First Ford

Used 888-793-5756
Service 888-734-8236

misled and huge regrets

by from fall river ma |

My wife and I had a vehicle to trade in and was looking to buy an awd edge. the dealership was very laid back and I cant complain about there service. My biggest problem was the trade, the car we were purchasing was a top 2008 model year "rather not mention make", we where told the car had many problems and the offered us $5000 less than what we owed on it. the car had less than 35k miles, we where assured that the offer was gonna be the highest we would get on it anywhere. they stated the car had bodywork that didn't show on the car fax," I inspected it and they where right. I should have left then and there but we are trying to start a family and really need awd. we left that day with the edge and a hefty monthly payment after edge,carry over from loan and warranty. Now a month passed and I get a phone call from a woman interested in buying my old car, i don't know how she got my number. She wanted to know a few things about the car i answered her questions , i decided to ask where the car was located and how much they where asking. well it was a state over at another dealer, the kicker is they where asking the same price i paid a year prior. 10k more than what we got for a trade. Ford telling me the car was junk isn't justified. tried calling dealer where it was to find out what they paid out of curiosity, no luck. I just feel ford manipulated us , I know that car sold for far more than they gave us. I purchased 2 types of warranties, spent an extra 6k and they still squeezed more out of us on trade. we are now in need of 2nd car due to ours breaking down but we cant take on another payment, we are already paying 520 a month now. if they where a little more honest and gave us a real fair trade in offer we would have bought 2nd car there. all in all there all leaches no matter the stealership. be fair warned and don't just settle for what you can get then and there. I should have walked away and didn't know I'm paying the consequences literally and figuratively. good luck to anyone searching for a car.

proper assessment. Please read

by from Fall River, MA |

Beautifully remodeled facility, very clean and comfortable. The staff was well kept and was always smiling and upbeat. Salesmen we worked with was soft spoken very cut and dry and too the point, I appreciate that in a salesmen because there not trying to build a fake facade. We spoke with the manager on that night he was very knowledgable and was fair with the price he wanted to sell the used vehicle for. Great customer service skills and we weren't there for half a day! Lastly the most important part is the vehicles, while we were waiting for an approval on an offer we made for a vehicle, an older couple walked in very upset that the car he bought 2 weeks to the dates dash board " lit up like a Christmas tree" with check engines and transmission lights. This turned us off but with the cool and collective manager he put on a great show to calm the customers and give us reassurance they take care if anything. And yes I can't forget.... The car was on the lot for 14,899 We offered 12,999. They would only budge to 13,989.... Oh and after these outrageous 400$ fees and service charges and on and on the car would be well over 15k..... For a car that smelled like a dog drove it and lived in it.... And played in mud then jumped in the back seat..... Not cool. So we bought our dream car for 14k no fees and had less miles from a small time dealership that I would recommend to any one in a heart beat. But first ford has work to do. As a young business they gotta step it up. Look somewhere else and keep first ford on the back burner! Thanks

Unfair and only want to make money on thier side

by from Fall River, Mass |

I purchased a used vehicle in December of 2012....been there 3 times 4 with the 1st and last time I get an oil change there... to get my car repaired...it is now august of 2013...and every time I brought my car there there was an issue with absolutely no customer satisfaction...I was told by the manager that "I bought a used car and used cars tend to break"...where I said back that" I didn't expect a certified ford vehicle to break down on me in a matter of months...if I was told this when I bought the vehicle I would of never bought it" Promises...Promises...promises...until the bank money goes into their account...I will say it the way I told them "I will never ever buy another vehicle there, and ill tell my children's children not to buy a car there"...Horrible.... there is allot more to this story....but I have to go pick up my used vehicle hence it still needed to be fixed and its under a warranty I purchased there with false promises

I'd Buy Here Again

by from Boston, MA |

We bought a Certified Pre-Owned 2008 Ford TaurusX SEL from First Ford. We'd definitely go back to this dealer when we're shopping for another car. Our salesman, Shawn, was great, very friendly, knowledgable and low pressure. The dealership let us take the car overnight so we could bring the car to our local mechanic in Boston for a checkup the next morning. It was nice to spend time with the car, not just a quick test drive. The dealership fixed everything we asked them to and the car looked great when we picked it up. It even had a full tank of gas. I'd definitely recommend this dealership to a friend, be sure to ask for Shawn.

Poor service

by from Fall River ma |

Service dept- had brought my diesel truck in for a temperature/white smoke issue. Diagnostic and fee was rendered with a poor recommendation for repairs, "Injector isssue" as to my current issues no repairs needed. As I was disappointed and ready to leave,I had checked my coolant level to be low and below the minimum amount "THEY WERE NICE ENOUGH TO SUPPLY ME WITH SOME WATER SO I WOULDN'T OVERHEAT DUE TO LACK OF COOLANT" No notes by Attending Mechanic about low coolant.(my Original Complaint for service) Needless to say my truck is still broke and I have to bring it to a different shop..

Under New Ownership

by from Somerset, MA |

First, I would like to thank the Ruggerio family for making my car buying experience pleasurable. I boughts a Ford F-150 Platinum. This truck has everything you can think of. They gave me an awesome deal on this truck. They really took care of me and I want to thank them. This truck was Ford certified used. I couldn't be happier. The dealership is under new ownership, if you heard bad things about Fall River Ford in the past as I did, please stop in and give them a chance to impress you.