Ames Ford Lincoln

New 877-731-5938
Used 877-882-2399
Service 877-468-3618

Buy Happy

Great Service, before and after sale

by from Ames, IA |

My wife and I recently purchased a used car from Ames Ford. We worked with Scott and he was excellent, no pressure whatsoever, let us take as many drives as we needed to feel comfortable. The price of the car on the lot was extremely competitive compared to Blue Book, the no haggle pricing was just that. The sale went smoothly, everyone was very friendly and accommodating. They told me about the 7 days in which I could return the vehicle for any reason, and the 30 days that I could trade it for another car on the lot, a great option and gave me great peace of mind. Two days after the sale a warning light came on, they looked at it and repaired it at no cost. A month later, shortly after the 30 day trade period, I noticed the A/C blowing warm. Again they took it in, gave me a new loaner vehicle to use, and fixed the problem at no charge. The customer service was and is excellent, and not just when they were trying to make the sale. Will definitely return when it's time to buy a new car. Thank you Scott and all the people at Ames Ford.

Good luck, hope it works out better for you.

by from Ames, IA |

I would not go here, I will be spending the extra money in fuel to go to another dealer. Had very bad experience with the service when it was Willey's and swore never to return. An old friend started working there and said new ownership is changing things. Gave it a new look but must have kept the same old service department. Stopped to look at a Aspen on a Tuesday and told them I would be back on Friday with the significant other, understood that it could sell in the mean time. Show up Friday and it was gone, so I thought it sold. Salesman said no it did not sell but went out as a loaner for a family that needed the space, since theirs was in for service. They probably couldn't be with out their vehicle for over a week like I have experienced with the service department. Rule one in the car business never loan out inventory. They should have just made that a loaner vehicle instead of using inventory. Oh well, drove to Minnesota and bought one that weekend. Lost a sale over loaning one off of inventory. Service department is lacking in knowledge, experience, organization and communication in my opinion. I don't usually post reviews because everyone has there opinions, but when it is this bad. I want people to at least know what could happen to them. Wish there could be a zero star rating. Very disappointed and not a good customer experience. Best of luck to those who try and I hope they have a much more positive and pleasant experience than I have.

Ames Ford Lincoln responded to this review

May 15, 2014

We're sorry that this was your experience at our dealership. We pride ourselves on providing a relaxing and pleasant customer experience and are disappointed when we don't deliver on that. We do have a large fleet of service loaner vehicles as our service department has rapidly grown and we make one available to every service customer as a convenience. There are rare occasions where one of our pre-owned vehicles is used for a customer to drive when all loaners are in use. This must have been the case in this instance, and for that we sincerely apologize. We hope the vehicle you purchased is serving you well. Thank you.

Thanks so much!

by from Des Moines, IA |

Had a great experience getting my brand new car - well to me. 2013 was a huge step from having a 15 year old Taurus to the new one. But after the help Peter and Hans did, they got me my dream car and I so appreciate their help throughout the whole experience. I love my new car and would go back to get another car from them. Thanks!

Exc online service.

by from Urbandale, iowa |

Excellent online response and feedback. Saved me a trip up to Ames when vehicle i was interested in was sold before i could get up there.

Amazing Experience

by from Des Moines, IA |

It's really hard to find a business that truly cares about your needs but Ames Ford was amazing. I worked with Bill and Jared and they went above and beyond my expectations. They got my wife into a 2013 Focus and myself into 2010 Fusion and we absolutely love them. Jared handled all of the financing and even with far from perfect credit he made our payments affordable and fair. He truly cares about his customers and stayed after closing time just to make sure we were satisfied. You could really tell that customer satisfaction was his number one priority and he wouldn't stop until I walked out of the dealership with a perfect car. Our salesman Bill was very nice and patient and helped make our transition into our new vehicles very simple. Their prices are beyond fair and lower than Blue Book value in most cases. The owner was there on the Saturday we went and introduced himself which was very impressive as well. I have been to many dealerships and this one is easily my favorite and I will recommend anyone looking for a vehicle to go here, even if you're from Des Moines it is worth the extra drive to Ames to find people who really care about your family and it's needs. When it comes down to purchasing again my 1st place to check will be Ames Ford. Thank you guys for a great experience and working with us and making us feel important.

Great experience.

by from Ames, is |

My wife and I both purchased vehicles form Ames ford Lincoln. Outstanding experience! Would recommend to anyone looking to purchase new or used. After we purchased my wife's marano, the salesman helped us find my truck. The truck was brought down from another rydell dealership in Minneapolis. This was above and beyond my expectations. Great working with these guys. Thanks Scott and Jared.