Peak Auto Brokers

(2.9) 7 Reviews

729 E Fillmore St, Colorado Springs, CO 80907

Shocked at their selling tactics

by from Colorado Springs, CO |

Worst experience ever! I was helping a friend look for a new vehicle since I am a car buff. I found a decent car at Peak Auto Brokers. I read online that since they are a small business, you have to call to set up an appointment and test drive. That is usual for car dealers, but I understood since they are a small business, and the car seemed like a good deal. Immediately upon entering the dealership with my friend for our appointment, I started talking with the gentleman about the car. After a few questions, I said that my friend was buying the car, and I was just there to help since I know more about cars. The car dealer immediately said he would rather just deal with one person and started taking to my friend only. I was put off by this, but kept asking questions because I felt I needed to help my friend and there still was questions to ask. I asked for a Carfax, and was told that they do no do Carfax because they don't trust them, and they use another company but don't trust them as well. I asked several times about our test drive, and the dealer kept saying, "well, I want to make sure this is the car you are going to buy before we set up a test drive" I should have immediately saw that as a red flag and left. Again, the car seemed nice and I still had hope that my friend would possibly buy it. The dealer brought up financing, and my friend said that he was paying in cash, so financing was not necessary. The dealer seemed really put off by that as well. We went outside to look at the car again. The dealer came out and showed us a few things on the car and talked about some of the highlights. We mentioned a test drive again, and the dealer's response was "as long as you are sure this is the car you are going to buy" The dealer said we could take the car to a mechanic if we would like. I told him that I had a trusted mechanic that I would like to go to-dealer said no and that I could only use the mechanics in their network area. After bringing up a test drive again, and having the dealer say, "we want to make sure that this is the car that you are going to buy, my friend then said to the dealer: "it seems like you are being really resistant to a test drive". The dealer responded by saying that "they need to be sure that we are planning to buy the car since they have to close down shop to leave for a test drive". My friend responded by saying, "I thought we made an appointment though, and don't most people test drive a car before committing to buying it?" The dealer got very upset by this comment, slammed the hood and trunk of the car, took the key out and said he was no longer interested in selling this car. We had a few more words about the subject, and then left in shock. As a person who has bought many cars over the years, I was shocked at what I witnessed, and couldn't believe a place would choose to operate like this. I am embarrassed that I took my friend to such a place, and hope you think twice about visiting Peak Auto Brokers upon reading my review.

poor customer service, rude and self absorbed

by from Colorado Springs CO. |

Spoke with owner about searching for specific Ford vehicle and got a rude response about how people at not trading in low mile vehicles and he had no time to hunt down vehicles to sell. Further more the prices of autos on their lot are not below blue book retail, they are over by a thousand dollars or more. Do your research. There are better people to deal with out there who really care about the customer buying experience.

Great Service, Great Cars!

by from Colorado Springs, CO |

We had such a good experience three years ago when we purchased a car from this dealer, that we returned this year when we were ready to buy an additional car. We are very happy with both cars and the excellent service we received during the shopping and buying process. Nice facilities and very good prices.

Good experience with good prices

by from Lakewood, CO |

I searched many dealers and have not had one be as forthcoming and honest about everything. These guys are small and keep things real personal. The price of the vehicles are in line and more than fair. They dont haggle because the prices are already adjusted. I don't know if that works for everyone else but it does for me so I'm not playing the games. Kinda like CarMax but with good prices...Cars are clean and so is the office. Cute dogs too! Girlfriend loved them and they loved us! I will be returning and referring friends. I am VERY happy with my 20k mile 09 C300 4Matic.

Used truck buyer

by from El Prado nm |

Good overall place. Transmission jumps out of 1st gear

No Test Drive for You!

by from Central City, Nebraska |

Today, my stepson and his friend at my request made arrangements to TEST DRIVE two vehicle (the 2009 and 2012 Honda Odysseys) that you have for sale on your lot. They were told by Matt--- who I assumed I talked to yesterday morning and asked specifically if my stepson could call and schedule a test drive of the vehicles I was interested in and Matt said yes--- that "The owner won't let you test drive if you aren't the one purchasing the vehicle". Is this your policy? No test drives if you don't buy? My stepson visited your lot as a favor to me and you wasted his time and mine by not allowing him to gather information for me about a vehicle you are selling? I am disappointed and upset. I cannot imagine adopting such a sales policy! I plan to contact cars.com where I found your listings and write a review of Peak Auto Brokers citing my poor experience.

My experience

by from Colorado Springs, CO |

Looked at a Honda Civic that was priced at KBB "Excellent" that was a far cry from "Excellent", in fact a bit below average for the year as I saw it. They explained their policy was 'no negotiation on price'. I walked out.