MD Motor Car

MD Motor Car

551 Central Ave, Albany, NY 12206

Used 888-375-7622

Buy it, drive it, love it.

MD Motor Car has impressed me every time.

by from Schenectady |

My family and I just picked up our 4th vehicle from Mike & Kevin at MD. Our first vehicle from them served us well until someone crashed into it totally it out 9 months after our purchase. Of course we went right back to see if they had something to replace our beloved Santa Fe. Kevin presented us with another Santa Fe but two years newer than the one we lost! What a deal! After that we needed two more inexpensive but reliable cars for a pair of family members new to this country. Again we returned to MD Motor Car. And again we were not disappointed. We bought two Elantras. Mike's full service repair shop has helped us maintain these great vehicles, with the affordable previous customer pricing, it makes no sense to service any where else. Now we're in the market for yet another Elantra and I'm sure the guys at MD will not let us down.

MD Had Want I Wanted, Worth The Drive, Great Deal!

by from Rochester, NY |

I was in the market for a 2000-2001 Jeep Cherokee. All the Jeeps offered in my area were all rusted out. Time after time, I'd visit a local dealership, only to be offered a rusty hulk for WAY TOO MUCH money. I was relieved yet skeptical when I expanded my search to include Albany and found a couple Cherokees listed by MD Motorcar. I was instantly put at ease after phoning Kevin in regards to both vehicles. He took the time to go over each vehicle in detail and the service work that had been performed on each. He agreed to hold the one I was most interested, for the time it took me to drive across the state. Once at the car lot, I was not disappointed. Kevin had depicted each vehicle which such accuracy, I was so pleased with how straight forward he dealt. The purchase process was quite simple and off I drove with my Cherokee. It's been a few months now and my Jeep is running AWESOME! Thank you Kevin and supporting cast at MD. You guys rock! If I ever wear this one out, you'll be on the top of my list for another :-)

Sold me a bunch of lies...

by from Schenectady, NY |

Kevin is really good at his job. He can talk the talk and really sell the cars on his lot. He swore to me up and down that the 2004 Hyundai Elantra I bought had been gone over and made mechanically sound before it was brought to his lot. LIES - within a week of buying the car the check engine light was on. I brought it back up to him and he told me it was an O2 sensor and it must be because of these tiny pinpricks he found in the exhaust that they missed before. They welded it and reset the engine light... sure enough the check engine light was back on in 3 days. When I e-mailed him to let him know the light was back on he told me "Being that the car was sold as is at a super discounted price and no warranty... You are more than welcome to get the repairs done elsewhere, on your own and at your cost." Now we've had the car for about a month and I notice that after short, 10-15 minute drives the car starts smelling like something is burning or the engine is running hot. I bring it to my mechanic and THERE IS A HOLE IN THE RADIATOR!!! Sounds like their mechanics did a really good job "fully reconditioning {the car} through our full service repair shop." I am furious... I have to spend and additional $400 to get the radiator fixed and he's still not sure what else he will find after the radiator is fixed. I've learned my lesson - always bring a mechanic, ALWAYS test drive the car... and never trust a car salesman.

July 3, 2013

Ashley, We are sorry to hear that you feel this way. It is also disappointing to see you leave out the fact that we offered to take another look at the car, for free, despite the car being sold without any warranty implied. You refused to bring it in, stating that you couldn't afford gas to drive it to our shop. Writing a bad review... even after we discounted the sale price (below our minimum profit margin) to get it to fit your budget?? As was explained to you during the sale, we give a discount on service after the purchase. Example: The radiator you paid $400 for could have been replaced here for $150 your cost. Please don't go writing your mechanic a bad review now that you see he over-charged for the repair. He's just trying to make a living. If you need any future repair work for your Elantra, feel free to visit us. We don't hold grudges and would still extend previous customer, discounted service work pricing to you. MD Motorcar

Pleasant car buying experience

by from Albany NY |

I was looking for an inexpensive second vehicle and had tried two other dealers who didn?t have what I was looking for or were trying to sell me a car out of my price range. I contacted MD Motorcars and spoke with Kevin. He seemed sincere, was very respectful and didn?t play any games. He had exactly what I was looking for and worked with me on the price until I was happy. The car was in decent shape and was recently serviced. He handled all of the DMV nonsense so I was able to just drop off my old car and pick up my ?new to me? car with no hassles whatsoever. I?ve had the car for a week now and it runs great. I would most definitely recommend MD Motorcars to my friends, co-workers, and family.

July 3, 2013

Jennifer, You too were a pleasure to deal with. It is great to hear that your new ride is working out great! We appreciate that you have already referred one of your co-workers. We are on the look-out for a vehicle that will fit her and her daughter's needs. Happy Motoring, MD Motorcar

great experience

by from Schoharie, NY |

I just purchased my daughter's first car from here on April 13, 2013 and Kevin was very helpful. There was no pushy sales people and Kevin was upfront and seemed honest to me. The car is very nice and ran great all the way home. I live about an hour away too. My daughter loves the car. Thanks Kevin!

July 3, 2013

Joe, It was absolutely our please to help you. We are glad to hear that your daughter loves the car :) Happy Motoring, MD Motorcar

We didn't have a lot to spend... Easy purchase...

by from Guilderland, NY |

My wife and I were in the market for a good, inexpensive used car for our daughter. We found several listings for MD Motorcar. It seemed that they had more vehicles in stock in our price range than any other dealer locally. MD appeared to be a good place to start our search. We were unable to make it to the car lot during normal business hours. But with one phone call to the guys at MD Motorcar we found that they offer Sunday hours by appointment. Perfect for my family's busy schedule!!! Our daughter absolutely fell in love with a white Elantra they had just added to the inventory. It even had the sunroof she wanted so bad in her first car. We took the car for a test drive and were so happy with how well it rode and drove. It was apparent the guys at MD had taken the time in the service shop to insure the car was tip-top maintenance-wise prior to sale. After a painless discussion about what we could afford, our salesman Kevin was able to trim the cost enough to get everything done for us. To our surprise... since we were transferring plates he was even able to send us home with the car that day! Truly top notch service, our daughter is so pleased with her car, we just had to write a review. Thanks for all your help guys, much appreciated. We will come see you when our son gets to driving age. Thanks again, Stanley

July 2, 2013

Thank you Stanley, It was our pleasure to assist you and your family. MD Motorcar