Saint J Subaru

220 Memorial Dr, St Johnsbury, VT 05819

New 888-749-4439 New888-749-4439
Used 888-740-6883 Used888-740-6883
Service 888-763-1853 Service 888-763-1853

"Nobody Beats a Saint J Subaru Deal!"

My second new Subaru Crosstrek Lease

by from White Mountains New Hampshire |

No car is perfect, BUT my last Subaru Cross trek was and is almost perfect. Aside from two battery incidents caused by not enough driving, ( days not driven drains batteries ) I have had NO problems, none, Nada, not one with the car. Could it have more horsepower as some reviewers state? Yeah, but it does not matter that much, It is delivered with sufficient power to meet most all situations. You buy a " Trek" for freedom, not speed. Yet it can handle speeds and delivers, I had no trouble driving at New Hampshire's 70 mph limit or, for that matter, plowing through snow and ice. Check out the safety equipment such as lane drift warning and so on, and the eye site technology! I have never been stuck in snow-- yeah this past winter does not count!!, but in the winter of 14/15, I found that the car always got itself out of snow situations safely, and rapidly due to its technology in handling all conditions presented to it. This time I got a 2016 ' limited Trek and after the first ten days, I find it an absolute gem and fun to drive. Subaru, historically, has great models that tend to improve each and every year. The gas mileage on my new " trek limited is awesome as is the smoothness of its motion. Try a ' Trek or XTREK today and you will understand what Subaru excellence delivers to you! The sales staff is awesome, committed to your satisfaction, and engages in negotiations based on YOUR PERCEPTIONS. I have NOT found better sales people in any other dealership in the past 40 years, NOT ONE. There are always good sales people at most dealers, but St J Subaru Sales people are precisely -- unbeatable! And we cannot forget the awesome service staff. I have known some of them for years and they are, from my point of view, actually knowledgeable about cars to a massively super competent degree--. I would not go there otherwise! They even helped me with some ideas for future add ons to my XTrek! The star of my experience was Dan Verge. This sales person was patient and had a great sense of humor that made the process fun and relaxing. He also demonstrated to me the power and safety of the eye site system. You will be made to understand its great value during his demonstration!! I wholly suggest that any buyer of any Subaru product including the awesome XTrek adds the eye site system to their car if it does not have one as standard equipment. Dan fully explained my new Xtrek's capabilities to me and spent all the time I needed to learn what I needed to know and stood by me while I transferred my SiriusXM service to the new car. You wont find another car dealer as awesome as ST J SUBARU!, nor a sales dude as knowledgeable as he proved himself to be. You will not find a better service department nor a more accommodating finance deparment. Chis in finance was great, fast, and thorough! Plus the management at St J Subaru is especially dedicated and supportive of their staff and customers as I found out. You will enjoy years of Treking with you Subaru Xtrek. It can go where most SUVs in its class dare not go, and it is a real four wheel drive always engaged and always ready to take you on your trips to fishing, hunting, or hiking and touring areas. It really is a sort of GT for Grand Touring car! It is, in my experience the most dependable car I have ever driven. I have had over 20 cars and it is the Subaru Xtrek that is not only surprising in its performance, easy on gas, and repairs, a pleasure and fun to drive, but it also whispers " DONT WORRY" to you when you think you might not make it somewhere due to difficult conditions. So, to sum up my experience, I will just say, Don't worry, you are in great hands when you drive your new Xtrek nearly anywhere. Don' worry!! Get one today and experience small car SUV quality that will make you realize that you are in a safe and wonderful car. Your sales person has the experience and the will to get you into a Xtrek now. Call Dan Verge at St J Subaru now and get started !!

May 5, 2016

WOW! Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a great review. Dan is a proud member of the Saint J Subaru family and consider him to be a great asset to our sales team! We are glad you love your Crosstrek. They are very popular cars. They are hard to even keep in our inventory! Please feel free to let us know if you need anything else in the future and, again, THANK YOU for the kind words.

Worth The Trip

by from Auburn NH |

I had been searching on line for a used Corvette for about a month but had confined my search to my local area. When I expanded the search I came across a Corvette in Saint Johnsbury, VT at Saint J Subaru. I exchanged several e-mails with the sales manager, Mr. John Martin and after confirming all the necessary details my wife and I decided to take a drive up there (120 Miles) to inspect it and take it for a test drive. When we arrived we met with John Martin who set us up with salesman Wilum Smith. We went over the standard details of license and insurance and then we were ready. The car was cleaned and ready for us to take. We did an overall inspection of the car and operated the convertible top and all seemed fine. It is common place for the salesman to join a customer on the test drive but as this was only a 2 seat vehicle, we were able to take it alone. The test drive went well and we made the decision to make the purchase. Although it was now well past their standard closing time, John Martin, Wilum Smith and the finance manager stayed until we got everything completed which took less time than I expected. Everything was correct the first time. I opted not to take it home that night but made arrangements to come up that Saturday afternoon to take delivery. Being very fanatical about my cars, I asked that they do a full detail and put it up on a lift so that I could make one final inspection of the underside. The detailing was immaculate and the undercar inspection was fine. Their General Manager, Ray, who is a Corvette enthusiast, went over the details and controls as they were quite different from my previous Corvette. The only item missing from this car was the DVD Disk for the GPS System but they took care of this and ordered an up to date one through General Motors and had it delivered directly to my house. To end this rather lengthy spiel, I have to say that even though this was over 100 miles from my home, it was well worth the drive and time as they are fully committed to their customer?s satisfaction and I would make the drive again should the opportunity arise.

