McKenzie Motor Cars

451 Chair Ave, Lexington, KY 40508

Used 888-683-4098

2006 Saab (-7x

by from Lexington KY |

Went in to Mckenzies just to look at a the Saab we have since purchased, and i was amazed at the quality of the vehicles they have in stock the honesty of our Salesman Dan. I've bought 10 cars since I turned 16 (I'm 22) and this has by far been my favorite place to shop. I will definitely be returning for all my vehicle needs.

Purchase

by from Lexington KY |

I recently purchased a used vehicle and was very pleased with the service and overall friendly atmosphere of McKenzie Motor Cars! In this age of technology people like myself like to research in advance of a purchase to reduce the amount of time spent looking and purchasing a car. The staff was very friendly, efficient, did not apply any pressure to purchase and answered all my question professionally. I decided to purchase a used car and was very impressed with the thorough evaluation and maintenance of the car to make sure it was in good condition. This alone made it worth buying from McKenzie Motor Cars rather than an individual as it provided a measure of comfort with my purchase. I'll be going back to McKenzie Motor Cars!

Satisfied Customer

by from Lexington, KY |

I have been a customer of McKenzie Motor Cars for more than 10 years. If I had one word to describe Jeff and the staff at McKenzie Motor Cars it would be "integrity". Let's face it, going to a used car dealer is ALWAYS a scary experience. They can tell you anything and you are not sure if it is true or not. At McKenzie Motor Cars, Jeff or Dan will take as much time as is necessary to fully explain the used car process or options they recommend, they have never tried to sell me something I don't want and have been helpful in trying to find the least expensive way to put me in the car of my dreams. A first class dealership with a beautiful indoor showroom! I am one satisfied customer and will definitely be returning for any of my future vehicle needs.

Great before you hand them the check...then...

by from Lexington, KY |

I hate writing negative reviews, actually I never have in my life, but this place really lost my respect recently. I bought my 2003 Jeep Wrangler from them for more than book value (my fault), and was happily driving it mostly problem free...for 60 days...To make a long story short, when I got the Jeep, I didn't give it a mechanic quality inspection, believing in good faith that they had already done so. The staff were great and helpful during the buying process, but never offered a warranty and insisted that any necessary repairs had been completed. I took a risk...and it was a mistake. I noticed that the oil hadn't even been changed and was actually low upon purchase, but just 65 days after having the Jeep, it suddenly overheated, spewed coolant everywhere, and blew the head gasket. I realize that Mckenzie doesn't legally owe me anything, but they have falsely accused me of driving the vehicle while it was messed up, further damaging it. They falsely accused me of destroying the vehicle, and haven't done a single thing to try and help me out on what is now a $1500 repair. That is after signing a contract to pay 200/month for 4 years...The reason I chose to purchase from Mckenize was because I believed they were a locally operated, family run business that put their customers first, this is true at Mckenzie...until you hand them your overpriced check...then you are off their hands for good. If you decide to purchase from Mckenzie, I BEG you to have your vehicle inspected thoroughly, ask about warranty options, and don't settle for paying too much. My recommendation is going to a well-known, large dealership for your used car purchase where they will truly take care of you even after they have your money. What's the point in buying from a small, locally owned business if they're going to treat you like a large money-hungry corporate dealer anyway?

Great dealership and atmosphere!

by from Lexington, KY |

I was very impressed with the staff and the INDOOR facility! Although I did not find the vehicle I am looking for I was very impressed how I was treated. I will recomend them to friends and family as well as return as my search continues for that special vehicle.

Most easy and Comfortable car purchase ever

by from Lexington |

I came to Mckenzie with the intentions of just looking at a 2003 Lexus IS300, it was the most comfortable down to earth, purchasing atmosphere ever and I was sold. Along with getting a great deal I had an experience to remember and promised to spread the word. Thank you Mckenzie!