Keyes European

5400 Van Nuys Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 91401

New 888-831-5063
Used 866-659-3545
Service 888-637-8421

Come visit our state of the art facility.

Great Experience

by from Corona, Ca |

I inquired about a E350 and made an cash offer on the vehicle. Offer was accepted and once I arrived at the dealership I spoke with Jeff (Manager) and Nate (Sales Associate) and drove off the lot with the EXACT price as promised!! Great Dealership, would buy from them again!!

Bad sales experience. Systemic problems at dealer

by from Los Angeles, CA |

My wife and I purchased 2 cars from this place and both were returned in the span of 24 hours. BOTH were returned. I fully recommend this place if you like the feeling of needing to take a shower after having talked to these people... The facts : Sunday 5/18, Car 1 : 2011 c350 : We discovered after we got home that the passenger front door did not lock despite it being cpo inspected. Also, The sales guy gave us the wrong 2nd key as it did not work for that car. Driving away from Keyes, the tire pressure warning came on, which was our first clue... When we took it back the sales guy, in his INFINITE technical car wisdom, explained that this happens when the temperature changes. Apparently, there must have been a major shift in temp from the test drive 2 hours before... Seriously ? SRSLY ? LOL That night I tried the 2nd key. The remote nor the physical emergency key worked... wrong key for the car. Would a more competent staff have checked before confidently stating "Here is your 2nd Key" ? I also discovered that the passenger front door lock failed to lock. Whatever my car buying skills, you MUST also ask How Did That Pass CPO Inspection ??? Monday 5/19, Car 2: Returned car1 Monday morning to get issues fixed. Decided to leave car with service but, after some thought, we decided to exercise the cancellation option. VP of sales parachuted in and saved the deal by offering a 2012 c250 that we test drove for 28k after haggling on price after having found a comparable on my iPad ( right as were were talking price ) at another dealer as leverage. Now read this next part carefully : ***We were about to take delivery of Car2 when we discovered the prep team damaged the hood by taking clear coat off a big spot on the hood and leaving swirl marks in the paint around the car. *** Wouldn't a competent dealer not damage their cars ? (if the dealership says it was already there, then how did THAT pass the all encompassing CPO inspection process they continually use as the answer to any questions about the car ? Makes you wonder, huh ? ) At this point we were utterly disgusted, done and left with the strong inclination that we needed that shower.... HERE'S THE THING : All throughout the ordeal every person we spoke to from sales guy to top mgr had the "it's ok, we can fix it" attitude NOT REALIZING THIS IS A POOR STANDARD FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE and that all of the "fix it" issues add up to a bad experience for the customer. ** A TRUE CUSTOMER FOCUSED OPERATION WOULD REALIZE THERE SHOULD NOT BE ISSUES TO FIX (and casually disregard with "we'll just fix it") Or, at least not disregard EVERY SINGLE 1 WITH A "well just fix it" answer ** I HAPPILY paid the rip off $500 restock fee (was only $250 at the dealer we ended up buying from) just to get the Heck out of there, at that point. BTW, Keyes inflates prices for back end items like extended warranty, restock fee, etc.... Found this out when the dealer we did buy from gave us their prices for the exact same items. There is a standard of customer service that nobody at Keyes European even knows exists... I would give them a dollar so they could buy a clue but I doubt they could manage the transaction without messing that one up too. I got nothing but lies and "don't worry about it" from the "slick" sales guy , Reza, and nothing but apathy and incompetence from everyone else except Stan the vp who tried to save the deal. He was ok. I honestly don't comprehend how they can run a business like that. We ended up buying from another dealer who gave an experience diametrically opposed to that of Keyes European. The good dealer offered to show me the CPO inspection report, they disclosed and answered every 1 of my questions with the actual data and not "You don't have to worry about this car, It's certified!". They had 2 chances and blew both.

Simply the best!

by from Sherman Oaks, Ca |

I went in looing for a new CLA and had been in contact with the Internet Manager Gabriel. He greated me at the door, thanked me for my business and quickly offered me a complimentary paistry or coffee/water. He then went over everything I was looking for in the vehicle and showed me the exact vehicle that would match my needs. After I test drove the car he asked me more questions to ensure this was the vehicle for me. Not once did he rush me into numbers but actually took the time to ensure I was making the right choice. To my surprise the C-Class was actually more appealing to me. Gabriel went through the features and benefits of the C-Class and I ended up getting that car instead. He was very polite and honest, there was no back and forth on numbers and for that I am most happy. I will only buy cars from Keyes European as long as Gabriel is there to sell them to me.

