McGrath Acura of Chicago

1301 N Elston Ave, Chicago, IL 60642

New 888-707-1649
Used 888-696-1641
Service 877-833-3630

When you do the math, you choose McGrath!

A great buying experience that I wasn't expecting!

by from Northwest Suburbs of Chicago |

My experience at McGrath Acura of Downtown Chicago was excellent. I was in a real tough position because I needed a new car and I needed it FAST! When I say fast, I mean FAST (as in it was a Tuesday at 6:00 p.m. and I was moving to Atlanta the next afternoon). Let me share some of the highlights of my purchase at McGrath. First off, the actual showroom was beautiful. I had never been there before and I don't know if it was all the white snow outside, but I felt like I was walking into a commercial! The showroom was very spacious, clean, and the layout was just inviting. All the cars were spread out across the floor, and it was awesome that the showroom WASN'T surrounded by sales desks! They had an incredible customer area towards the back stocked with a coffee machine (both Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts), big screen tv, even a "ZEN" room that had dim lighting/big comfortable chairs/water feature, of course a computer work area, and lastly a customer snack shop. Now the most important part the car buying experience. Thomas Whitfield was my salesman and he was just overall a pleasure to work with. You could tell that he really knew everything about all the cars. He took the time to point out all the cool features of the car, and was very personable. I took what felt like forever to decide between the TL and RLX, and I never felt any pressure from anyone who worked there. I ended up buying the TL that night and took care of all the paperwork, but I couldn't take the car home that night. By the time we finished everything it was like 11:00 p.m., which was well past their closing time. The team that preps the car before a customer takes delivery had already left for the day. Needless to say, this wasn't even a problem for a split second. The sales manager Chase offered to have someone deliver it to my house in the suburbs the next morning ... SOLD! Guess who personally delivered it to my house in the freezing cold, yep Thomas!! Finally, Chase was awesome to deal with. He gave me a great deal on the TL, and even ended up finding an extra way for me to save a little extra money after I was already sold. I felt that everyone was very genuine, and I didn't leave the dealership with any type of regret or feeling of being sold! ... I felt so great about my decision, and I still do! I will give a special thank you to Chase. Apparently, Tuesday was his day off and he was at home (45 mins away) with his godson, wife, and their good friend. There was an accident with a toy gun and Chase got shot in the eye. It was no joking matter as he couldn't even see well enough to drive. His sweet wife drove him all the way downtown in the dark, ice covered streets and they both stayed for several hours to make this sale happen. They ordered food for dinner to pick up while we were working and they even offered to buy me dinner!! Are you kidding me?? If anything I should have been offering to buy them dinner!!! This was better than the best experience that I could have imagined. I love my car. I'm very happy with the buying experience, and I seriously think that I'll just buy Acura's for the rest of my life! Lastly, the McGrath Acura dealership downtown made the experience so great I can't wait to recommend them to EVERYONE I know. I'm actually really excited to move back to Chicago later this year just to take my car into the dealership for an oil change! A big "Thank You" to the entire staff at McGrath Acura!!!

McGrath Acura of Chicago responded to this review

April 4, 2014

Thank you for your kind review. We are glad that you had such a great buying experience! We will see you in the future!

HORRIBLE Customer Service

by from Chicago, IL |

We bought a 2006 BMW 330Xi from this dealership. Huxley was our salesman and was excellent. The issue came with dealing with Erik, the finance manager. When we got the car, the air bag light, seat belt light and adaptive headlights zinc rear brakes were all needing repair. He kept telling me he would take cars of it, NEVER DID!! Then I informed him once I was finally able to reach him the BMW dealership had the car and was paying for the stuff out of my pocket. He again said he'd take care of it and call BMW and take care of the bill. NEVER EVEN CALLED THEM!!! Picked the car up yesterday after $2300 in repairs. Have sent him emails, no reply. Left voicemail, no call back. Left messages with front desk, never called back!! I'm FEED UP!! The customer service here is HORRIBLE!!!!!!! I'm out $2300 on a car on stuff that should have been fixed BEFORE ever sold. AIRBAG AND SEATBELT failure, and they sold it, rear brakes had less then 1,000 miles on them, and they sold it like that. Go elsewhere!!! Sadly I was happy with then until all of this, now I will NEVER go back here and advise everyone else to of the same if they are looking for good customer service.

Holly Rocks !!!

by from Frankfort, IL |

My entire experience of buying from Holly was great - from the moment i arrived until i drove away in my new car. Even the phone calls and emails were pleasant and professional. Compared to my past 25 years of car shopping, this one outshines them all. Next time i need a car, Holly will be my first call.

I would go to this dealer again.

by from Westmont, Il |

After working with several other dealerships including Acura, it was the downtown location that found and delivered on the car on wanted. I was lucky enough to work with Jerome and he found the exact RDX I was looking for, had it ready for me and we were able to work out a great deal. Very happy with my SUV and would recommend this dealship to anyone.

Brand New Acura From Mark Smith at McGrath

by from Chicago |

The sales person, Mark Smith, truly has a passion for cars. If you go there, ask if he is available. Two weeks after purchasing a new Acura from McGrath in Chicago I realize that I have never had a better car buying experience. That's the way I wish it always was. I did a ton of research and a lot of shopping around and the price Mark and I came to was more than fair. Even after I paid for the car I still look at other sites like Carmax and look up my car and laugh when I compare the price I paid for my new car, to the prices at Carmax and basically any other dealership. Mark followed up a couple of times already to see if we needed to go over anything (tech package) and to see how we're doing. Who does that anymore?! If you're someone who hates the stress of buying a car and you want an Acura then this place is a good choice and see if Mark is available. He's a good guy to know.

