Northwest Preowned Center

3801 20th St E, Fife, WA 98424

Used 877-466-5914 Used 877-466-5914

Quality is the Difference

Best car buying experience ever!

by from Seattle, WA |

This was my 5th car purchase. All have been from private parties, as I have visited a few dealerships over the past 24 years and really disliked every single experience - the games, the constant follow up calls, sales people with very little knowledge. On my own, I know I have to work harder buying a car, but it is worth it to not be in that toxic environment. As my car was nearing its final days, I began to prepare myself for the next car purchase. Had my heart set on a few year old Prius 4. Been searching on-line for two months, so I knew exactly what was available (not many - people hold onto them) and how much they are worth (a lot - people ask for over book value since they are in demand). One evening I was looking at autotrader and saw it - a Prius 4 with the accessories I wanted, and with a clean carfax. The one troubling part was that it was a dealer offering it at the lower private party pricing. What was wrong with this car? Called the next morning, spoke to Spencer and was very direct with my apprehension of buying from a dealer and with what was an under-priced in-demand car. I told him I didn't want to play games, and wanted to take it to another shop to get it inspected. He said that would be fine, but he could save me the money and take me through the inspection report performed for them by a Toyota dealership, and how they can tell if a car has been in an accident. I agreed to come down, and true to their word, they spent a half hour taking me through the car - showing me where all the VIN numbers were, and how they can tell if bolts have been touched (meaning someone had to remove parts to repair significant damage). They also replace any brakes or tires below 50%. Then they took a photo of my license (did not ask for a phone number - very notable!) and said to take it for as long as I wanted. Spencer also provided me with all the service records from the prior owner, arranged in chronological order! When I asked why such an in-demand car was under book value, they said it was because they are not on a main road and sometimes lower prices to drive people to their lot. As soon as I returned, they met me at the car, and I smiled and said "sold". Everything at that point just got better - payment/financing was a breeze with Bradley. No major push for warranties, although it was offered and explained in detail. Then they gave the car to their shop for a final cleaning and Spencer even filled the tank. They told me I am covered by my insurance for 30 days, so I could even drive it away today, and they kept watch over my car for a few days until I arranged getting it donated and towed away. I kept saying I felt like I was in a dream and would soon wake up from this perfect experience! To top it off, I called a few days later and said I saw a strange small dent with paint missing in a place that could have only been made by someone in the backseat, but I didn't use the back seat. I asked if I could pay for them to touch it up. They went and got the paint for it, and I came in the next weekend and used their wifi while they fixed it immediately. Not only did Mike refuse payment, but he also had the shop buff out several other scratches on the car (that were not necessarily there when I bought it - I don't know), and wipe it down again! I was blown away. Their office is comfortable, they have snacks and water available, and the sales people even help each other's customers if one is busy! I'm still pinching myself about the spectacular car I got at a spectacular price. But, more importantly, the customer service was beyond anything I could have dreamed up. FYI - this is the used car lot for their BMW dealership - so they don't buy cars at auction but rather sell the trade-ins of people buying BMW. Also, they were knew a lot about this car even though they clearly don't sell them often since they are a BMW dealer - they must have read up on it just to be knowledgable!

Very postive experience with Steve Irby

by from Seattle |

Very professional and straightforward dealings in looking at a car that just came to their lot. We did not buy the car, but Steve was very responsive, had the car ready when promised and forthright in dealings.

High pressure tactics

by from Tacoma, WA |

Disappointed in their unwillingness to negotiate a fair price based on our own research. They were hung up on their "we price cars fairly" schtick, even though we showed them the fair price range and offered them slightly above that range. The sales associate wouldn't even take our offer to the manager. They also cherry-picked the research they used (vehicle pricing and fuel mileage), and would not consider other sources that we showed them. Never accept a "no" answer from someone who is not qualified to give it. Buyers have to be willing to walk away, and we did.

Bradley is the BEST!!

by from Seattle, Washington |

I just wanted to make sure that everyone knew that Bradley is totally a GREAT car sales man! I never thought I would say that in this life time but am so happy I went here. Bradley made sure I went home with my dream car (Mint SS trailblazer) and totally jumped through all the hoops to make sure I was happy! I would recommend them to anyone! If I ever buy another car I will look here first!!! Thank you! I can't express enough how happy I am!

