Tom Scott Toyota

15933 N Idaho Center Blvd, Nampa, ID 83687

New 877-757-4151
Used 877-757-4160
Service 877-289-6170

Lifetime Powertrain Coverage Included on Every New Toyota!

Very pleasant experience

by from Greenleaf, Idaho |

My wife and I decided to look at the Rav4 on a Sunday and didn't realize Tom Scott was open. John came out in the heat of the day and treated us in a 1st class manner. We ended up leasing a brand new Rav4. The signing of the paperwork was prepared well in advance so it took very little time sitting at the business manager's desk. (Sorry to forget his name) Thanks for the expedient and enjoyable experience Tom Scott Toyota! I was also impressed that the managers came out, thanked us, and shook our hands. We felt very appreciated for doing business with them. We have always been a Chevy family, but the test drive of this Toyota, 2 year maintenance package, and overall personal care sold us. What a class act!!!!

Back in the ballgame

by from Meridian |

I previously wrote the 3 strikes review. I wish I could just amend my previous submission, but cars.com doesn't give that option. So, I have decided to post a second review, providing an update to my situation. I originally posted about a week ago with a negative review. I received a personal phone call from Tom Scott asking about my situation. I was impressed by the way they handled my situation. After the conversation, I asked if Tom Scott wanted me to remove the original message or update it. At their request, I have left my original message, but I have changed the number of stars from 2 to 5. They addressed my concerns fully and I will say I am very impressed with the way they did it. It's refreshing to see a company stand by their name and reputation and go above and beyond to do the right thing. Thank you Tom Scott and I will be sure to consider you in the future when I look at buying another car. Not all transactions and interactions can be perfectly smooth, but when a company tries to remedy those situations in a very fair manner, it speaks to character. I also have put Customer service at a 5, not because everything has gone smoothly, but I can honestly say they made every attempt at making things right (and succeeded.) Thank you! -Eric

Three Strikes, they are out

by from Boise, ID |

I have never bought a car from Tom Scott, but tried to on at least two occasions. I have had my car serviced at Tom Scott. At this point, it's 3 strikes. My first experience was with a service appointment. They were going to charge less than Peterson Toyota to replace a "faulty" computer on my 2001 Toyota Sienna minivan. I paid around $1600 to have that replaced, because the check-engine light kept coming on. Just month's later, the light returned. I believe there wasn't a faulty computer and they misdiagnosed the problem. I have found if I have all the engine cleaned, the light will stay off for 6-7 months. In short, I think they sold me an unnecessary computer replacement. Two years ago, I tried to purchase a Rav4. I thought I had an agreed-to price, but then the salesman said they quoted a price for the wrong vehicle. I had a talk with one of the floor managers and he explained the situation, but it felt like a bait-and-switch. In the end, I bought a Honda Accord from Larry Miller Honda, because they offered an Accord (V6) for less than the Camry (4-cyl) at Tom Scott. Then, I tried to purchase a Honda Accord (used) from them just recently. I looked at the vehicle (an old 97 accord) and it had a check engine light on. This is nothing terrible, in and of itself. You would expect issues on a 97 car with 180k+ miles on it. I asked if I could take it to a mechanic and they said sure. I returned 2 days later to pick up the car and take it to a mechanic and the "check engine light" was off. I didn't think much of it, but took it to a mechanic. They said the computer had been reset and they couldn't get information for why it was on previously. It would have to be driven to figure out the cause. I spent $63 to have the engine checked and Tom Scott had reset the computer. I was told by the salesman I would receive a call with why the car had that light on. It's been over 3 days and never have received a call and probably never will. In summary, I am only stating my experience. To put the best construction on it, one could assume the computer replacement was a mistake, that the pricing mistake was just a mistake, and resetting the computer was also an unfortunate accident. (They suggested a potential customer did this resetting, almost laughable, but I suppose possible.) In the end, it's just too many misunderstandings to trust this company. If they offered to refund my $63 I paid to Boise Foreign Car Service (who were great at evaluating the vehicle), I might reconsider this rating.

wonderfull fast and very pasient

by from GREENFEAF ID. |

WHAT A WONDERFULL FIRST TIME BYER EXPERIENCE.I WILL DEFENTLY GO BACK. DAN SCHUMACHER IS TRULEY AN ANGEL. HE WAS A FRIEND LOOKING OUT FOR ME AS A REAL PERSON.AND I KNEW HE HAD MY BACK ALL THE WAY. HE WAS A TRUE BLESSING.I WILL TELL EVERYONE I KNOW THAT .TOM SCOTT TOYOTA IS THE PLACE TO GO IF YOU WANT GREAT HONEST SERVICE.THANK YOU SO MUCH I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU.

