, but I felt like I was walking into a commercial! The showroom was very spacious, clean, and the layout was just inviting. All the cars were spread out across the floor, and it was awesome that the showroom WASN'T surrounded by sales desks! They had an incredible customer area towards the back stocked with a coffee machine (both Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts), big screen tv, even a "ZEN" room that had dim lighting/big comfortable chairs/water feature, of course a computer work area, and lastly a customer snack shop. Now the most important part the car buying experience. Thomas Whitfield was my salesman and he was just overall a pleasure to work with. You could tell that he really knew everything about all the cars. He took the time to point out all the cool features of the car, and was very personable. I took what felt like forever to decide between the TL and RLX, and I never felt any pressure from anyone who worked there. I ended up buying the TL that night and took care of all the paperwork, but I couldn't take the car home that night. By the time we finished everything it was like 11:00 p.m., which was well past their closing time. The team that preps the car before a customer takes delivery had already left for the day. Needless to say, this wasn't even a problem for a split second. The sales manager Chase offered to have someone deliver it to my house in the suburbs the next morning ... SOLD! Guess who personally delivered it to my house in the freezing cold, yep Thomas!! Finally, Chase was awesome to deal with. He gave me a great deal on the TL, and even ended up finding an extra way for me to save a little extra money after I was already sold. I felt that everyone was very genuine, and I didn't leave the dealership with any type of regret or feeling of being sold! ... I felt so great about my decision, and I still do! I will give a special thank you to Chase. Apparently, Tuesday was his day off and he was at home (45 mins away) with his godson, wife, and their good friend. There was an accident with a toy gun and Chase got shot in the eye. It was no joking matter as he couldn't even see well enough to drive. His sweet wife drove him all the way downtown in the dark, ice covered streets and they both stayed for several hours to make this sale happen. They ordered food for dinner to pick up while we were working and they even offered to buy me dinner!! Are you kidding me?? If anything I should have been offering to buy them dinner!!! This was better than the best experience that I could have imagined. I love my car. I'm very happy with the buying experience, and I seriously think that I'll just buy Acura's for the rest of my life! Lastly, the McGrath Acura dealership downtown made the experience so great I can't wait to recommend them to EVERYONE I know. I'm actually really excited to move back to Chicago later this year just to take my car into the dealership for an oil change! A big "Thank You" to the entire staff at McGrath Acura!!!

April 4, 2014

Thank you for your kind review. We are glad that you had such a great buying experience! We will see you in the future!

Great Experience

by from Chicago IL |

I recently purchased an RDX from McGrath. I worked with Mark Smith and he was extremely helpful and easy to work with, he added a lot of value to the overall experience. The facilities and service are outstanding and I'm very happy with my purchase, I'd highly recommend going to McGrath.

April 4, 2014

Thank you for your kind review. Enjoy your New RDX!

Great Experience!

by from Plainfield, IL |

When we started our search for a good used car we settled on Acura because of the reported reliability. We traveled to visit McGrath Acura in downtown Chicago because they had the model we were looking for. When we settled on a price ,Sam the Used Car Manager assured me we could feel confident we were getting a used car that had been thoroughly inspected. When we continued to have issues on our drive home with a problem we had discovered on our test ride, Roberto our Used Car Salesman had a service adviser contact me. They scheduled us for service the following business day. True to their word, the good people at McGrath stood behind everything they had promised. John our Service Adviser took great care of us. Thanks to Roberto, Sam, Eric and John for your true professionalism.

April 4, 2014

We are glad you had a great experience! Thank you for your feedback!

Completely Satisfied

by from Chicago, IL |

My first visit to McGrath Acura was because of the insistence of John Ta. I was heading out to a different Acura dealer when I received his call. He was so kind on the phone and assured me that I would be treated well at McGrath. Holly was just as kind and personable as John and they both made sure that I was comfortable and well fed. :-) Chase helped me learn about my new vehicle; of course, I didn't remember it all by the time I finally got around to being able to drive since that's when we got all the snow and below freezing temps. Thanks to all of you for making my experience painless! Mary M.

April 4, 2014

We are glad your visit was painless. Thank you for your review and business!