Terrible advertising!

by from Miami, FL |

If you advertise on Cars.com and other web pages you would figure that it is intended for buyers that may be within or outside their market. The only reason I gave 2 stars to customer service is because Mario the sale assistant that called me was very friendly. He mentioned he would try to get a certain price with a sales manager and return the call. I got a call from a sales rep, after spending some time looking at the pictures and details of the car I was told they do not sell outside of their local market. It would help if they would disclose this in their advertising so that people don't waste their time calling and leaving messages, sending emails etc.

August 11, 2013

Hello Eddie, Sorry for the confusion but it is a Mercedes-Benz Corporate policy that the dealership is unable to sell a car to customers outside of their local market. If you are on a third-party site like cars.com, there is a tab where you would put in your ZIP CODE and that is a tool that helps the buyer locate the dealership closes to them. Mario did the right thing for disclosing the information to you. Kim

Biggest Cheaters

by from Los Angeles, CA |

Biggest cheaters on earth, from manger to sales man every one. Worst customer service, very rude manager and sales mans,I bought the 2012 GLK, I selected the car with premium package, but I wanted a car in different color, they showed me a different car with the color I want, stating that the car comes with premium package and has all the same features, but after buying it, I noticed that it was missing almost 10 of the original car's features. It would be better to buy a car off the road than buy from these people. These people are untrustworthy and if you do buy from them they will definitely cheat you somehow. Once you have bought a car from them they will treat you horribly. They first cheat you and then curse you. Never buy a car from these disgusting people unless you want countless nights without peaceful sleep. They never let me test drive the car that I actually bought, and repeatedly assured me that the car had the same features as the first car that I had wanted. The only difference, was the car's color. Also, when I tried to resolve the matter with the manager on duty, he snatched the paper from my wife's hand, threw it into the trash, and began to yell at us with VERY bad language. Afterwards, we attempted to resolve the matter, and even your legal department sent us a letter saying that we may return the car, but once we got there they refused to honor the letter. If anyone wishes to see the letter from their legal department, I can post that up for them as well.

July 31, 2013

Hello Kris, I apologize for your unpleasant experience while visiting our dealership. May I ask who was the sales consultant/ manager who assisted you? Our dealership strives on excellence and our goal is to ensure that our customer drives away in the car of their dream. It is odd that you were unable to get the vehicle of your choice or test-drive. I would like to get the opportunity to earn you back as a raving customer. Please email me directly at kpham@keyesmercedes.com. Thank you! - Kim

Dishonest Dealership

by from Orange County |

Unprofessional! . Dennis Murray, the sales manager had ZERO customer service experience and his sales associate ISLAM GAD evidently does not know anything about his business. We called Islam to discuss the purchase of a car. We provided him with everything he requested and he told us we were approved and to come to finalize the paperwork and pick up the car. We specifically told him that we were very busy and did not have time to waste, and asked if he was sure all the paperwork went through especially that we had to drive quite a ways to get there. He assured us that the financing and paperwork were ready for our signature. We even called him the morning we were driving to pick up the car and he said that he was waiting. We ended up driving from orange County to Van Nuys, two hours in traffic. When we arrived, the receptionist told us that Islam was at lunch and that the manager,Dennis Murray, would assist us. This was the most unprofessional man I have ever met. Without any apologies or explaining what occurred, he told us that our approval is not valid because this particular dealer does not accept capital one approvals. This was shocking, so if you don't accept approvals from that lender then why did you sales associate, Islam put the approval through them? To that question he had no answer and sat there smug not able to offer any explanation. He then offered a bank approval from a different lender with a much higher rate (16.99%from the initial 8.79%), and to that I told him that over the life of the purchase it was an increase of $14,000 and then had the nerve to tell me that there was also an additional $1,900 bank fee that e mst add to the sales price. So the sales manager failed to apologize, offer a solution or alternative to their mistake and was not even educated enough to explain what happened. I even asked for his manager but like a coward he would not provide me with the information and then he was rude and upset. Don't use them, they are inexperienced and have no respect for people's time. No one had the decency or professionalism to call us and Let us know that a mistake was made and please do not drive all the way here until we fix it.

