Michael Hohl Honda Subaru

(1.8) 7 Reviews

2800 S Carson St, Carson City, NV 89701

Never go here!! Ever!

by from Mammoth Lakes, CA |

We did our homework before even thinking on visiting this dealership. They had the car the met our check list. Did not even want to look at other cars and still the sales persons insisted. Upon fill out a credit application and setting a price for a monthly payment. Was told that a manager had to be found even though we were the only ones there at the time. Was suggested we look at more options while we wait, even though we stated that we were only interested in one car. Manager did not even come back with an offer. Was not even willing to run my credit nor submit anything to the bank to see if we qualified. Was told it was a waste of their time. Manager Brian could not even answer our questions correctly, was completely unprofessional and rude. Could not answer what was the ball park figure in regards to monthly payments. Told us sorry if he was offending us!! Really?? Completely talked us out of purchasing a car. As we stood in the parking lot completely astonished. All the managers and sales personal stood in their glass office and stared at us. Completely unprofessional, rude and by far the worst dealership I have ever been, will never return and never recommend to anyone.

Awful, Disrespectful Place to Buy From

by from Mammoth Lakes, CA |

Amazing Experience

by from Corona, CA |

I'm surprised to see the negative reviews on for Michael Hohl Subaru. We bought our first car from Michael Hohl Honda and got nothing but amazing service. We decided it was time for a new car and were deciding Honda CR-V and a Subaru. We decided to check out the Subaru?s first. We went in on Saturday at noon and here?s how things went for us. Sean Lyman was the salesperson who helped us out. He was very knowledgeable about the Subaru?s without being pushy. We were leaning towards a Forester based on internet research but checked out the Outback as well. Sean asked us what we wanted out of a car and explained the difference between the two cars. We test drove both but fell IN LOVE with the Outback. Next was deciding which color/package we wanted. We went with a dark grey w/the all-weather package. Let me tell you our car ROCKS! Sean wasn?t pushy throughout our whole time on the lot making up our minds. He gave us privacy when we needed it and was there when we had questions. When it came time to make the deal and discuss our trade in. Sean?s Sales Manager came over, Bryan Worch. He was very nice and was wonderful to work with. We talked about our trade in which was a 2007 GMC Acadia. He gave us an AMAZING deal. Better than we thought we would get and then it came time to run the numbers. We had a number in our head that we wanted to be (like most people). We were still deciding between 2 of the Outbacks at this point so Bryan ran the numbers for both for us and with different down payment options. He spent a lot of time with us talking about our needs from the car as one of our picks did not include the all-weather package. After looking at the numbers and talking to Bryan we picked the all weather package. We never once felt pushed to buy the car. Bryan (like Sean) knew when to give us our privacy and talk but was there when we had questions. We really appreciated the time he took to make sure we looked at all our options and felt comfortable with the numbers. Sometimes when buying a car you get the feeling that the sales people just want to sell you the most expensive car with all the bells and whistles but we never once felt that here. They always talked about what we wanted and needed out of a car and most importantly what we felt comfortable paying! Speaking of paying, we moved over to the finance department and worked with Nick Reinhardt. He was quick and efficient. We had already been at the lot for a while now and he didn?t waste time lolly gagging. He went over all our warranties with us and talked about some of their extended plans. We originally weren?t going to purchase one but after looking at the prices and the length of them we decided on an additional one because the value was there. Like Bryan and Sean he gave us our privacy but was there to answer questions. He also ran several numbers for us so we could really see our options and what worked best for us. We never felt pushed to buy the extended plan, we bought it because for us piece of mind is worth it. The guys who cleaned the car up for us did a great job. Being as it was a brand new car they didn?t have much to do but there was a few scratches behind the door handles (people when opening car doors be easy for pete sakes someone is going to buy that sooner or later!). They were able to get them all out and cleaned up!! Woohoo!!!! As you can see, we had an amazing car buying experience. Even though we?ve only had the car for a day, we will be Subaru owners for life. The car could sell itself but everyone we dealt with at the dealership went beyond for us.

do your homework

by from carson city, nv |

do your homework befor ou shop at m. hole honda subaru. you will be approached by at least three salesmen, maby more while talking about a purchace. it gets confusing and you could end up with a car you dont really want...i did. ultimately its my own fault...i didnt do my homework.

Let the buyer beware

by from Reno, NV |

My wife and I were in need of an inexpensive truck to fulfill a niche in our lifestyle. This vehicle would be a third vehicle and not be something driven everyday but only when we needed to haul our bikes and kayaks, and make our Costco runs. I had been looking around and noticed a 2006 Honda Ridgeline that would meet our needs and likewise would not break the bank. I had previously looked at a Honda Ridgeline, liked what it had to offer, and my wife and I decided to go look at this one on 7/17/2012. On that night they tried to pressure us into a purchase, but they kindly agreed to let us take the vehicle home for the night. On 7/18/2012, prior to going to the dealership, we had done some additional research and knew the Kelley Blue Book price for the vehicle so we could come in prepared, and likewise had the vehicle inspected to ensure nothing was wrong with it. When we arrived, as is the norm, we haggled back and forth for quite some time regarding the price, but we finally agreed to make a deal if they could come through on their promise of an "out the door" price and a 1.99% interest rate. Since they mentioned the interest rate, not us, I explicitly asked them if banks' were lending at this low of a rate, and they said yes, based on our credit. About 10 minutes after they left they came back and asked if a higher interest rate was fine, but that they were still waiting for responses to come in. As is the norm, they immediately followed up by saying, "well it would be only another $X per month". We said no and that we would only have a deal if they came through on their price and interest rate promise. By this point we were sitting in the showroom area and could tell, by looking over at the area where they were "waiting" for the bank responses to come in, that they were not doing anything outside of waiting a predetermined amount of time. They then came back and quoted the same higher interest rate that they mentioned previously. By this point we both did not have a good feeling about this dealership because of their way of doing business and told them that we were going to head home, think about things, and would get back with them. We were pulling out of the parking lot when the General Sales Manager, in his bright red shirt, came out and asked why we didn't have a deal. Both my wife and I told them that we were going to think about things, thanked him for what he had done thus far, and told him that this process did not leave either of us with a good feeling and that we wanted to take the time to talk about things. He then proceed to verbally insult my wife and I, told us that the deal would not be good if we drove off the lot, told us to go get our own loan, and was just all around rude. We were shocked. By this point we had made up our decision because you should not only feel good about the vehicle you are buying, but likewise feel good that your potential dealings with the dealership in the future would be pleasant. It is because of this that we cannot recommend this dealership and will never consider them in the future.

Buyer Beware

by from Reno, NV |

Never buy a car from here:

by from Reno |

Absolutely horrible customer service. Sold me a used car that did'nt pass smog. Finally got out of the deal, thank you God!