CAG - First Texas Honda

3400 Steck Ave, Austin, TX 78757

New 888-266-1398
Used 888-385-9914
Service 866-418-6441

"Austin's Hassle-Free, Haggle-Free Honda Dealer"

100% Satisfied With My Recent Service Experience!

by from Austin, TX |

ALL of my service experiences with First Texas Honda have been excellent! My most recent visit to First Texas Honda resulted from a flat tire, which I discovered as I was about to drive to an appointment. I called First Texas Honda's Service Department and was delighted to hear that my car would be repaired (two new tires) and ready to pick up the very same day. Dottie Garcia, my service manager, was highly professional and courteous. I called back later and was told that my car would be ready in about 30 minutes. Having no other transportation, I mentioned to Dottie that I would call a cab. To my surprise, Dottie informed me that First Texas Honda would gladly send a driver to pick me up and take me back to the Service Department. This was very helpful and saved me the additional cab fare. I am very happy with the prompt, courteous, and professional service I received. Thanks, Dottie!

The only place to buy a car in Austin

by from Austin |

This is my 2nd purchase in 5 years at this dealership. I am a professional woman, and in the past I have felt that buying a car was stepping back in time 50 years: the salesmen would talk to me about the vanity mirror or how the interior matched my hair. Not here. This is a thoroughly modern dealership that treats women like they are intelligent. Every interaction I've had with them--buying both cars, and once getting a warranty repair done--has been helpful, courteous, efficient, modern. This is how buying a car in the 21st century should feel. I got the best car for the best price, and the best interest rate. I know I did because I researched everything before I shopped, and I'd been to another dealership first. I needed a car, and I drove one away in 3 hours. I appreciate the lack of schmooze. The no-haggle pricing is great. I did haggle about the interest rate they initially presented because I knew my bank could do better. In 5 minutes, they matched it. I couldn't recommend this dealership more. I bought a car. I din't "get sold" a car.

Scheduled Maintenance

by from Austin, Texas |

I got my Honda CRV in and had it serviced in less than one hour. The Service Advisor by the name of Jack, was very helpful.

What they say is TRUE! 1st Tx is REAL!

by from The Woodlands, Texas |

A truly enjoyable experience. Their fast, fair and friendly is true. I worked with only one person, no smoke & mirrors or hocus-pocus. This is what buying a car should really be like. Everything was clear and had zero fear in anything they said or did. I was looking for a car to buy my son for his 18th birthday. They found a perfect match and what was even better, they were able to establish a loan with my son name on it. Thanks to Jeanie, Christian, Tyler and Chris for making my son's 18th birthday even more exciting. AND the coffee, WOW they have good coffee, really good coffee. I ate breakfast there and they invited me to do it everyday if I like. I wish I could take them up on that. There is a warmth and/or family feeling you get just walking in the store. Much like a small "mom & pop" business that you just know, they have the customers best interest first. This is the 2nd car I have purchased from 1st Texas and I drive from Houston to do so.

Great Service!!

by from Austin, TX |

We had amazing buying process with Ken Sands! He was wonderful spent a lot time with us answering all our questions he kept us informed when our car was coming in. Everything was so easy. We have been a GMC kind of family for many years. We had heard that First TX Honda was a great place to buy a car and Honda's had a great reputation for dependability. We thought we would look at the CRV's with no real intention of buying one. But, we liked the fact that Ken wasnt a pushy sales person and took time to explain everything about the car plus the car was beautiful and within our price budget. We our first time Honda owners and cant be happier!!

wonderful young man helped me- AHMED

by from Austin, Texas |

Ahmed helped me- My part needed ordering so 2 trips were necessary- waiting in the clean and roomy area was not a problem--- he was courteous and kind- As I waited in a few areas was approached by other service associates to be sure I was being taken care of...you are doing something right at your business....Thank you.....Terry Winfield

Great dealership

by from Vermillion, SD |

Awesome experience at First Texas. Steve, our salesman, was great. Excellent facilities and selection of vehicles.

