Charles Maund Toyota

8400 Research Blvd, Austin, TX 78758

New 888-543-9097
Used 888-587-7654
Service 866-938-7141

Austin's only family owned and operated Toyota dealership.

Truly Exceptional Salesman

by from Austin, Texas |

Shannon Brady was our sales representative. He was very professional & explained everything so we were satisfied with our car. Immediately, after we signed our papers, he showed us our car & setup our phone . Plus, he expained in detail all the different extras on our car. He was very patient & thorough in this process. He made our car leasing experience a lot easier & more pleasant. We would definitely go back to Shannon & Charles Maund for our next car.

Loving my TACOMA!

by from Austin TX |

Be sure to ask for Brody or Honor...These salesman are the best!!! Must admit we went 3 times before we ended up buying....But the sales staff was great...We did have quite a bad experience with James in Used car finance who gave us quite a lot of misinformation...But thankfully my husband insisted we go back...the dealership is close to our home and convenient...so glad we did drove home in My Tacoma today and I love it...Exceptional sales ...and the finance person (icant remember his name) in the new car side was extremly helpful....

Poor Customer Service

by from Austin |

Yes I got my new corolla in this place, happy about that. The price was okay.Nothing out of the ordinary, when I was time to receive my license plates, nothing. They didn't send it out. after a few calls I decides to go there. More to my surprise they had my license plates with a different address, and they forgot to send it out by mail..The only good thing that happened. They never acknowledge their mistakes . Poor ..very poor customer service. Never again. This is my Third Toyota, I got here in Austin, and the last time I am going there. I don't want to mention how rude some of the salespeople are...I think when I get my new 4Runner (my second one) This place is out the list. Poor business practices,very very disappointed.

GO SEE ISSAC EASON!

by from Austin, Texas |

Isaac was an absolute perfect salesman and gentlemen. We went to Maund yesterday to look for used cars (not even convinced we were buying that day) and ended up buying a brand new car from Isaac. He was never pushy and helped us honestly assess the benefits/detriments of used versus new. He was always kind, thoughtful, gave us the time we needed to think, and stayed with us throughout the whole process (we were there almost 8 hours!). Even when Isaac could have gone home after making the sale, he waited with us in line for the finance department (until 9pm!) and even bought us dinner. Isaac is knowledgeable, honest, and trustworthy -- qualities you don't often associate with a car salesman. Go see Isaac. He is the best!

Awesome customer service

by from Giddings, TX |

I would like to send a big Thank You to Scott Tell and Sergio Ballesteros our sales associates. We purchased a Pre-Owned Certified Toyota Sienna and Tundra. Scott worked diligently to help us reach agreement on price. We appreciate the integrity of the dealership. Scott was easy to work with...pleasant, to the point and minimum pressure. Sergio was also very nice to work with. We understand selling and financing cars is fast paced and can be hectic...but they both presented themselves professionally and were friendly sorta like family. I am pleased they can see their customers as more than just a number or a dollar sign...but as human beings who are coming to them for help sorting out their transportation issues. Keep up the great work! Scott did above and beyond his duty of a sales person. He "babysat" both our boys (3 and 4 years old) while we were signing all the paperwork. I can only hope he is there next time we need another vehicle.

Amazing staff and GREAT first time experience buy!

