Jim McKay Chevrolet

10460 Lee Highway, Fairfax, VA 22030

False Advertising

by from Woodbridge, Virginia |

I went there for the second chance program which was a joke. None of the sales people act like they knew what I was talking about. I was approved over the phone and told I could purchase a vehicle up to $18,000 so I went in. It was a joke. The salesman was rude. My income wasn't a problem I would not recommend this place to anyone stay away!!!!

The worst Dealership in Va !!!!

by from Fairfax va |

They lie about everything they tell you . Total disregard for your time , the callers call you 5 times a day until the convince you to waste your time making the trip . They install Kill switches on the vehicles, so the have totally control over your vehicle at all times and can kill the power to your vehicle by the touch of a button !!. Once you get there they tell you you need 3k and then they can work a deal . Every person there are con artist . The women that call you will tell you they dont check credit but the do once you get there . Their job is to tell you whatever it takes to get you to show up , the salesman exact words , the women get paid to trick people into coming in thats not his problem . Very unprofessional !!!. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME GO GO ANYWHERE ELSE BUT HER .

Yes, a JOKE... either the dealership or Cars.com

by from Rockville MD |

I filled out an application online. Within 1 hour Amanda from Jim McKay called. She informed me I had been approved. I asked her at least 2 times, did you review my credit. I then asked if she would call me back around 3:30pm to confirm I'd be able to make it to the dealership. Upon hanging up, I received a call from Cars.com telling me I had been approved and the closest dealership to me was Jim McKay. I informed the person from Cars.com that Jim McKay's had already called. She said she would note that in the record. Anyway, Amanda did call back at 3:30pm and we set an appointment for that evening at 6:30.. she put it for 7... From Rockville MD to Fairfax VA during DC rush hour is the WORST. Again, I asked if she reviewed my credit. I went on to tell her, I was not coming down there to not leave with a car. And she would know this, if she had reviewed my credit report. She again, said I was approve and to ask for Alex when you arrive. Little did I know, she tells everyone to speak with Alex, and the first shark at the door pulls you over. Anyway, I went off topic. She says "ask to speak with Alex, and you will leave with a car... with no down". IT WAS A LIE. When I arrived, I was informed I had no beacon score... (I do.. however, it's low, as I have no established credit). Had Amanda looked at the credit score (which ScoreSense averages between the 3 bureaus) she would have been better equipped to answer my one and only question.... Did you look my credit. And I would not have had to RENT a car, in order to get down to Fairfax, VA. Over the phone i WAS told that I have been approved for a car, and can leave with the car if I were to bring 2 pay stubs, drivers license (so I can test drive the car) and proof of residency. What a freaking joke. I, like the writer before me wouldn't refer anyone to this place. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME!!!

curious buyer

by from Easton md |

I received a call from Shauna saying I was approved for a loan for 15,000. But my income has to be 2000.00 a month. My credit is horrible and she said I need no money down. Im going to see about this in a couple of days. Im afraid to get let down because this will be a long ride

what a joke....

by from laurel, md |

Over the phone you get told that your approved for a certain amout and when you come in you need tins of proof inorder to be approved by the bank...... What a freaking joke, I wouldn't refer anyone to this place don't waste your time.

Great service and great team work

by from fairfax VA |

great to work with, Jonathan my sale rep was straight with me no BS, tyold them what I wanted they showed me what they had, and we made the deal Tuiesday and I picked up the truck Wednesday. Only thing was they did not clean the truck very well. Someone used tire spary on the floor mats

Sooooooo happy!!!

by from washington dc |

I have the absolute worst credit and they worked with me and I drove my new car home the same day with very little money down. Lucious was the best salesman I could ever ask for. I have already referred 2 of my friends.

Fun dealership

by from Annandale, VA |

I was looking for a car with decent gas mileage through the internet. They asked the right questions and found the right car for me. It was a great experience and very simple, everyone there was very courteous and worked with me.

March 22, 2013

I'm glad we could be of assistance. With so many gas friendly vehicles out there today, it can be difficult to find the right one, even if your just looking exclusively at Chevy's, there are many to choose from including electric! Once again I'm glad we could find the right car for you. Thank you so much for your business, hope to see you soon! Regards, Justin

Great experience

by from Centreville, VA |

Very friendly atmosphere overall with friendly and knowledgeable staff. I've had a couple of experiences getting my car repaired in the body shop and getting some maintenance done on my previous cars, always kept me informed and provided solutions to any concerns I've had regarding to loaners vehicles etc. Their staff is what made me look into purchasing a car from them recently and had a great experience with the test drive and being informed of all the costs. Overall I think I got a great deal for a new car and I know exactly who to go to when I need to do some maintenance.

March 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review on our behalf. You have experienced just about every department at Jim McKay Chevrolet, receiving such a positive review from an experienced customer really means a lot to us. Thanks again for your business and we'll see you soon! Regards, Justin Crawford

Business Earned

by from Fair Lakes VA |

I bought a car from carmax but a few days after purchase it started to have a metal on metal sound coming from the brakes. So I went back to carmax and it took them three days to figure out what they thought was wrong. Within a mile of leaving carmax, the sound happened again and I was not about to take it right back to them. I googled a chevy dealership near my home and Jim Mckay popped up so I called and made an appointment. To my surprise , Mike said to roll on in and could start working on it almost immediately. That was a major relief. I couldn't show up that day so I stopped by the next morning with a friend to drop off my car. Mike immediately greeted me and had a technician hop in. After about a minute of paperwork, I left with my friend and 15 minutes later, Mike called and said the technician had identified the problem and said it could be fixed with a half hour!! And to make my day even more, he said he was only going to charge me for actual work done which was a half hour. Mike and the technician did an amazing job. I was notified promptly, I had great service, and it was a more than fair price. What more can anyone want from a dealer? A month later the problem still has not come back and I can say the problem was fixed. I have also had an oil change there since the original fix and that also went flawlessly. I have also convinced my other family members with a chrysler and a honda to come by for the amazing service and they are pleased. Every needs to use Jim Mckay Chevrolet for any service. They have me and my family as a customer for life.

February 26, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear we were able to fix your problem in a timely manner. We are happy to hear that you and your family will be going through our dealership for future services. Thanks again for choosing Jim McKay Chevrolet for your automotive needs.