Poor Customer Care After Sale

by from Austin, TX |

I have purchased three new Hondas from Howdy Honda, and decided to try First Texas as they are close to my home. I ended up purchasing a new car from First Texas in 2012, and a little over one year later I took my car to Firestone to look at a low tire. They showed me three bald tires, and told me this should not happen to tires just over a year old and that I should show them to First Texas. I called the salesman who sold me the car, and he told me that because I could not prove with receipts that I had rotated my tires, nothing could be done. He did not even want to discuss the matter or look at the tires. Because of poor customer follow up, I will be purchasing my new Hondas in the future from Howdy. Their customer service has always been outstanding before and after the sale.

My Honda

by from Buda, Texas |

I stepped out of my box! I had been a FORD owner since age 15, 47 years of nothing but Ford. I now have my first Honda CRV and I am beyond happy. Christian Mancheno made the entire process (from start to finish) rather effortless. I was literally there for 2 hours. I couldn't be happier ! Step out of your box... I promise, you are in for an amazing ride. Thank you Christian!!

Great purchase & buying experience w/ Jacob Baird

by from Driftwood, TX |

Recently, my wife and I purchased a 2013 Honda Odyssey for our family. It is fantastic, and we could not be happier. It has been some time since we have purchased a vehicle - we have been driving a Toyota Corolla and Ford F-150 for a combined 25 years, which we have experienced no problems. However, with a growing family, we were in the market for a mini-van, and with our experience with Toyota, we were looking closely at the Toyota Sienna. On our way to Charles Maund Toyota, we stopped at First Texas Honda - and well, never made it back to the Toyota dealer. We worked with Jacob Baird, who is a Product Specialist, to locate the next vehicle for our family. Jacob's extensive knowledge of the Honda products and his technical competence, in general, together with his genuine discussion of the options, sold us our new vehicle - with which we are very happy. Thank you Jacob - Thank you First Texas.

Service Customer Service

by from Austin Texas |

Hope you read all of it. (Melissa Martinez 5126571822, 2004 Honda CRV, Austin, Texas) Arrival to Dealership: I was scheduled for a 7a.m. drop-in for service repair with Dottie (I assumed they scheduled me with Dottie because she would be there to receive me in the morning). I got their late at 7:30 a.m. and Dottie wasn't even there yet; when she did show up about 10 minutes later, she didn't know what I was in for. (Seems like the scheduling reps should coordinate better with service reps. Why schedule me with a service rep at a time the rep won't be there?) It would be nice if the service rep makes an attempt to show some knowledge of why your coming in. Maybe they study the appointment log the day before? Just a suggestion. Service Discussion: Once I explained all the issues I had with the car, Dottie did a GREAT job working with me and prioritizing the best way to fix the car by staying within a budget. Personalized Shuttle Service: Love the service. Payment and Pick up of Car (HORRIBLE): Dottie called me to say the car was ready to pick up. I went to the cashier to pay and she said I would have to get with Dottie as Dottie would collect my money and give me the paperwork in order to pick up my car. Well Dottie was gone again - she had stepped out for lunch. So I had to wait around for someone to scramble to handle the transaction and review the invoice of charges. Major disconnect here. The service rep (young anglo male - look up who closed out the ticket) was HORRIBLE. He knew nothing about my car and why I was there so his explanation of the charges was rather 'dry'. While I was making the payment I mentioned that I had failed to talk Dottie about another issue I had on the car; I didn't need to fix immediately but wanted some feedback on what she thought the issue might be. I explained that the night light on the flasher button and the speed knob for the AC and heat was no longer on when I turned on the car lights (2004 Honda CRV) and I wondered if it was a fuse or what it might be. He starts talking about the dash and speedometer and how it was probably an assembly that needed to be replaced. I said I wasn't talking about the speedometer but the center area where the flasher and flow knob is located. He stumbled and said he didn't know that car and he didn't offer to go look at my car to get educated-- and said well he didn't know. He said It could be a rat that got under the car, but it couldn't be a fuse. He just didn't show any interest. I guess because he wasn't getting any commission off the deal, he didn't care. I gave up and so that experience with that one individual changed my feeling about the entire experience at First Texas Honda.