Keyes European

5400 Van Nuys Blvd, Van Nuys, CA 91401

Simply the best!

by from Sherman Oaks, Ca |

I went in looing for a new CLA and had been in contact with the Internet Manager Gabriel. He greated me at the door, thanked me for my business and quickly offered me a complimentary paistry or coffee/water. He then went over everything I was looking for in the vehicle and showed me the exact vehicle that would match my needs. After I test drove the car he asked me more questions to ensure this was the vehicle for me. Not once did he rush me into numbers but actually took the time to ensure I was making the right choice. To my surprise the C-Class was actually more appealing to me. Gabriel went through the features and benefits of the C-Class and I ended up getting that car instead. He was very polite and honest, there was no back and forth on numbers and for that I am most happy. I will only buy cars from Keyes European as long as Gabriel is there to sell them to me.

Treated me like a "stupid" woman and all talk no a

by from Los Angeles, CA |

My experience here was not pleasant. I went there looking for a 2014 SLK 250 they had advertised. I test drove it and then when trying to negotiate terms with "Johnny", they were trying to seriously low balling me on my trade in value of a 2014 CLA in excellent condition with every option you can have on it and lower than average mileage. I showed them the KBB I printed out for my car, and they still wanted to give me about $5000 less than the trade in value per KBB. Then the "manager Elan" came over and try to be slick with me and I wasnt having it. I was not going to make a rash decision. He also was trying to get me to commit to a 2016 SLK which was about $20K more. The manager "Elan" said how about I email you in the morning stats on buying and leasing both the 2014 and 2016 SLK. I agreed to that and told him, I get a good deal here, then you will have my future business in car(s) buying. Well the next morning came, no email. I emailed the manager "Elan" to remind him of his promise and to make sure he had my correct email address.....no response. I waited 2 more days and nothing. So I went to another Mercedes dealership and got treated like a queen and an awesome deal. Then the day after I bought my new car, a E350 Cabriolet, this dealership salesperson "Johnny" texted me saying the manager "Elan" was working on emailing me everything about a GLE450. What???? I texted back and said I was no longer interested in dealing with this dealership, I never was interested in a GLE450, and the manager "Elan" ignored my emails and never followed through on his promises. I got a nasty text back saying that I, that day, requested information on the GLE 450. I told them I did not email you that day, I never asked about that model, and I had already been to another dealership and was treated awesome and bought a new car the day before. You obviously have my information mixed up with someone else's. OF course no text returned after that. Really? So you can try to follow up with what you promised me, with another customer? So I wasn't important enough and my money wasn't green enough for you all. I will never deal with this dealership again, and never recommend anyone to them. I buy Mercedes every 2-3 years and stay loyal to the dealership, they missed out on a lot of present and future business because they kept no promises to me and blew me off.

January 22, 2016

Lisa, Thank you for the review and I want to deeply apologize for the way you experience car shopping here at Keyes European. We spend a lot of time and effort in making the best of every Mercedes-Benz driver so that you are completely satisfied. If I could do anything to help please let me know. Bernard Durazo Marketing Director Keyes European T: 818-461-3855

MY CAR BUY EXPERIENCE

by from SACRAMENTO CALIF |

I ROAD DOWN FROM ELK GROVE...TO BUY A CAR NAVID AN THE FINACE DEPARTMENT WERE OUTSTANDING...I PURCHASED A 2012 S500 MERCEDES AN IM TRULY SATISFIED AN HAD TOTAL ALL MY FRIENDS WHO ARE LOOKING TO PURCHASE A NEW BENZ..I HAD TO GO BACK WITHIN 6 MONTHS TO GET SOME PAINT WORK DONE..AN I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO IT..IM HAPPY