Excellent Service and Accomodations

by from Albuquerque, NM |

Being an out of state buyer brings certain challenges but none that my salesman Jerome Powell could not overcome. He was very organized and made sure that all the paperwork was in order before I arrived allowing for an expedited process. Jerome was very accommodating to the requests I had made to prepare the vehicle for a cross country road trip. Overall, adding this vehicle to our fleet was simple and made possible by excellent service of Jerome and his dealership. Thank you again,

Jerome Powell was a great salesperson

by from Chicago, IL |

I just bought a TL 3 weeks ago from Jerome Powell. I love the car and had a terrific experience when purchasing it. Jerome Powell was an excellent sales person. He was extremely patient and attentive. He listened to what we needed put us in the right car. He was very professional and handled all of the details in a timley manner. It was a great experience. I would recommned Jerome to anyone buying a car.

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD HPT

by from Indianapolis, IN |

I had been wanting the gen 4 TL for quite some time especially with the AWD feature when i came across the 09 w only 60k miles 2 weeks ago. I contacted the most caring, genuine and understanding salesman i have ever dealt with in my car buying life, and ive had over 10 cars! Mark Smith is definitely the one to talk to at McGrath. Had it not been for him id not of purchased the vehicle. After speaking with him via phone, text etc which he is great w response times i might add we set up me coming up from indianapolis unfortunately on a greyhound as for it was my only way to get there. Mark promptly picked me up in the TL i wanted from the bus station. We went back to the dealership and had a nice chat on the way. He is in no way pushy at all, there were a couple issues and we were able to resolve them in a manor i felt was fair. Mark and a couple of other employees stayed well past there normal hours to get everything taken care of. Mark was there w me all night even tho he wasnt even scheduled to be there that evening. They had ordered some good chicago pizza and even tho i declined to have any they insisted i eat lol. By the time the deal was all said and done Mark and i left about 1030pm and i started my 3hr journey back to indianapolis in a very nice and practically new car that even had brand new 19 inch wheels that were factory on this SH-AWD that also happened to be the rarer HPT version that i had never heard of. One more thing i wanted to add about Mark was that before i left i was sitting in the car for 10-15 mins or so and tho he was in his car leaving he came over to check that everything was ok before he took off. Big hats off to Mark Smith once again. Id say he is more a friend to me than just a car salesman. I only feel bad there isnt more i am saying about him on here. So with that said, if your searching for a new or used acura or any car Id def go see Mark Smith at McGrath Acura in Chicago, he wont push you to make a purchase but will def be more than happy to take the time to help you in any way he can and to help you find the vehicle you're looking for! I will say one more thing, i definitely only bought this car because of him and would only send someone there to deal with him. Thanks Mark for everything, keep in touch.. you have my number!

Bought an Acura TL from Jerome Powell

by from Chicago, Il |

Jerome Powell was a terrific sales person. He was very attentive and extremely patient. He listened to everything we were looking for and helped us buy a car that best suited our needs. He was easy to deal with and very accommodating. I would recommend Jerome to anyone buying a car.

Great Experience at McGrath Acura Chicago

by from Bolingbrook, IL |

My experience at McGrath Acura Chicago was excellent. First and foremost, their showroom is amazing. I spoke with Jerome Powell a few times over the phone to discuss what I was looking for. I was in the market for an Acura RDX, but was unsure if I wanted to go Pre-owned Certified or New. Jerome was very helpful in getting me information for both options. When I decided to come into the dealership to look around, Jerome made himself available to meet with me and walk around and look at vehicles that met my criteria. After we walked around a bit, I decided to buy new. He showed me a 2015 RDX, and I thought it was great. We didn't have to haggle over the price, as Jerome knew what I was looking to spend. I walked in just to look around, but after seeing it in person and seeing the price, I knew i had to make this purchase. Jerome was very helpful throughout the whole process, he definitely made the whole process enjoyable. He waited with me while Erik in Financing was meeting with other customers. When it was my turn to meet with Erik, Jerome had my belongings taken out of my trade in and put in my new RDX. Erik was very insightful as well. He had all of my paperwork ready and went through everything with me very thoroughly. After I was finished with Erik, Jerome met up with me and took me to the bay where my new RDX was waiting. When I got the car home, i realized i had left something in my old car. I contacted Jerome, after the dealership had closed, and he said he'd make sure to grab it for me first thing Monday morning. Sure enough, Monday morning came and Jerome called me to let me know he retrieved the item. I have had the car about 3 weeks now, and love it. Thanks to Jerome and the McGrath Acura Chicago team, I am a proud Acura owner. Thank you Jerome for helping me through this process. You are a true professional and I appreciate all you have done to get me in the car I truly wanted. I will definitely be recommending Jerome and McGrath Acura Chicago to my friends and relatives that are in the market for a new vehicle.

Great Experience at McGrath Acura Chicago

by from Chicago, IL |

My experience at McGrath Acura Chicago was excellent. From my initial phone conversations with Jerome Powell to actually coming into the dealership to meet with him to take a look at the 2015 Acura RDX was phenomenal. Jerome exemplified true professionalism throughout the whole process and never put any pressure as other salesman I've dealt with at other dealerships in the past. When I decided on the RDX, Jerome was there throughout the whole process. When it was time to discuss financing with Erik, that was one of the easiest financing processes I have been through. He was well prepared and had all of the paperwork ready. My experience at McGrath Acura Chicago was very enjoyable and I look forward to continuing my relationship with Jerome and McGrath. I will definitely be recommending McGrath Acura Chicago to my friends and relatives that are in the market for a new vehicle.