Great buying experience

by from chicago, il |

I recently bought a 2013 Acura TX from McGrath Acura of Chicago and wanted to give a shout-out to the dealer and sales person (Holly) for making the process smooth, easy and fair. I walked away happy with my new car AND the process which I had to go through to get it. I did my homework and know I got a fair price and was not subjected to any of the arduous negotating tactics which some dealers employ. I recommend this dealer to others and will go back there next time out.

April 5, 2014

Thank you for your honest feedback and for choosing McGrath Acura of Downtown Chicago!

New 2014 RDX Purchase

by from Chicago, IL |

Just completed a purchase of a new 2014 RDX and had an overall great experience. Our salesperson, Mark, was friendly, attentive, and knowledgable. Everyone at McGrath Acura of Downtown Chicago was welcoming and made my wife and me feel like part of their "family". We are already enjoying driving our RDX in the Chicago snow and it is handling great!

April 4, 2014

Thank you for your review! We are glad to have you as part of our family!

Acura TSX

by from Chicago |

Muhammad was fantastic to work with. He was very knowledgeable about the car (Acura TSX), was very consultative and not at all pushy, which was a refreshing change from what I have experienced in the past. He was very patient as we went back and forth thru the deliberation process, in the showroom and offline as well as we deliberated which car make and model to buy. He was very responsive in answering all our questions and he put together a fantastic deal for us that was aggressively priced and by far better than anything that we had seen from any of the other dealers. Muhammad made the car buying experience very simple, enjoyable and I would strongly recommend Muhammad to anyone looking to buy a car.

April 4, 2014

Thank you for your nice review and business! We are glad you had a great experience!

Nice Cars, Great Service, Nice People to Deal with

by from Westville, IN |

My wife and I originally came to look at 1 particular car...but we found one we liked better. Roberto was our salesman and he is very friendly and polite, and very informative. He is a good salesman the type I like to work with. Upfront and honest without pressure tactics. when we needed approval from his manager Sam, He was the same also. If I was to describe these guys in one word, I would say professional. All in All I would recommend this sales team any day. Thank you Roberto and Sam; we appreciate the great deal you gave us. James was the final finance person we worked with and James is great too. By the way if you prefer English or Spanish, two of the salesman we dealt with are bi-lingual which was very nice for my wife. No I'm not related and don't work there...this was our first visit..check them out for yourself.

April 4, 2014

Thank you for your nice review! We hope to see you again!

Pleasant Certified Pre-Owned Experience

by from Chicago, IL |

Came in late on the day before Thanksgiving to look at a Certified pre-owned Acura TL that I had seen on-line. Although it was late and the car was on the showroom floor, Jerry was more than accommodating to have the car moved outside for a test drive. After the test drive, the negotiation process was quick and easy thanks to Jerry's easy-going, non-pushy attitude. Once the financing was complete and the car was all ready to go, Alex did a run-through of the tech features on the TL, which was very nice since it was past the closing time. Overall, a great experience.

April 5, 2014

Thanks Jim for your review and we are glad it was quick!

Wated my time

by from Grand Rapids, MI |

I called to get information on a car that was advertised online. Initially I was told that the car was located on the lot and that it was still available. I asked the dealer to provide me with more information, which he said he would. He stated he would call back in 15 mins. After an hour passed I decided to call them back, at which time I was told that he was "in a meeting and would get back to me within 45 mins tops." After another 2 hours of nothing I decided to once again call. When I did the salesman told me that the car had not passed the safety test and was sent to auction. Something didn't seem to add up to me, so I had a friend call on it later that day (a new listing was put up on cars.com after I was told it was sent to auction). He was told that the car had sold the previous Saturday. The dealer wasted several hours of my time and lied about the cars. I would not trust them to do business with.

April 4, 2014

Thank you for your feedback.

New MDX purchase a pleasant experience!

by from Burr Ridge, IL |

From beginning to end, the experience we had yesterday buying our new MDX was the most pleasant we've had in many years. This is the third MDX we've owned so the product almost sells itself. The sales people at McGrath Acura of Chicago were great to work with. They found the car we wanted with just the right options, and the price was very fair. The car was ready when we arrived to take delivery. Jerome, Noble and Alex were very proficient in teaching us about the car and walking us through the paperwork. We won't hesitate to use them again.