Bad sales experience. Systemic problems at dealer

by from Los Angeles, CA |

My wife and I purchased 2 cars from this place and both were returned in the span of 24 hours. BOTH were returned. I fully recommend this place if you like the feeling of needing to take a shower after having talked to these people... The facts : Sunday 5/18, Car 1 : 2011 c350 : We discovered after we got home that the passenger front door did not lock despite it being cpo inspected. Also, The sales guy gave us the wrong 2nd key as it did not work for that car. Driving away from Keyes, the tire pressure warning came on, which was our first clue... When we took it back the sales guy, in his INFINITE technical car wisdom, explained that this happens when the temperature changes. Apparently, there must have been a major shift in temp from the test drive 2 hours before... Seriously ? SRSLY ? LOL That night I tried the 2nd key. The remote nor the physical emergency key worked... wrong key for the car. Would a more competent staff have checked before confidently stating "Here is your 2nd Key" ? I also discovered that the passenger front door lock failed to lock. Whatever my car buying skills, you MUST also ask How Did That Pass CPO Inspection ??? Monday 5/19, Car 2: Returned car1 Monday morning to get issues fixed. Decided to leave car with service but, after some thought, we decided to exercise the cancellation option. VP of sales parachuted in and saved the deal by offering a 2012 c250 that we test drove for 28k after haggling on price after having found a comparable on my iPad ( right as were were talking price ) at another dealer as leverage. Now read this next part carefully : ***We were about to take delivery of Car2 when we discovered the prep team damaged the hood by taking clear coat off a big spot on the hood and leaving swirl marks in the paint around the car. *** Wouldn't a competent dealer not damage their cars ? (if the dealership says it was already there, then how did THAT pass the all encompassing CPO inspection process they continually use as the answer to any questions about the car ? Makes you wonder, huh ? ) At this point we were utterly disgusted, done and left with the strong inclination that we needed that shower.... HERE'S THE THING : All throughout the ordeal every person we spoke to from sales guy to top mgr had the "it's ok, we can fix it" attitude NOT REALIZING THIS IS A POOR STANDARD FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE and that all of the "fix it" issues add up to a bad experience for the customer. ** A TRUE CUSTOMER FOCUSED OPERATION WOULD REALIZE THERE SHOULD NOT BE ISSUES TO FIX (and casually disregard with "we'll just fix it") Or, at least not disregard EVERY SINGLE 1 WITH A "well just fix it" answer ** I HAPPILY paid the rip off $500 restock fee (was only $250 at the dealer we ended up buying from) just to get the Heck out of there, at that point. BTW, Keyes inflates prices for back end items like extended warranty, restock fee, etc.... Found this out when the dealer we did buy from gave us their prices for the exact same items. There is a standard of customer service that nobody at Keyes European even knows exists... I would give them a dollar so they could buy a clue but I doubt they could manage the transaction without messing that one up too. I got nothing but lies and "don't worry about it" from the "slick" sales guy , Reza, and nothing but apathy and incompetence from everyone else except Stan the vp who tried to save the deal. He was ok. I honestly don't comprehend how they can run a business like that. We ended up buying from another dealer who gave an experience diametrically opposed to that of Keyes European. The good dealer offered to show me the CPO inspection report, they disclosed and answered every 1 of my questions with the actual data and not "You don't have to worry about this car, It's certified!". They had 2 chances and blew both.

Terrible advertising!

by from Miami, FL |

If you advertise on Cars.com and other web pages you would figure that it is intended for buyers that may be within or outside their market. The only reason I gave 2 stars to customer service is because Mario the sale assistant that called me was very friendly. He mentioned he would try to get a certain price with a sales manager and return the call. I got a call from a sales rep, after spending some time looking at the pictures and details of the car I was told they do not sell outside of their local market. It would help if they would disclose this in their advertising so that people don't waste their time calling and leaving messages, sending emails etc.

August 11, 2013

Hello Eddie, Sorry for the confusion but it is a Mercedes-Benz Corporate policy that the dealership is unable to sell a car to customers outside of their local market. If you are on a third-party site like cars.com, there is a tab where you would put in your ZIP CODE and that is a tool that helps the buyer locate the dealership closes to them. Mario did the right thing for disclosing the information to you. Kim

Biggest Cheaters

by from Los Angeles, CA |

Biggest cheaters on earth, from manger to sales man every one. Worst customer service, very rude manager and sales mans,I bought the 2012 GLK, I selected the car with premium package, but I wanted a car in different color, they showed me a different car with the color I want, stating that the car comes with premium package and has all the same features, but after buying it, I noticed that it was missing almost 10 of the original car's features. It would be better to buy a car off the road than buy from these people. These people are untrustworthy and if you do buy from them they will definitely cheat you somehow. Once you have bought a car from them they will treat you horribly. They first cheat you and then curse you. Never buy a car from these disgusting people unless you want countless nights without peaceful sleep. They never let me test drive the car that I actually bought, and repeatedly assured me that the car had the same features as the first car that I had wanted. The only difference, was the car's color. Also, when I tried to resolve the matter with the manager on duty, he snatched the paper from my wife's hand, threw it into the trash, and began to yell at us with VERY bad language. Afterwards, we attempted to resolve the matter, and even your legal department sent us a letter saying that we may return the car, but once we got there they refused to honor the letter. If anyone wishes to see the letter from their legal department, I can post that up for them as well.