Thank You, Mr.Krein!!!!

by from McChord' A.F.B., WA |

I walked in and the first person to open the door for us was Mr. KREIN. I had driven 5 hours that day looking somewhat like a college freshman who had just finished a Taekwondo lesson; but Mr. KREIN' showed me professional grace and excellent customer service rare in my experience. I went back next business day and closed the deal on newer car than I first thought I could afford. I would highly recommend Mr. KREIN'. BTW; he offered us two bottled water to take with us with the promise return the next day. Repeating; I was eager to return next day and as ofthis review write up, I nnow drivethe car of my dreams! ( I noted the Iin person interaction was a priority at this dealership. Phones were going off the hook during my visit- I would recommend In Person invested visit to this Fife located dealership; N.W. Preowned' Center. I am one of the old school who like in-person faceto face vs phone-email anyways. Other dealerships do not and did not rreply email. Inquiries; other dealerships repeatedly encourage in-person visit rather than give numbers over the phone. This Fife located 'N.W. Preowned Center' gives one the 'Leave It to Beaver' Episode/ Mr. ROGERS NEIGHBORHOOD experience oof QualityCustomer Service appreciated by old-schoolers like myself...I highly recommend Mr.Krein as the go to guy at this dealership!

2014-Highly recommended dealership of Western Wa!

by from Bellevue, WA 98006 |

1.This dealership sees beyond a customers' appearance and Department Address Northwest Preowned Center 3801 20th St. E  Fife, WA 98424 Contact Information Bryan Nelson Phone: 253-517-2682 Email: bryan.nelson@bmwnorthwest.com ; Gives ears to the customer sales rep conversation(seeing beyond appearance) with professionalism and mutual respect. 2. Unbeatable pricing! One gets newest used vehicles for the best K.B.B.resale value as well as Free Carfax backed assurance rare at times with competition. Note that this dealership offers at least two to three years newer model at competitive pricing hard to match by its competition all over Western WA. 3. I would highly recommend a visit here before any other competition. Given used vehicle availability varies monthly; this dealership delivers consistency in selling trustworthy QUALITY of a vehicle with RELIABILITY! 4. I personally had the BEST Car Buying Experience here at Fife's N.W. Preowned' Center; especially as U.S.A.A. Bank Preapproved' Consumer-Car-Buyer-in-2014. 5. Free chips and water; This was the only dealership in my last 5 visited dealership in the past 10 years ( Hawaii, N.H., Massachusetts, Arizona, Utah, WA') of car buying experiences at various locations where Sales Rep gave me two bottled water for my trip home after my dropping-in; note I went back next day and with help of this dealership and U.S.A.A. Bank; got my dream car unmatched by dealerships 550th IlesIit'sproximity to this dealership Iin Fife!

Good Experience

by from Seattle, WA |

I was interested in a car this dealership had and phoned to ask for the carfax report. I was assisted by Mike Warner. He sent me a copy of the carfax within minutes of speaking on the phone. When I went to test drive the car I met with Mike Warner again. Mike was very personable, the car was exactly as described and the test drive was a good experience. I let Mike know I was test driving other cars that day and although I did purchase a different vehicle, the one Mike showed me was at the top of my list at the end of the day. If the car were a few years newer, it would have won out. I appreciated Mike's professional attitude, which I did not receive at four other dealerships. I would recommend Mike Warner and the dealership to friends.

Irritated...

by from Olympia, WA |

So I have check in hand to buy a truck I am highly interested in, and I cannot get 1 person to e-mail me back regarding my trade and some other questions I have. It would be one thing if I was asking you to waist your time, but I would drive there tonight and pay exactly what you have written on the sticker if someone would just return my e-mail. Seriously BAD business, and horrible customer service. I should not have to hound you to spend my hard earned money.

Great customer service

by from Edmonds, WA |

Wonderful people to deal with. No hard sell tactics, just took the time to answer questions and let me make up my own mind.

Unimpressed, Poor Customer Service

by from Tacoma, WA |

I was pre-approved through another lender and was interested in a 2009 Honda Element they had. The salesman (Micahel Krein) said he might be able to get me a lower interest rate so I fill out a credit application. Later that afternoon I sent a follow up email to check the status with no reply. The next day I sent a follow up email in the morning as well as 2 phone calls in the afternoon. The first call I was on hold for almost 10 minutes and the 2nd one I was promised a call back (which never came). The following day I send another email from which I finally get a reply saying they are still working on my application. Contact was a little better throughout the day but by the end of the day I still did not have any type of approval. Keep in mind that I already had financing secured but they were trying to lower my rate. In any case, the next day I had received an email from Michael saying they are still working on the app. I decide to go to the dealership in person. When we get there we checked the lot and the Honda Element we were interested in was no where to be found. Come to find out that it was taken the previous night for an overnight test drive. Michael and the manager, Bryan Nelson, were in an office together supposedly working on someone elses' deal but were too busy to talk to me and that I was welcome to "come back later". We ended up going to Hinshaw's Honda in Auburn and after working with Bryan Christensen (sales) and Dan VonWagner (finance), we were able to get into a 2010 Honda Element for a lower price, fewer miles and a great interest rate.

Northwest Preowned Center responded to this review

March 18, 2013

We are sorry for your experience and thank you for your feedback! This is definitely not the way we do things. We strive to always provide the best possible customer service and to have complete satisfaction. Sometimes we miss the mark, and we apologize for that. we are glad to hear you were able to find a vehicle that met your needs. I hope you will give us a shot in the future to do it the right way.