Charles Maund Toyota

8400 Research Blvd, Austin, TX 78758

New 888-543-9097
Used 888-587-7654
Service 866-938-7141

Austin's only family owned and operated Toyota dealership.

Truly Exceptional Salesman

by from Austin, Texas |

Shannon Brady was our sales representative. He was very professional & explained everything so we were satisfied with our car. Immediately, after we signed our papers, he showed us our car & setup our phone . Plus, he expained in detail all the different extras on our car. He was very patient & thorough in this process. He made our car leasing experience a lot easier & more pleasant. We would definitely go back to Shannon & Charles Maund for our next car.

GO SEE ISSAC EASON!

by from Austin, Texas |

Isaac was an absolute perfect salesman and gentlemen. We went to Maund yesterday to look for used cars (not even convinced we were buying that day) and ended up buying a brand new car from Isaac. He was never pushy and helped us honestly assess the benefits/detriments of used versus new. He was always kind, thoughtful, gave us the time we needed to think, and stayed with us throughout the whole process (we were there almost 8 hours!). Even when Isaac could have gone home after making the sale, he waited with us in line for the finance department (until 9pm!) and even bought us dinner. Isaac is knowledgeable, honest, and trustworthy -- qualities you don't often associate with a car salesman. Go see Isaac. He is the best!

Awesome customer service

by from Giddings, TX |

I would like to send a big Thank You to Scott Tell and Sergio Ballesteros our sales associates. We purchased a Pre-Owned Certified Toyota Sienna and Tundra. Scott worked diligently to help us reach agreement on price. We appreciate the integrity of the dealership. Scott was easy to work with...pleasant, to the point and minimum pressure. Sergio was also very nice to work with. We understand selling and financing cars is fast paced and can be hectic...but they both presented themselves professionally and were friendly sorta like family. I am pleased they can see their customers as more than just a number or a dollar sign...but as human beings who are coming to them for help sorting out their transportation issues. Keep up the great work! Scott did above and beyond his duty of a sales person. He "babysat" both our boys (3 and 4 years old) while we were signing all the paperwork. I can only hope he is there next time we need another vehicle.

Amazing staff and GREAT first time experience buy!

by from Austin, Tx |

I've always hated car shopping because salesmen only care about making the sale, and rarely have your best interests at heart. Plus they try to put you in whatever the hell they want to put you in, so I was a little apprehensive when my mother and I pulled in. My step dad gave me 10K for a new car, well new to me anyways, since mine had so many problems. My credit isn't bad, but it's not great either so financing was a HUGE no go for me. I walked in, and Bryan immediately approached me, introduced himself, asked if we wanted something to drink while we discussed cars, and treated us very well. He was friendly, respectful, gave us great piece of mind, but most of all... he actually listened to my needs and wants! After speaking for a while and putting together a list of possible cars I might like, we headed outside where Hector then joined us. He was amazing as well! Very friendly and polite and actually showed us cars out of our price range, but actually worked with us to get me in a car that I wanted to be in. Both he and Bryan did everything they could to make sure I drove out of there that same day with the car I chose. Brent was sweet as well when it came to finalizing the deal. All in all, by far, the BEST experience I've ever had at a dealership. I paid 11K cash for my 04 Audi, they tinted my windows, touched up my paint, filled a tiny ding in my windshield, detailed my car, and gave me a full tank! They also offered to install a new stereo if I found one I liked, but I opted out because I didn't have the cash to shop for one.

Where's the follow-up?!

by from Austin, TX |

Good inventory and prices online but weak follow up despite my obvious interest. First I visited the dealership then talked by phone and emailed. Follow up was sporadic. Salesmen: know your inventory and follow up when I say I'm looking for something specific. You lost my sale because your knowledge of inventory and the product was weak.

Awesome buying experience

by from Round Rock, Texas |

Jill was extremely helpful and really made this experience positive. She is very knowledgeable and patient.

I had the sweetest sales lady :-)Malia Bingham

by from Austin Tx 78660 |

She was awesome. She really listened and took her , time w me I was really amazed I will recommend her to others thanks Malia Bingham

Worst experience ever

by from Leander, TX |

I had the WORST experience in the used car department at Charles Maund Toyota last week. To make a long story short- my fiancÚ and I we're so disrespected by an "upper management" staff member that even after reaching an ideal price, we decided to walk and take our business elsewhere. We were belittled, disrespected and dare I say bullied. It was awful, and at 8 months pregnant- no vehicle or price is worth that. We bought a beautiful SUV from Austin eAutos instead and had an amazing experience. I'd drive to New Mexico to purchase a car before I'd go back to CM Toyota. Truly disgusting.

