South Point Dodge Chrysler Jeep

5210 IH-35 S, Austin, TX 78745

Service Department

by from Austin, Tx |

Every time I get my 2012 Dodge Ram serviced here I am reminded why I said I would never come back. Bottom line: I been coming here with brand new truck until now. Customer service is spotty. The work is always incomplete; no attention to detail. They do not want to do warranty work and will try and work around it. If service is an indication of your buying relationship with the dealership, avoid this place like the bird flu strain.

Use service department at own risk

by from Austin, Texas |

No problems with the buying process but numerous issues with car quality and service department. In latest fiasco, they broke something while car was in their for another reason and then denied it. Said it was coincidence or maybe I had brought it in that way. Use another dealer or your own mechanic for repairs.

Postive experience!

by from Austin, TX |

It was a pleasure working with John. He was very positive on making my experience with South Point a pleasant and comfortable decision. His hospitality was very appreciative.

Wonderful!

by from Austin, TX |

Very good! Chris was excellent! Gave good info, very helpful. Wonderful customer service!

Wonderful!

by from Austin, TX |

Gwen was very nice and did her very best to hunt down our dream car. She was on point, fast, and understood us as customers. Thank you South Point Dodge.

YOU GUYS ROCK!

by from Austin, TX |

Chris was a very very awesome sales rep. From doing an online request he responded next day and made an appointment to come in. I cannot express how happy I am that he made this deal go through. He ROCKS!

Lovely staff!

by from Austin, TX |

Al Dean is an awesome sales person, as a woman, he understands what I want in a vehicle and the warranties are best. I felt I was in very good hands. I had just bought a vehicle in May and I came back to trade it in for a truck. He's has lots of patience and I am a hard bargainer and know what I want.

Respectful staff!

by from Austin, TX |

Gwynn was real nice, courteous and good to work with. Reasonable and respectful. I was glad to do business with South Point.

Worst experience at a dealership, EVER!!!!!

by from Austin, TX |

I contacted South Point via their online chat after finding a Jeep I was interested in on Cars.com but not being able to find it on their web site. I later received a call from a sales person who asked me to come in at 5PM and said he has the keys on his desk ready for me to test drive. I got there about 2 hrs early because I got off work early. He was with another customer (understandable), a gentleman who was new took me to his office and asked me what I was looking for, after two hours and being more or less coerced into filling out a credit app by a manager and speaking to another sales manager, I still had not seen the Jeep I came to see. I told the sales manager I wanted a 2010 or later New/Used Jeep Wrangler 2/4 door with less than 25,000 miles and it has to be Commando or Jeep Green. I was taken out to test drive a Black 2009 Jeep Wrangler with 55,000 miles (this was my first slap in the face) then when I got back and asked the price they told me 23,000 the brand new 2013 model I came to see was only 24,212. At that point I told them I was done, and one of the managers told me oh well the reason I didn't show you the one you wanted is because it has no A/C when I tried to pull up the cars.com website on my phone to show him it does he started saying "oh you want me to show you ok I didn't think you wanted one without A/C" finally I started out to look at the Jeep and the sales person I had an appt. with came out and was very nice and charismatic and took me for a test drive to go to my home to take my dogs out.(at this point I thought maybe it was just the people I was working with. After 2 and half more hours and telling them I don't need to purchase the vehicle today, I just wanted to be able to decide between this and a Toyota Tacoma, they had told me I was approved and everything was good, I was prepared to sign the paperwork and purchase the vehicle then they tell me well its gonna be higher because of no down payment they knew what my monthly budget was and that I had no down payment from the moment I walked in 4 and half hours earlier. They said they would talk to the bank again, after waiting until 7:30 PM I told them I had an prior engagement at 8 PM and had to leave. I was told by the "Nice" sales person that he would find out what the bank said and call me back the next day (Saturday). I waited all day no call, at 3 PM I called him and asked what was going on and that it was disappointing that he had not contacted me - he apologized and said he would call me back in a half hour or so, after 2 hours I got online to send a message to the Internet Sales Manager - at this time I received a text message from the "Nice" sales person saying he was sorry it would have to be Monday. At that time I told him to forget it, I would contact the Internet Sales Manager and find out the status myself. I called the ISM and left a voicemail, he called back soon after at 6:15 PM and told me he understands my frustration and that the banks being closed was the problem and they could not get an answer before Monday (not one person said this to me Friday or Saturday or I would have been a little more understanding, instead they promise information and callbacks and that still didn't happen) He told me he would find out the current status and where they were at with the monthly payments and call me right back (so I am thinking ok, maybe I will give this guy a shot) he never called me back.

Well done!

by from Austin, TX |

Chris Armstrong was very helpful with assisting with all of the paperwork and details of the car, would work with him again.