Folger Subaru of Charlotte

5701 E Independence Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28212

New 888-673-8053
Used 888-430-8302
Service 888-433-4588

The Charlotte, North Carolina Metro Area's Premier Subaru Dealer & Home of the New Vehicle Lifetime Warranty!

Knowledgable and friendly people

by from Columbia, SC |

Mike Martinez answered all our questions, and went out of his way to make sure we understood that all we needed to do was to pick up the telephone if we needed help understanding the operation of the 2014 Subaru Forester he was selling us. His follow-up on some questions after the sale was prompt, courteous, and efficient. Overall, an excellent experience.

May 3, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us, we truly appreciate your business! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to let our staff know! We hop you enjoy your new 2014 Subaru Forester!

Great car buying experience

by from Charlotte, NC |

I wanted to purchase from Folgers because I knew they have been around for a long time and went off of a friends recommendation. The whole process was good and they had the car I wanted. This is my first Subaru and after 2 weeks of ownership I love the car. Thanks Folgers!

They would not bargain on the price.

by from Greenville, SC |

The salesman Name Jordan was very helpful....It was the manger of the store that would not budge when it came to price and i had CASH. I could not get them to lower the price so i asked for some new tires because the ones on the jeep were balled. The salesman went back to the manager for the 5th time and he even denied that request. So I went down the street to LIBERTY AUTO. I found a 2012 JEEP with less miles and @ a lower price. I liked LIBERTY at least they worked with the customer.

January 11, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review our dealership, Jewell! I am sorry we didn't earn your business this time around. Depending on what we put into a vehicle, sometimes we just don't have any mark up to justify the potential customer's request. I hope we have the opportunity again in the future. Enjoy your new vehicle!

Poor Sales Service

by from Waxhaw NC |

After doing much research and being a long time Volvo owner, we narrowed down our choice to a 2015 Outback Limited or Volvo XC60. We fought our way through the construction zone to get to the dealership. We were greeted immediately by a young eager sales person. We told him our story and that we were ready to make a decision after driving the Outback Limited. None were immediately available but after waiting 30 minutes he was able to find one but had to put gas in it. Another wait. And boy did the scavengers come out while the sales person was gone. I felt like I was at a used car lot. He finally came back, irritated with us because the other sales people were talking with us. We test drove the Limited and LOVED it. When we returned to the "showroom" as it is, we told him we wanted to pursue a purchase. We told him the color we wanted and the extras we did not want such as navigation and brake assist. Not worth the added money. I told him to see what he could find and call us. Of course the scavengers were circling. We left, and a month later, we have heard from no one, not even the scavengers. My conclusion is that Folgers is not really into satisfying customer needs and apparently does not want to search for the exact vehicle someone wants. They want to sell what is on their lot (not may Limiteds, ever!!) We have not made a purchase and will probably pursue another dealership after the first of the year. Sad

February 2, 2015

We are sorry to hear about your experience with us. I encourage you to speak with our Sales Manager so that we can find out where the disconnect happened and how we may be able to make it up to you. Jim Gamble is the new Sales Manager, if you would, please call and let him look into this situation 704-536-9635. Thank you for coming in and giving us the opportunity!

BEST CAR BUYING EXPERIENCE EVER!

by from MONROE, NC |

I purchased a 2014 XV Crosstrek from Folger Subaru on October 31st, 2014 and I must say hands down, it was the best car buying experience I've ever had. I am a car enthusiast and this was my 6th vehicle purchased through a dealer. I have personally dealt with Hendrick Lexus, Scott Clark Toyota (on numerous occasions), and Keffer Hyundai and none of them compete with the experience I've had at Folger Subaru. Troy, Shawn, and Kevin were extremely friendly and made me feel like part of their family. They didn't jerk me around, pressure me or beat around the bush. They knew what my expectations were as the consumer and they exceeded them in all aspects!!! Keep doing what you guys do best!!! - Ray S.

February 2, 2015

Thank you so much! We hope you are enjoying your new XV Crosstrek!

Lack of Communication

by from Kernersville, |

I confirmed an appointment with the sales manager to purchase a vehicle the following day. Told the rep that made the appointment with me to call me if the vehicle happened to sell before the following day. I was told that they would call me. I drove to Charlotte from Kernersville, NC Saturday morning only to get there and be told that the car was sold the night before. I could not believe it. The sales manager was apologetic but could have cared less. I sent an email to Rick Burleson who is the general manager there who was very kind and apologetic. I will never go there again.......

February 2, 2015

We are very sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you for reaching out to management to let us know, we appreciate your feedback!

Wonderful dealership

by from Davidson, NC |

After a really bad experience at Town and Country Ford, I went into Folger Subaru and was quickly helped by Bill Barber. He was very sweet and I was quickly test-driving a Forester. I had been searching for this particular model for months and I found the perfect one at Folger. The atmosphere was NO pressure, and I know I negotiated a great price. (They made it easy). They even threw in all-weather mats. Even the service manager stopped to introduce himself and gave me his card, should I ever need it. Shawn, the manager, was so friendly, and quite the dog lover. The whole experience was great, and easy, and I will be come back in ten or fifteen years for my next Subaru! (Because that's how good Subarus are.)

Thank you Becky!!

Positive experience with Folger body shop

by from Charlotte, NC |

Excellent customer relations. Friendly staff. Good communication on status of repair. Workmanship was excellent.

Thank you Jay!

Great from a distance

by from Raleigh, NC |

Though we ended up NOT driving across the state to purchase a car from them, they were very responsive and helpful from a distance.

February 2, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review us, AK! Maybe next time? We would love to earn your business!

Best car buying experience ever

by from Rock Hill, SC |

Mike Martinez responded to us very quickly and went the extra mile to get everything started and got us a great price. Jeremy found us the right vehicle and Shawn along with the great finance department got us an unbelievable interest rate and payment.

February 2, 2015

Thank you for your business, Mary!

A positive experience

by from Kernersville, NC |

I worked with Bill Barber, who was very helpful and very patient with me. Bill worked to find the exact car I wanted, with only the features I requested. I came from out of town to purchase my Forrester and it was well worth the trip. I never felt any pressure to buy a car. Sinnce buying a car is at the top of my list one of the least favorite things I have to do in this life, I was glad to work with a dealer, who let me do things my way and at my speed.

September 9, 2013

Thank you very much for your positive review, we truly appreciate your business! Please be sure to let us know if there's anything else that we can do to meet your automotive needs!