4795 State Route 233, Westmoreland, NY 13490

Used 877-289-7709

Claycomb Auto

by from New Hartford, NY |

The Claycomb Dealership was recommended to us by professional truck drivers. We heard that the owner is an honest man, the prices are fair and the warranty is unbeatable. We were just looking around and were not in a real hurry to buy a vehicle. We purchased one that day. The owner pulled up comps for us on his computer on the website that we asked for. He gave us a warranty that I paid several thousands of dollars for elsewhere, and it was included in the sticker price. We got financed within a few hours after filling out the application at a very low 2.89% on a used vehicle. The buying process was very easy going and pleasant. We got what we were told we would be getting. Sewell, Don and Lisa make a great team. We will be back when we need another vehicle.

by from Cazenovia |

Over the last 20 + years I have bought only from Claycomb Auto Sales. My children have also bought from Sewell and have expressed to me that they will continue to buy from him. His first step in selling you a used car is listening to what you need, from there, he finds you the right car. The price has always been on target! His slogan "Retail Vehicles At Wholesale Prices" is certainly true. As for his service; it can not be beat. I live one tenth of a mile from a car repair shop but I'd rather travel the 32 miles to have my car serviced at Claycomb Auto Sales. His mechanics are knowledgeable, efficient and friendly. We get a quick appointment and our cars are taken care of promptly. As a owner of a small dealership, Sewell Claycomb gives excellent personal attention to every detail. He is honest and has integrity. Can't wait to buy my 4 X4 truck in 2015 from Sewell. I know he is the best!

Shopping for a car

by from Utica, NY |

I have bought two vehicles, both very good condition. Fun place to buy a car!

great experience

by from utica ny |

Buying from Claycomb was a great experience my husband and I tell everyone how nice it was. after going to some of the "big dealerships" it was refreshing to go to Claycomb. The owner dealt with us, gave us a great deal, the vehicle we purchased was under kbb and he gave us more than any other dealer offered for trade. made the whole process easy

Not Happy with overall value of my car

by from Herkimer, New York |

I am sorry but I bought a car from Mr. Claycomb back in January of 2012. I am sorry to say I am not very happy with my experience with the type fo cars he sell. I had to buy a new battery, new front struts, and now a new transmission hoses, which has cost me a considerable amount of money. Considering the price I have paid for this car, which is not worth the value of it. I am very displeased with my car that I purchased from this dealership. I would never again buy another car from him as long as I live. Please do not purchase any vehicle from this dealership. It will save you alot of time and money.

Claycomb Auto Sales responded to this review

October 2, 2014

To the best of my knowledge, this "customer" never contacted us, nor brought it to us to check. Kinda hard to fix something when you aren't notified of a problem. "Miss Nicey" has used other monikers previously and has made the same complaints, elsewhere.