July 31, 2013

Hello Kris, I apologize for your unpleasant experience while visiting our dealership. May I ask who was the sales consultant/ manager who assisted you? Our dealership strives on excellence and our goal is to ensure that our customer drives away in the car of their dream. It is odd that you were unable to get the vehicle of your choice or test-drive. I would like to get the opportunity to earn you back as a raving customer. Please email me directly at kpham@keyesmercedes.com. Thank you! - Kim

Dishonest Dealership

by from Orange County |

Unprofessional! . Dennis Murray, the sales manager had ZERO customer service experience and his sales associate ISLAM GAD evidently does not know anything about his business. We called Islam to discuss the purchase of a car. We provided him with everything he requested and he told us we were approved and to come to finalize the paperwork and pick up the car. We specifically told him that we were very busy and did not have time to waste, and asked if he was sure all the paperwork went through especially that we had to drive quite a ways to get there. He assured us that the financing and paperwork were ready for our signature. We even called him the morning we were driving to pick up the car and he said that he was waiting. We ended up driving from orange County to Van Nuys, two hours in traffic. When we arrived, the receptionist told us that Islam was at lunch and that the manager,Dennis Murray, would assist us. This was the most unprofessional man I have ever met. Without any apologies or explaining what occurred, he told us that our approval is not valid because this particular dealer does not accept capital one approvals. This was shocking, so if you don't accept approvals from that lender then why did you sales associate, Islam put the approval through them? To that question he had no answer and sat there smug not able to offer any explanation. He then offered a bank approval from a different lender with a much higher rate (16.99%from the initial 8.79%), and to that I told him that over the life of the purchase it was an increase of $14,000 and then had the nerve to tell me that there was also an additional $1,900 bank fee that e mst add to the sales price. So the sales manager failed to apologize, offer a solution or alternative to their mistake and was not even educated enough to explain what happened. I even asked for his manager but like a coward he would not provide me with the information and then he was rude and upset. Don't use them, they are inexperienced and have no respect for people's time. No one had the decency or professionalism to call us and Let us know that a mistake was made and please do not drive all the way here until we fix it.

You lost me as a customer...

by from North Hollywood, CA |

The only reason I gave this dealership above "Very Bad" is because of the great service I received from Patrick my sales rep and Jeromy the Sales Manager. In January my family and I purchased four Mercedes Benz from Keyes within a two week time period. Again, Patrick and Jeromy were awesome! I did a lot of research before purchasing our vehicles. I found that the deals were pretty much the same all over. I chose Keyes because of the geographic location so we would have easy access to the complimentary car washes. This to me was a major selling feature and decision maker of where to buy my vehicles. This went great for about three weeks when suddenly the program was discontinued. I went in one day to get my cars washed and was told that the program had been discontinued. Not even the sales staff was aware of this. I was told that it was decided to discontinue the program by Simon Sarriedine the General Manager. I wrote him a total of three emails asking him to reconsider his decision and never even got one response. I had to go to the dealership on another matter and decided to stop by his office. I must say that I have seldom met or experienced an individual more arrogant and condescending than Simon. He really gave me the feeling that he could not be bothered. He told me that he had had some customer service issues with the car wash program and therefore decided to discontinue it. I was disappointed that he rather discontinue the program than deal with his customer service issues. When I expressed that he said to me very condescendingly , "Look if it makes you happy, then come see me every couple of weeks and I'll get your car washed". He obviously does not get the point... I don't want to come and "beg" for a handout to get my car washed, I want what was promised to me when I made the decision to purchase $200k worth the vehicles from them. Well Mr. Sarriedine you have just lost a customer that in about two years will be ready to trade in four pre-owned vehicles for new ones. Perhaps your competition at Mercedes Benz of Encino will appreciate my business more. You are fortunate you have staff such as Jeromy and formerly Patrick that do not follow the example of their leader when it comes to dealing with customers.-- Michael "Andreas Thompson

Great Experience

by from Corona, Ca |

I inquired about a E350 and made an cash offer on the vehicle. Offer was accepted and once I arrived at the dealership I spoke with Jeff (Manager) and Nate (Sales Associate) and drove off the lot with the EXACT price as promised!! Great Dealership, would buy from them again!!

BUYER BEWARE!!! HORRIBLE EXPEREINCE WITH KEYES!

by from Van Nuys, CA |

Had my grandparents in from out of town, had received many calls prior saying they could do the same deal on my car (previously bought from then) 2012 a 2013 model for the same monthly payment (6 phone calls over 3 months) only to my disappointment to find out 3 hours later in the dealership that they wanted to increase my payment by $200 per month. Never would've gone if what was said wasn't true. BUYER BEWARE! GET IT IN WRITING BEFORE WASTING YOUR TIME!. Dealt with Gary C. Never was looking to actually make a deal, but again the salesman called me 3 different times telling me he could get me in a new car for the same amount I was paying with 0 down only for me to find out that when I got there that it was going to be $200 per month higher. Keyes sold me the car I'm in now (2012 C250 coupe) and they told me when I originally bought it that I could trade it in early with no hassle. My relatives were with me and also witnessed them promise this. The bottom line is that this dealership will say anything to close a deal and say anything just to get you in the front door. BE CAREFUL AND SHOP AROUND!