May 21, 2016

Hi Alan. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a great review! We are very glad to hear that your experience was worth the trip to St. Johnsbury! We strive to have excellent customer service and we are glad that showed during your experience here. Please let us know if you need anything in the future :-)

Great Cars and Service!

by from Craftsbury Common, VT |

I have had several Subarus in our long history of living in VT. They have all been trustworthy in winter and very reliable year round. I recently was contacted about trading in my 2 year old CrossTrek. I was perfectly happy with mine and was not considering trading. However, I visited Saint J Subaru while waiting for my car to have work done. Armel was very well informed, friendly, personable and not pushy. I liked several of the new features on the 2016 CrossTreks, like smoother transmission and back-up camera, but I was especially interested in higher efficiency and lower gas consumption. A week later I drove away with a new CrossTrek after a very good trade-in deal. I am very happy with my new car and it seems even quieter and holds the road very well. I will recommend Saint J Subaru and Armel in the future.

May 21, 2016

Hey there! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review! We are so glad you have had such a great experience with Subaru, as well as with our dealership. We strive for great customer satisfaction and are happy Armel could give you that while upgrading you to a new Crosstrek! Feel free to contact us if you need anything in the future. :-)

Just a really nice experience

by from Port Saint Lucie, FL |

Dealership was a pleasure to work with and my daughter could not be happier.

April 23, 2016

We are so glad you and your daughter had a positive experience here - that is what we strive for! Let us know if you need anything else in the future - we are just a phone call away from Florida!

FirstTimeSubaruOwner-buying was easy!

by from St.Johnsbury, VT |

This dealership has great staff and they played NO games with me like some dealerships are known to do! I felt super welcome & comfortable, plus met all our demands for a new car w/a low monthly payment, couldn't have gone smoother!

March 4, 2016

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to leave us this feedback on Cars.com. We really appreciate it. We are glad you felt so comfortable and welcome - we certainly enjoy seeing all of our customers when they come in. If you need anything in the future, please don't hesitate to ask!

Great place to work with!

by from Lyndonville |

Was a little frustrated when we had an appointment to pick the new car up at a certain time and had to wait quite a it longer be use was being washed and cleaned,finally let us see it,( it had come from port) and made decicion to go thru the buying process.After doing all the paperwork wich went about normal time we then had too wait longer because we decided to do a bronze pikg which meant they had to put another coat on top of paint and scotch guard the seats,this was understandable but sale an made us feel this was usually all decided before the purchase! This was never discussed on phone,after being there for 2.5 hrs we were told where our cr was and thank you! Our salesman I the past usually did a walk thru but he said that since it took so long we could come back anytime with questions unfortunately we will not get there as we both work long hours so our children will help us figure out the radio system,def felt a little hurried at the end,although another nice worker caught us as we were getting in the car and asked if we ahead any questions. We have yet to recieve a call about our new car,which usually hPpens I the first few days and I believe it's been almost a month.

February 17, 2016

Hi Terri, Thank You so much for taking the time to leave us some feedback! We greatly appreciate it. We are truly sorry that your experience did not go as smoothly as it normally does. We have spoke to the salesman and we will make sure to use this situation as a training example so we can further improve our customer experience! But please, feel free to swing by when you are in the area. One of our other experienced sales consultants will gladly help you and answer any questions you may have. Thank You!

Third Car from Saint J Subaru

by from Barton, VT |

I last bought a car in 2005, an Outback which had over 196,000 miles on it. I delayed buying another car as I felt the new Outbacks were too large. Like many others, when I stopped in at St. J just to look, I worked with Armel Mends-Cole, and I drove away with a used 2013 Crosstrek. I am very happy with my "new" car.

Love my new vehicle!

by from Lyman NH |

We had gone to Concord New Hampshire and then backtracked to St.Johnbury when we started looking.We met Dan Verge and he was friendly and courteous.He helped us secure the exact car we wanted.Pricing was even better in St.Johnsbury.When we went back to pick up the vehicle when it came in Dan was awesome in working around our work schedule.The financial department was exceptional also.Everyone was very helpful.I would highly recommend Dan Verge and the crew to anyone interested in purchasing a new Subaru.

January 8, 2016

Hi Cindy! Thanks for taking the time to leave us this kind review. We get a lot of great feedback on Dan - he's definitely a valued member of the Saint J Subaru family. If you need anything in the future, please don't hesitate to give us a call!

Recent purchase 2016 Subaru Forester

by from Burlington, VT |

The process went smoothly and efficiently from the moment John Martin contacted me subsequent to my submitting a Costco Auto Program request. John Martin was clear in regards to the price of the vehicle and any discounts offered, communicating with me as new information evolved. He answered my questions quickly and clearly. He greeted us upon our arrival to St. J, then handed us over to Armal Mends-Cole, who processed our purchase efficiently and thoroughly. Armel was friendly, personable, knowledgeable, and very mindful of our time constraints that day. I would recommend him 100%. As part of the Costco Auto Program, I should have presented my Costco card and the printed page emailed to me from Costco upon my arrival at St. J, in order to see the "Member Only Price Sheet". I did not do so and it is my only regret.

Great experience. Clean and very accommodating!ż

by from Wolcott VT |

We love our new subaru. We have never had a new car and I love it. St.J subaru made this possible. Thank you!!żżż