You lost me as a customer...

by from North Hollywood, CA |

The only reason I gave this dealership above "Very Bad" is because of the great service I received from Patrick my sales rep and Jeromy the Sales Manager. In January my family and I purchased four Mercedes Benz from Keyes within a two week time period. Again, Patrick and Jeromy were awesome! I did a lot of research before purchasing our vehicles. I found that the deals were pretty much the same all over. I chose Keyes because of the geographic location so we would have easy access to the complimentary car washes. This to me was a major selling feature and decision maker of where to buy my vehicles. This went great for about three weeks when suddenly the program was discontinued. I went in one day to get my cars washed and was told that the program had been discontinued. Not even the sales staff was aware of this. I was told that it was decided to discontinue the program by Simon Sarriedine the General Manager. I wrote him a total of three emails asking him to reconsider his decision and never even got one response. I had to go to the dealership on another matter and decided to stop by his office. I must say that I have seldom met or experienced an individual more arrogant and condescending than Simon. He really gave me the feeling that he could not be bothered. He told me that he had had some customer service issues with the car wash program and therefore decided to discontinue it. I was disappointed that he rather discontinue the program than deal with his customer service issues. When I expressed that he said to me very condescendingly , "Look if it makes you happy, then come see me every couple of weeks and I'll get your car washed". He obviously does not get the point... I don't want to come and "beg" for a handout to get my car washed, I want what was promised to me when I made the decision to purchase $200k worth the vehicles from them. Well Mr. Sarriedine you have just lost a customer that in about two years will be ready to trade in four pre-owned vehicles for new ones. Perhaps your competition at Mercedes Benz of Encino will appreciate my business more. You are fortunate you have staff such as Jeromy and formerly Patrick that do not follow the example of their leader when it comes to dealing with customers.-- Michael "Andreas Thompson

BUYER BEWARE!!! HORRIBLE EXPEREINCE WITH KEYES!

by from Van Nuys, CA |

Had my grandparents in from out of town, had received many calls prior saying they could do the same deal on my car (previously bought from then) 2012 a 2013 model for the same monthly payment (6 phone calls over 3 months) only to my disappointment to find out 3 hours later in the dealership that they wanted to increase my payment by $200 per month. Never would've gone if what was said wasn't true. BUYER BEWARE! GET IT IN WRITING BEFORE WASTING YOUR TIME!. Dealt with Gary C. Never was looking to actually make a deal, but again the salesman called me 3 different times telling me he could get me in a new car for the same amount I was paying with 0 down only for me to find out that when I got there that it was going to be $200 per month higher. Keyes sold me the car I'm in now (2012 C250 coupe) and they told me when I originally bought it that I could trade it in early with no hassle. My relatives were with me and also witnessed them promise this. The bottom line is that this dealership will say anything to close a deal and say anything just to get you in the front door. BE CAREFUL AND SHOP AROUND!

Poor dealership, Great car

by from Montgomery, AL |

I tried to purchase an e350 from this dealership last Christmas. Would not honor price, said i was too late already sold, then later posted the car with a much higher price, three weeks later back at lower price. Just jerking people around. Customer service was a joke. I did purchase the car one month later online from another dealer. So beware this company indorses bait and switch practices.

Excellent Experience

by from woodland hills, ca |

Keyes European is probably one of the Best dealerships, if not The Best automobile dealership I've ever had the pleasure of doing business with. Everyone from their sales representatives to their finance people, especially an individual I've had the pleasure of working with when applying the finishing details of my lease. Ms. Diana Audish is not only extremely professional, but also very courteous we well as knowledable of every aspect of lease and purchase options and arrangements. Needless to say, I am a very happy owner of a new Mercedes and will always continue to recommend this dealership to all my friends and associates.

Not recommended,,,Incompetent personnel

by from Los Angeles, CA |

Attempted to inquire via internet, but did not receive contact until 2 days later. When contact was received it was not relevant to the car that I was searching for. Visited the dealer over the weekend and met with a salesperson that was able to get us a test drive a comparable vehicle. When asking for the specific vehicle that we were interested in he stated he would have to check his inventory, but wanted us to start filling a credit application (this is nonsense). After 30-minutes of waiting he brought a "manager" back who was not pleasant. This guy made comments on he had a similar vehicle that we were looking for but sold it earlier in the morning and that he would need to send someone to the storage to check if there are any similar vehicles (what is the inventory system for?). After a long while we asked them to contact us when they receive information on the status of the vehicle, to which they agreed. We received calls for the next couple days asking if we were still interested as they were still searching for the car. We ended up locating and purchasing the vehicle somewhere else. We received a call afterwards stating that the last car with our options was sold and that they would be receiving a similar car the next week, to which we declined. After all of this we finally received a contact from the Internet Sales "manager" requesting information on purchasing the vehicle. After explaining to him that we were not interested he made derogatory comments regarding the sales people at the dealership and that we should only deal with him because he is a "manager". At this point I decided to no longer do business with this dealership again.

July 26, 2012

Hi There, I would love to assist you further. May I ask who you were working with and the managers name? I hope to earn your business back as well as see what we can do to help. We have over 600 vehicles in our showroom with knowlegable consultants to help. - Kim -Kim