Serra Independence

(4.0) 4 Reviews

1476 Montgomery Hwy S, Vestavia Hills, AL 35216

Serra Independence is the best!!!! GREAT SERVICE!

by from Homewood, AL |

I came to get my 04 Mercedes serviced and during that time a salesman showed me around the dealership and also showed me my dream car, a 2010 E 350. I didn't want to buy it at first, but when the salesman showed me the vehicle, let me drive it, and told how much the payment was with everything included I couldn't help but to buy it. The salesman up there are very customer friendly and I am going to refer all of friends to come and get a good deal at Serra Automotive in Vestavia.

Great company!

by from Birmingham, AL |

Serra Independence is a GREAT company! They were VERY helpful and informative on my questions for my BMW. The customer service was outstanding. James (our salesman) went above and beyond to meet our needs with our car. He truly is one of the nicest people we have ever met. Thank you James for getting us in the car of our dreams :-)

Horrible experience. Would NEVER buy from them

by from new york |

Purchased a Mustang from them. David agreed on price. I offered to pay multiple times but he delayed it due holidays. Tells me he accepted my offer, and the car is moved to the back. He then turns around and sells it for a higher price while refusing my payment. Never even asnwered my calls or let me know the car was sold. This is exactly why used car dealerships have horrible reviews. I have all emails to prove the closed transactions.

Serra Independence responded to this review

December 31, 2013

Mr. Steve has the facts about this matter mixed up. I'm sorry we were not able to reach an agreement. He lives in New York, we are a dealer in Alabama. It is a requirement while doing long distance deals that we receive payment, or a deposit. The deposit or payment is always 100% refundable if the vehicle is damaged, or not the vehicle he or she wants. He was not willing to do either. He wanted me to send the vehicle up to New York and inspect himself. He said he would mail a check after the vehicle was in his possession for one week for inspection. I told him we could not do this. When I told him that the car is now considered for sale to anyone, he became very angry. We sold the same vehicle to someone else for less money. I try very hard to make all of my customers happy! When I asked him why he could not at least a deposit, he said that he just switched bank accounts and didn't have any checks. I told him he could send a certified check or even money order. he refused to even do this! the car was sold the next day.

great experience

by from birmingham,al |

David and his staff really took great care of us! There was no hassle, we called about a specific car, they said they had it, and when we got there, it was there. There were no games of "oh we just sold it", or "someone is driving it right now". They were very professional, you could tell that they had been selling cars a long time and knew what they were doing! ( what a good car salesman should be) I will be going back next time we buy a car, and will tell everyone that I know about the great experience! Thank you Serra Independence Automotive! -the moulton family