CAG - First Texas Honda

3400 Steck Ave, Austin, TX 78757

New 888-266-1398
Used 888-385-9914
Service 866-418-6441

"Austin's Hassle-Free, Haggle-Free Honda Dealer"

Review of Salesman Brian Brown

by from Leander, Texas |

We had been used car shopping for several weeks with some disappointment in some of the local dealerships "honesty". The car we needed had to be under $7,000 as it was just a second car for our family and was not going to be driven often. Brian met us in the parking lot of the many used cars First Texas Honda has. He was very friendly and asked if he could be of any help. We told him what we were looking for and he took us to a separate lot, with just that. He did not try and up-sale us and in fact showed us several vehicles that were significantly below what we were willing to pay. Once we found the car we wanted, he made the buying process extremely easy. He made sure my wife and I with 2 small children were comfortable while he dealt with the financing aspect. My wife and I were very pleased with Brian and all the folks at First Texas Honda were friendly. We are already talking about possibly buying a new Honda SUV to replace our old Tahoe because of the service we received from Brian Brown at First Texas Honda.

100% Satisfied With My Recent Service Experience!

by from Austin, TX |

ALL of my service experiences with First Texas Honda have been excellent! My most recent visit to First Texas Honda resulted from a flat tire, which I discovered as I was about to drive to an appointment. I called First Texas Honda's Service Department and was delighted to hear that my car would be repaired (two new tires) and ready to pick up the very same day. Dottie Garcia, my service manager, was highly professional and courteous. I called back later and was told that my car would be ready in about 30 minutes. Having no other transportation, I mentioned to Dottie that I would call a cab. To my surprise, Dottie informed me that First Texas Honda would gladly send a driver to pick me up and take me back to the Service Department. This was very helpful and saved me the additional cab fare. I am very happy with the prompt, courteous, and professional service I received. Thanks, Dottie!

Service Customer Service

by from Austin Texas |

Hope you read all of it. (Melissa Martinez 5126571822, 2004 Honda CRV, Austin, Texas) Arrival to Dealership: I was scheduled for a 7a.m. drop-in for service repair with Dottie (I assumed they scheduled me with Dottie because she would be there to receive me in the morning). I got their late at 7:30 a.m. and Dottie wasn't even there yet; when she did show up about 10 minutes later, she didn't know what I was in for. (Seems like the scheduling reps should coordinate better with service reps. Why schedule me with a service rep at a time the rep won't be there?) It would be nice if the service rep makes an attempt to show some knowledge of why your coming in. Maybe they study the appointment log the day before? Just a suggestion. Service Discussion: Once I explained all the issues I had with the car, Dottie did a GREAT job working with me and prioritizing the best way to fix the car by staying within a budget. Personalized Shuttle Service: Love the service. Payment and Pick up of Car (HORRIBLE): Dottie called me to say the car was ready to pick up. I went to the cashier to pay and she said I would have to get with Dottie as Dottie would collect my money and give me the paperwork in order to pick up my car. Well Dottie was gone again - she had stepped out for lunch. So I had to wait around for someone to scramble to handle the transaction and review the invoice of charges. Major disconnect here. The service rep (young anglo male - look up who closed out the ticket) was HORRIBLE. He knew nothing about my car and why I was there so his explanation of the charges was rather 'dry'. While I was making the payment I mentioned that I had failed to talk Dottie about another issue I had on the car; I didn't need to fix immediately but wanted some feedback on what she thought the issue might be. I explained that the night light on the flasher button and the speed knob for the AC and heat was no longer on when I turned on the car lights (2004 Honda CRV) and I wondered if it was a fuse or what it might be. He starts talking about the dash and speedometer and how it was probably an assembly that needed to be replaced. I said I wasn't talking about the speedometer but the center area where the flasher and flow knob is located. He stumbled and said he didn't know that car and he didn't offer to go look at my car to get educated-- and said well he didn't know. He said It could be a rat that got under the car, but it couldn't be a fuse. He just didn't show any interest. I guess because he wasn't getting any commission off the deal, he didn't care. I gave up and so that experience with that one individual changed my feeling about the entire experience at First Texas Honda.

Just providing feedback

by from Austin, TX |

Good experience but industry still needs to learn how to improve the speed of the buying process.

Kind, friendly and professional

by from Austin, TX |

I have been satisfied with the purchase of a used Chevrolet Cobalt LS 5 years ago at First Texas Honda. It served me well until the icy morning of January 28 when I got involved in a multiple cars collision. The staff at First Texas Honda was professional, knowledgeable and kind all the way, from looking at a new Honda to driving out with my new 2014 Honda Civic Coupe. I enjoyed their Continental Cafe and the delicious cafe latte. The new location is beautiful and spacious. Most likely I will return to First Texas Honda when time will come for a new vehicule. Highly recommended car seller and staff. It was a pleasure to deal with Andrew D through the process of finding the car for me and Nate through the process of purchasing the car.

Kay Davis

by from Austin, Tx |

I brought my car in for an express oil change and have someone check why the engine warning light was on. I thought it was a gas cap issue. Turned out to be more serious. Got the problem fixed and repairs done in less than 2 hours and my service tech Wayne was so good. He kept me updated and kept costs to an amount I could afford. The place is very clean and I ate my way through the continual cafe. Very nice touch, (last time I was there it was closed). Had time to look at all the new models and while my salesman was gone the rest of the sales staff was so friendly and Courtney gave me a tour & some valuable information about Honda and their products knowing he wasn't going to sell me a car. Yours is the #1 Honda dealer in the state. I have been to a couple of others in the state and they don't compare to friendliness or caring tha yall do. I am a very happy customer and tell any one I see with a Honda to come see you for service or a new vechical. Thank you for the old time custoner service, most places dont know what customer service is any more Kay Davis Austin, Tx

Great Experience

by from Austin,TX |

Great Experience As Usual. Nothing but the best service from First Texas Honda

Unscheduled Battery Failure

by from Austin, TX |

My daughter had to get the battery on our 2008 Honda Fit jumped in San Angelo to come home for a weekend visit from school. First Texas service told me to bring it in when she got home. The oil service indicator lit up as we pulled into the parking lot. I also had a recall item to have checked. We arrived about 4 on Friday afternoon. They got it all done at a reasonable price and even included a complimentary run through the car wash.

Good service with professional courtesy

by from Jonestown, TX |

Drove in at 11:00 AM for impromptu service, no appointment. They said it would be 1-1 1/2 hours before they could get me an evaluation. They were Johnny on the spot, took care of the repair, under warranty, with only 492 miles remaining on a 120,000 mile service policy. The complimentary coffee café is like a "starbucks", comfortable, welcoming. It was a pleasing experience all around. Over the past 5-years any time I visited the dealership for maintenance or service, it was "customer first", and I have always been satisfied.

Great service

by from Austin |

Went in for regular service without an appointment and received courteous, professional attention. Expected wait time was shorter than expected. Facilities were very comfortable. A good experience!

Very professional and knowledge staff !!!

by from Austin Tx |

As usual, fast and professional service. No inconvenience what so ever. Thanks again. Jack Wright is knowledgeable and very helpful always.