by from Austin, Tx |

I've always hated car shopping because salesmen only care about making the sale, and rarely have your best interests at heart. Plus they try to put you in whatever the hell they want to put you in, so I was a little apprehensive when my mother and I pulled in. My step dad gave me 10K for a new car, well new to me anyways, since mine had so many problems. My credit isn't bad, but it's not great either so financing was a HUGE no go for me. I walked in, and Bryan immediately approached me, introduced himself, asked if we wanted something to drink while we discussed cars, and treated us very well. He was friendly, respectful, gave us great piece of mind, but most of all... he actually listened to my needs and wants! After speaking for a while and putting together a list of possible cars I might like, we headed outside where Hector then joined us. He was amazing as well! Very friendly and polite and actually showed us cars out of our price range, but actually worked with us to get me in a car that I wanted to be in. Both he and Bryan did everything they could to make sure I drove out of there that same day with the car I chose. Brent was sweet as well when it came to finalizing the deal. All in all, by far, the BEST experience I've ever had at a dealership. I paid 11K cash for my 04 Audi, they tinted my windows, touched up my paint, filled a tiny ding in my windshield, detailed my car, and gave me a full tank! They also offered to install a new stereo if I found one I liked, but I opted out because I didn't have the cash to shop for one.

Where's the follow-up?!

by from Austin, TX |

Good inventory and prices online but weak follow up despite my obvious interest. First I visited the dealership then talked by phone and emailed. Follow up was sporadic. Salesmen: know your inventory and follow up when I say I'm looking for something specific. You lost my sale because your knowledge of inventory and the product was weak.

Awesome buying experience

by from Round Rock, Texas |

Jill was extremely helpful and really made this experience positive. She is very knowledgeable and patient.

I had the sweetest sales lady :-)Malia Bingham

by from Austin Tx 78660 |

She was awesome. She really listened and took her , time w me I was really amazed I will recommend her to others thanks Malia Bingham

Worst experience ever

by from Leander, TX |

I had the WORST experience in the used car department at Charles Maund Toyota last week. To make a long story short- my fiancÚ and I we're so disrespected by an "upper management" staff member that even after reaching an ideal price, we decided to walk and take our business elsewhere. We were belittled, disrespected and dare I say bullied. It was awful, and at 8 months pregnant- no vehicle or price is worth that. We bought a beautiful SUV from Austin eAutos instead and had an amazing experience. I'd drive to New Mexico to purchase a car before I'd go back to CM Toyota. Truly disgusting.

Poor Body Shop Practices

by from Austin, Texas |

My 2011 Camry was hit by another car on January 18, 2014. Since Maund?s facility was the nearest to my home, I took my car to their shop on January 20th for an estimate by Corey Smith ($1,703.63), and to arrange repairs. I delivered my car back to Maund on January 27 for repairs to start. The damage was subsequently determined to be more extensive than Smith originally understood, and to require more repair time than earlier estimated. I recovered my car from Maund on February 7th; the final cost was $3,431.47, over 100% increase over Smith?s estimate. I guess that I am a slow learner! On February 1st, I collided with something (feral pig?) on US-377, between Granbury and Stephenville. After the folks at Jerry Durant Toyota, in Granbury, made changes (at no cost!) that would allow me to drive home, I returned to Austin and brought my Camry (yet again) to Maund for analysis and repair estimate, on February 3rd. Based upon Smith?s estimate of time and cost ($1,186.58), I revisited Maund on February 5th to make arrangements so that all necessary parts could be ordered. On February 10th, I delivered my Camry to Maund so that repairs could be started. [Smith had three occasions to be able to assess my car?s damage - - the 3rd, the 5th, and the 10th.] The damage was subsequently determined to be more extensive than Smith originally understood, and to require more repair time than earlier estimated. [Sound familiar?] After not hearing anything from Maund, I called at a few minutes after ten AM, this morning, March 17, 2014.. I was informed that my car was ready and could be picked up. This time, the final cost was $3,174.09, a 167% increase over Smith?s estimate. I understand that it was totally my fault. I should have had more common sense than to bring my damaged Toyota back to Maund for more maltreatment. Shame on me!. It?s understandably attributable to my Masochistic nature.

Charles Maund Toyota responded to this review

March 22, 2014

Nine out of ten repairs require supplemental estimates to determine the total cost for the repairs. Mr. Higgins' insurance company recommends us because we have a reputation of not screwing over the customer. Mr. Higgins' only expense to him was his $50 deductible for the repairs, both times. This customer is intentionally misleading others.