Poor Body Shop Practices

by from Austin, Texas |

My 2011 Camry was hit by another car on January 18, 2014. Since Maund?s facility was the nearest to my home, I took my car to their shop on January 20th for an estimate by Corey Smith ($1,703.63), and to arrange repairs. I delivered my car back to Maund on January 27 for repairs to start. The damage was subsequently determined to be more extensive than Smith originally understood, and to require more repair time than earlier estimated. I recovered my car from Maund on February 7th; the final cost was $3,431.47, over 100% increase over Smith?s estimate. I guess that I am a slow learner! On February 1st, I collided with something (feral pig?) on US-377, between Granbury and Stephenville. After the folks at Jerry Durant Toyota, in Granbury, made changes (at no cost!) that would allow me to drive home, I returned to Austin and brought my Camry (yet again) to Maund for analysis and repair estimate, on February 3rd. Based upon Smith?s estimate of time and cost ($1,186.58), I revisited Maund on February 5th to make arrangements so that all necessary parts could be ordered. On February 10th, I delivered my Camry to Maund so that repairs could be started. [Smith had three occasions to be able to assess my car?s damage - - the 3rd, the 5th, and the 10th.] The damage was subsequently determined to be more extensive than Smith originally understood, and to require more repair time than earlier estimated. [Sound familiar?] After not hearing anything from Maund, I called at a few minutes after ten AM, this morning, March 17, 2014.. I was informed that my car was ready and could be picked up. This time, the final cost was $3,174.09, a 167% increase over Smith?s estimate. I understand that it was totally my fault. I should have had more common sense than to bring my damaged Toyota back to Maund for more maltreatment. Shame on me!. It?s understandably attributable to my Masochistic nature.

Charles Maund Toyota responded to this review

March 22, 2014

Nine out of ten repairs require supplemental estimates to determine the total cost for the repairs. Mr. Higgins' insurance company recommends us because we have a reputation of not screwing over the customer. Mr. Higgins' only expense to him was his $50 deductible for the repairs, both times. This customer is intentionally misleading others.

Wouldn't ever give this dealership my business

by from Austin, TX |

You would think that since Charles Maund is a family owned dealership that the salesman would be a little more polite-not to mention professional. But I'd beg to differ and I think Mr. Maund himself might be interested to know that his salesmen, especially the manager we dealt with yesterday were another story. The salesman we started out dealing with was Damon. He cracked a joke in the beginning so it seemed that he was going to be pretty nice. But then he made it known that he was very irritated at the fact that we weren't going to be haggled around. (Which might have been surprising due to the fact that we're women.) He pushed and continued to push on whether or not we would be trading in a vehicle and wanted to know more about that rather than trying to get us the car we were interested in. May I add that we did PLENTY of research, and clearly neither Damon or his manager liked that idea. Once Damon discovered that we weren't going to be an "easy" sale he passed us on to his manager, Alfonso A. Cordero, III. He tried to say that they couldn't give us any kind of deal on the vehicle, and the research we did was not viable, etc. We weren't buying what he was trying to sell, so to speak. I threw out the fact that we do have other dealerships to look at, as ANY smart buyer would shop around for the best deal. He went on to say that Champion Toyota(Auto Nation) and Round Rock Toyota are "corporate" so they "can't" give the kind of deals that Charles Maund "can" since they are family owned-which I beg to differ on. My roommate actually bought a vehicle from Auto Nation and they gave her a decent deal on the vehicle. (More than Charles Maund was willing to give.) May I add that Alfonso was VERY unprofessional and was disrespectful-which is no way that you should talk to a woman (especially if you want any hope of making a sale.) In light of that new information he checked with his general manager then came back with an amount that they could give us off of the vehicle. Also, the color we wanted wasn't on the lot and they quoted us mid-January before it would come in, or at the earliest 2 weeks. That's just ridiculous seeing as if Round Rock Toyota had to order it they said it would be there within 2-3 days. Then Alfonso proceeded to push pulling my credit so they could get me a "0%" interest rate. Unless you have IMPECCABLE credit, please don't fall for this. I told him numerous times that I am not interested and that I already have financing with my credit union and that was that. I finally had to tell him that the financing part of the conversation was over so I wanted to talk about cost of the vehicle. Keep in mind, this was 2 in the afternoon, and none of us had gotten to eat anything yet that day. So we asked if we could get that offer in writing and we would talk about it over lunch. He blatantly said, "I'm not giving you numbers so you can go shop around." WHAT? What kind of salesman doesn't expect the consumer to shop around? And if he didn't want us to shop around he really didn't act like it. He should have given us a reason not to, instead of being an unprofessional jerk. I would have NEVER given him or Charles Maund my business at that point, and never will. Needless to say, we did receive that offer in writing, which we brought directly to Round Rock Toyota, where we dealt with Lati Bouraima. He was WONDERFUL! They were more than happy to match the deal that Charles Maund claimed was so "generous" on a more expensive model of the vehicle. They almost doubled what Charles Maund said they would give us off, and the best part about it was that they were all so nice, Lati AND the sales manager, Arik Sichevoi. They did offer to see if they could get a better interest rate for me, but when i politely declined they said that was fine. Not once were we pressured or disrespected in any way. They were all SO professional. I highly recommend Round Rock Toyota over Charles Maund any day!

Charles Maund Toyota responded to this review

December 28, 2013

I would to like apologies that you thought you were not treated fairly. I would never want my mother are two daughters to feel slighted. I remember not having the exact color you wanted to purchase. We care about your treatment. Thank you for opportunity! Damon

Easily the best selection of new Toyotas in Austin

by from Austin, TX |

The new car selection as well as the customer service at this dealership is unparralled in the Austin area. If you're in the market for a new Toyota do yourself a favor and reach out to Lindsey LeBlanc, the Internet Sales Manager @ CM Toyota. tel. 512-458-2222. Lindsey is helpful, attentive to your needs and patiently walks you through the entire car buying process from selection to the set-up of your vehicle. I approached two other Toyota dealerships in Austin and there is a reason Lindsey got my signature above anyone else; She was the first to reply, she presented the best selection in town, and her correspondance was fast and accurate. Buying a car is one of life's more important financial decisions. With that said, you want someone like Lindsey to add as much value as possible to that transaction.