Service dept

by from Payette |

We just bought our 3rd new Toyota and we told our salesman we came to Tom Scott in nampa because we were very unhappy with the extreme slow service at our local dealer. He assured us that will never happen at Tom Scott in Nampa with the express service lane. Well our car now has 5100 miles and the maintance light is on. Which at 5000 it is not even due for an oil change but a tire rotation. I was told this service would take about 3 hours. I think when it takes 3 hours to rotate tires you should be required to remove the express sign. In short maybe another Toyota dealer who lost a repeat customer because of an extremely slow service dept.

Tom Scott Toyota responded to this review

June 25, 2014

Dear Mr. & Mrs. Denison, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us in regards to your recent experience with us. We sincerely apologize for your frustration with this situation. To accommodate as many customers as possible, we offer appointments and gladly accept walk-in customers on a first-come-first-serve basis. Unfortunately, it sounds like the visit you had with us was during an extremely busy walk-in period, in which there was going to be a 3 hour wait-time because of other customers ahead of you. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience this caused and would love the opportunity to schedule an appointment time for you in the future to ensure you are in & out of Tom Scott Toyota within 45-minutes. If you would like to further discuss your experience or schedule an appointment, please feel free to call Tiffany, our Customer Relations Manager, at 208.455.2272. Thank you again for your time, business, and your feedback.

Sketchy Place

by from Boise, ID. |

I was ready to make a deal on a brand new Toyota over Memorial weekend. They give next to nothing for your trade and "package" extended warranty's into the payment without telling you. Not to mention the salesperson hung up on me the next day when I told him I bought from their competitor (Peterson Toyota). I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone!

Tom Scott Toyota responded to this review

June 11, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We pride ourselves on taking care of our customers and pricing our vehicles competitively. If you would like to further discuss your concerns with us please give our customer relations manager, Tiffany Ford, a call at 208.455.2272. Tiffany Ford Customer Relations Manager Tom Scott Toyota-Scion 15933 Idaho Center Blvd. Nampa, ID 83687 208.455.2272 www.tomscotttoyota.com

by from Eagle, Idaho |

I recently purchased a ("better than new") used vehicle from Tom Scott Toyota (Nampa). Team Toyota provided me with a fantastic buying experience: (Awesome Vehicle / Great Price) I received excellent customer service from people who exceed both their job expectations and customer satisfaction!! A special "thanks" goes to Dan Schumacher for his persistent, unwavering determination in locating the "elusive" green Tundra. The Tundra is awesome!!! I would highly recommend Tom Scott Toyota to anyone who is considering buying a vehicle.

after less than a week and returning for repairs

by from nampa, idaho |

my wife and i went in to get our first vehicle from a dealership and not private sale. Kragen was the first to meet us and was extremely pleasant and helpful. our whole experience there was fantastic. although all we could afford was an "as-is" 2008 scion xb with about 45k miles on it. the head guy got us a great loan to help with our trade in. which left us with only one vehicle(typical american living just above poverty level and both working full time) we put 4k down. now in less than a week we have to return the vehicle to get God only knows what fixed. my wife was driving to work and steam started to flow out the hood and the transmission wasn't engaging. so now it sounds like we have to produce more money(which is hard to do) to get a fairly new vehicle fixed. truly hoping not to pay a whole lot to get this vehicle fixed

Outstanding Dealership

by from Boise, Idaho |

I managed a car dealership in the 80's and have bought more than 150 new cars over the past 30 years for business and pleasure - so my expectations of a dealership in terms of integrity, customer service, competitive pricing and finance are high. Without question Tom Scott Toyota has some of the best managers and staff in the business. The facility is modern and well appointed - the staff are courteous and professional and the dealership focus is customer satisfaction first and foremost. Before you consider spending time and energy shopping other dealerships that chant slogans or make ridiculous promises of best price I highly recommend that you consider Tom Scott Toyota or Honda. Their new car prices are extremely fair, trade values are much better than the "Black Book" dealerships that are ripping people off and the dealership stands by it's product - unlike many of the other dealerships that talk about great service but fail to produce. I rate Tom Scott as one of two preferred dealerships in Idaho.

Dan Schumacher is the best

by from Redlands, CA |

I praised Dan "Tate" opps.... should have been Dan Schumacher.

Ask for Dan Tate

by from Redlands, CA |

I was out of state - wanting to help my son and his family. Dan Tate was amazing, kind, very hands on to helping our situation. I cannot express enough praise for how he handled the situation and the deal he worked out for us. Thanks!!!