Automotive Co-op

(5.0) 5.0 25 Reviews

1074 Hope St, Stamford, CT 06907

Automotive Co-op, a Great Choice

by from Newtown, CT |

Over the years my family and I have purchased three used cars from this business. I can confidently say that Automotive Co-op is a fantastic resource for anybody in the market for a vehicle. I was first attracted to Automotive Co-op by their slick website. Cars in stock are kept up to date and have a substantial amount of information including pictures and videos of the vehicle, as well as a Car Fax history report, and a detailed list of tune-ups made by the business before sale. Each time my family and I purchased a vehicle at Automotive Co-op, the staff was very friendly and attentive, and never used any of the brute-force sales tactics that other dealerships do. Automotive Co-op provides a very comfortable environment, and provides a wide range of make and models of vehicles. The quality of the cars at this dealership is fantastic as far as I've seen, and you cannot beat their prices. Overall, I would say that Automotive Co-op makes good on their promise of, "A very good car, for a very fair price".

Quick service and very good experience

by from Stamford |

I bought my car, Honda Civic, last month (OCt'15) and here I am to write a review after 1 month of driving:). It's my first ever experience of buying a car in the U.S.. I turned to Automotive co-op exactly to look for Honda Civic from their website and I got IT:) in 2 days time. First of all, I want to thank Automotiv co-op (Albert) for a very quick service and in addition to that I got my car right to my side which was awesome! Secondly, Automotiv co-op is so caring and attentive (they built to my busy work time and as it's my first time in the U.S. they even suggested me to get connected with Albert's wife when I feel myself lonely:))), ha-ha; Thirdly, the quality of cars are fantastic (even though later I found a noise at the right back side of the car, probably due to silent block worn out, which I need to replace I guess). If you, guys, have repair office, I would be double happy for that. Nevertheless, I love THIS car. Thanks a lot.

great customer service Al was honest

by from norwich ct |

My son Kyle is so happy with his suv we came from Norwich and it was worth the trip just ask for Al

Tommy from Branford Ct

by from Branford, Ct. 06405 |

These guys are very reliable to do business with. Highly recommend them to anyone needing a good car.

Cars for college bound sons

by from Newtown, CT |

I had two college bound sons who needed inexpensive, reliable transportation. I contacted Al at Automotive Co-op and gave him my price ranges and asked him to get back to me when he found cars that met my criteria. This led to my purchasing a Toyota Carolla in 2012 and a Volkwagen Jetta in 2014. Al's recommendation for both cars was great. They were both reliable, fuel efficient, and affordable. The most important factor to me in these cars was reliability and I found Al had the technical knowledge to inspect and stand behind his recommendations. I'm very happy.

Good Cars! Good Prices!

by from Stamford, CT |

I am a single girl who just graduated from college. I was looking for a good dependable car for under $7,000. I found automotive co-op on cars.com and was very surprised to find many cars in my price range. Everyone there was very polite and helped me in every way they could to make my buying a car easy. Very nice guys and very nice cars at the right price. I was very pleased the way they handled everything. I found the car I loved and drove it away that evening. I highly recommend Automotive co-op to anyone!

No hassle

by from Queens New York |

If you want to buy a car without all the baloney, this is the place. They do not have a fancy showroom but the cars are in very nice condition and priced right. It is mostly a wholesale atmosphere, not your usual "Used Car Lot" with balloons all over the place. And I understand that they do most of their business from the internet. Actually the day we were there one customer came from Mass.and another customer from Staten Island N.Y. We all left with the car we came to look at. I recommenend this place to anyone looking for a good car without all the nonesense from a sales person. No one hangs over you or bothers you. You simply walk around their holding yard, find the car you like and take it for a test drive. If you like the car you can take it home that day. It dosen't get any easier than that.

A car for my daughter

by from New Haven, CT |

I was looking for a car for my daughter and happened to stumble upon an internet ad posted by the Automotive Co-op; I went there not knowing what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised by the low pressure sales pitch and the quality of cars offered for sales. The cars were in top notch condition and priced to sell. You can have your own mechanic look at the car if so desired. Compared to the other dealers I had been to, the overall car buying process is usually stressful, but buying a car here was just the opposite and I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a car.

A very Happy "Daddy's girl".

by from Fairfax, Virginia |

My dad and mom had to look for a car for me. I am at school in Virginia. When I showed them the picture I saw online, they went right over to Automotive co-op. The gentlemen there helped them out. They did everything possible to make it a safe SUV for me. Seeing that I have a fair distance to drive to come home. When the SUV was brought to me, I was the happiest daughter. It was in great condition! Clean, and safe! Thank you so much for your honesty and patience with my parents. Amanda G.

Nice guys

by from Wallingford CT |

The last thing I wanted to do was to go looking for a used car. I didn't want to hear all that sales talk. After going to a few places, I was ready to go home. My wife talked me into going to one more place.These guys are completely different then all the other sales people we met. We walked around until we saw a few cars we were interested in. The salesman gave us the keys and actually left us alone to go through each car on our own. The only thing he said to us was if you want to go for a test drive, just let him know. That was it. We drove three cars and bought one an hour later. It was unbelievable how easy they made the deal go through. I would recommend Automotive Co-op to anyone looking for a car without all the drama.