Midwest Motors

4117 Merle Hay Rd, Des Moines, IA 50310

Great experience

by from Grimes |

Purchased a Mercedes Benz here 3 months ago. Use it as my daily driver, get lot of compliments and looks, 4000 miles on it so far. Looked for the right car for a while. This one was priced fair and in great shape. Love it!!!

Would not trust their opinions

by from West Des Moines, IA |

I purchased a vehicle from MWM. The buying process was easy and simple. The car turned out to be riddled with problems. I tried to call Matt many times but it is difficult to get ahold of Matt and he never returned my calls. Cory tried to give some assistance but ultimately only offered their parts buying discount. Many things on the vehicle were broken and it DID NOT SEEM TO ME that MWM was truthful on all the issues. IT APPEARED TO ME that engine codes were cleared so that I was not able to see them during test drives and that they came on soon after purchase. Cory's response to me was "they are not mechanics". My advice is, look elsewhere for a vehicle. If you do find one there you like, take it to a mechanic to look over, do not trust Matt to tell you it is a good vehicle. Make sure they fix all the things before you buy. Purchase a warranty or negotiate a better price to get it. I did not buy one when offered, my mistake. Im not even sure the offered warranty would have covered the electrical Light Control Module (an issue that should have been known since MWM took the time to replace broken headlight bulbs but not other non working lights as they THOUGHT they were only burned out and could be quickly replaced. Why they didnt do that but took the time to replace a headlight bulb, LEADS ME TO BELIEVE they may have known about the bad LCM but did not want to pay the $600 to replace it and suggested it was a bad bulb), the broken power steering (which I was told it was thought to have no issues and that was how it drives, stiff), or the cracked and broken intake elbow tube (which activatedf engine lights right after I purchased it and did not just break after I purhcased the vehicle, this is an issue that was broken over time and makes me believe engine warning codes were cleared prior to me test driving). Learn from my mistake, it truly is Buyer Beware at Midwest Motors

Updated review

by from Des Moines, IA |

I thought I would update my review since my Mazda just now got to the final mechanic after many reviews... It's been found that the 2008 Mazda that I purchased from Midwest Motors in February needs an entirely new engine. This will cost $4000. Almost half of what I paid for the vehicle. This car started showing major malfunctions 28 days after i purchased the vehicle. No wonder why the owner refused a warranty, right!? Props to you, Matt! DO NOT BUY FROM THIS DEALERSHIP!!!!

Midwest Motors responded to this review

August 6, 2014

The Mazda 3 purchased by Joplin was inspected and test driven to the buyers satisfaction. The vehicle had no issues described in the review above. The buyer did mention purchasing a VW Beetle from a private owner previously which their technician replaced an engine on costing about the same as the purchase price of the vehicle. The technician employed might be taking advantage of the situation when he is replacing engines on every car taken to him, let alone for trumped up amounts in the thousands. Warranties are offered on every vehicle we sell, at a cost depending on terms and coverage. Buyer denied extended warranty at time of purchase. Might be time to seek out a better reputable technician

ABC Towing

by from Cental IA |

ABC Towing and Service, 1552 Ohio St, Des Moines is the Midwest Motors repair shop. Drive by it before you buy here.

Would not recommend

by from Des Moines , IA |

I purchased a vehicle on a no warranty basis, which should have been my first sign. The check engine light came on the day after I bought it. The heat went out and the CD player was broken. I mentioned this to Matt, through texts and he pretty much pushed it off giving me suggestions on what it could be. He was very friendly while I was buying the car, but overall regret buying it. It has been less than 30 days since I purchased the vehicle and it has visited a mechanic twice since. Once because it wouldn't start, and now it's in the shop because my engine overheated. Lesson learned.

proud to support small business

by from Des Moines, IA |

Matt is a small business man who is big on knowledge. He's looking to sell you a quality vehicle even if you're only spending a couple thousand dollars. He's fair and still takes a hand-shake approach to his business deals. We're glad we stumbled upon Midwest Motors and will continue to refer Matt in the future.

Caveat emptor

by from Nevada IA |

I purchased a 2000 Acura TL 3.2L from Midwest Motors on August 19. The transmission acted up within 5 minutes on the ride home. The transmission light and check engine light both came within an hour. AAMCO and his mechanic, ABC Towing, both confirmed the transmission needs to be replaced. Matt offered zero financial help with the car. I liked Matt and his dealership until we had issues minutes after the purchase and he refused to help.

No Communication

by from Eau Claire, WI |

I contacted them by filling out the online form and no one ever responded.

2000 Altima

by from Blackduck, MN |

I was in from out of town to help my daughter find a replacement vehicle. We shopped around and liked the Altima we bought. Matt was very friendly and helpful in the process of purchasing the vehicle. After the sale we were disappointed. Yes, we bought it "as is" but there were problems that cropped up right away. First, on our way home, we noticed a front headlight was burned out. A couple of tires are losing air. The car has locking lug nuts but did not come with the key to take off those lug nuts. We tried to get Matt to help us with these issues, but we were left on our own.

Midwest Motors responded to this review

February 3, 2013

Vehicle was delivered 01/18/2013. Lack of prompt communication caused some misunderstandings here. We never had a chance to replace the headlight bulb since Emily failed to call back to come in and have the headlight looked at and replaced, the call initially came from her Grandmother few days after delivery. When I called later that week to follow up she had already replaced it. The second call came from Dwight after the car was up on a lift at a tire shop. Emily has never once called me directly on ANY of these issues. A burnt headlight costs $10 to fix, leaky air in tires caused by the weather less than $40, common maintenance issues I would have gladly taken care of on a AS-IS purchase. Our goal is to always be fair and never misrepresent anything even on $4,000 vehicles

Vehicle purchase

by from Norwalk, IA |

I would highly recommend Midwest Motors to anyone that is looking to purchase a vehicle in the Des Moines area. Matt, our salesperson was very professional. He was able to answer all of our questions and helped make our buying experience enjoyable. We liked the fair pricing and enjoyed the no pressure service that we received. We look forward to doing business with dealer in the future.