Ourisman Chevrolet Buick GMC of Alexandria

(1.0) 6 Reviews

1800 Old Richmond Hwy, Alexandria, VA 22303

Giving Chevrolet a BAD name!

by from Alexandria, VA |

I hope that someone from Chevrolet reads this, because they should think about removing Ourisman as a dealer and repair shop for their vehicles. If it was possible to give this repair shop a zero start review I would. They are sooo bad at this dealership in the repair shop that I am on the verge of selling my otherwise new Chevrolet because I don't want to deal with them as my local authorized repair shop. I love the car, but I now dread driving it because I view going to this repair shop as worse than going to the dentist! This repair shop does not understand the meaning of "Bumper to Bumper Warranty". They fight you tooth and nail on every and any fix no matter how big or small. And when you bring it in for simple things, they manage to find things that are wrong with the car that are very expensive to fix. Don't take it from just me, read the other reviews, go to yelp, go to edmunds, go to any review site, these guys are just plain terrible. Just expect that if you have an issue, that you are going to have to fight with them in order to get the vehicle fixed properly and effectively. And when you do get something repaired by them, they take forever to do it. An oil change (my third by them now) takes on average 7.5 hours!!!! You might ask why I keep going to them? Well when you buy a certified pre-owned car from them they give you a 1 year bumper to bumper warranty, but only if they do any and all work on the car, including oil changes. So you are hostage for a year. A prime example of my most recent issue. One of the chrome trim pieces on the driver's side door came loose and was peeling off. I brought it to them and asked for an estimate. I fully intended to pay for that piece because it is entirely possible that it happened in a parking lot, or other way that I could be at fault for. They came back and said that all four doors chrome were loose and should be replaced...at a cost of just under $1000!!!! I suggested that if the others were loose that they should probably be covered under the bumper to bumper warranty as it would seem that this is a defect of the car. They told me that this could be a result of damage in a parking lot, and therefore it is not GMs fault. I said "so you think four separate cars hit my four separate doors at the same time and they are now all loose?" I suggested that since the car is only 8 months into the warranty that they should cover the other three that are still securely on the doors, and I will pay for the one that came off. They said they would not cover any of them. Suffice to say, I went to two other body shops, and both told me the other three were fine and in no danger of coming loose, and that it should only cost about $100 to fix the one broken one. This is just one of many examples where they have tried to get one over on the customer. STAY AWAY FROM OURISMAN CHEVROLET REPAIR DEPARTMENT!!!! You may notice that I gave the buying process 3 stars. That was an okay experience, but they still play lots of games...but just realize that any deals they offer that include free repairs, or warranties that are done at their facility will not be honored by the repair department, or you will have to fight tooth and nail to get them to honor it. Therefore, it is not worth buying a car from them either, unless you like fighting with dealerships.

Terrible customer service

by from Alexandria, VA |

I tried to get an estimate for a vehicle I BOUGHT there. I called 4 days in a row and left voicemail messages each day. When asked to NOT send me to voicemail on the 5th days they did again. I finally gave up and went to Yates Automotive. Ourisman did end up calling me back at the end of the next week!

Be Careful

by from Owing a, MD |

Went to buy a 2013 Acadia Denali. Didn't know until after I sat down with the finance guy that I didn't qualify for the credits on the vehicle. The price quickly went up to 2,000 dollars above the Internet price. Also low balled me on my trade in that two weeks later I got $1,500 more from CarMax. They did say that they would honor the CarMax trade in value but by that time it was to late I had already bought from another dealer. They do not care about you!

So what do they do for a living?

by from Alexandria, VA |

Went in to test drive a vehicle, which was nice. I asked them to follow up with some questions/items and they never did. I am not sure they are really interested in selling cars. I cannot imagine what the follow up service would be like.

Not interested in selling a car

by from Lancaster, pa |

I send a email stating that I was interested in a car that they had for sale. Salesperson contacted me requesting more information on my trade. I gave him all the information and never heard back from him. I followed up and still didn't hear for him. Not sure how to buy a car from them if they don't call you back.

Disrespectful employees

by from Alexandria |

Had to take my brand new chevy vehicle here repeatedly to fix an electrical problem. Employees were extremely disrespectful toward me and claimed there was nothing wrong with the vehicle after numerous attempts to fix it. Took vehicle to another dealer and it was fixed immediately.