Ourisman VW of Bethesda

Service 866-588-1503

German Engineering - American Hospitality

Bad Experience with Brian

by from Washington DC |

Just wanted to share my car buying "experience" at VW of Bethesda that we had earlier today. The sales person went by the name of Brian. I cannot speak to he quality of the other sales team members, but can only advise you to stay far -- very far -- away from Brian. He knew less about the cars that he was selling that I did after five minutes surfing and instead annoyed me and my family with questions about our personal lives plus the old-fashioned car dealer talk about what wonderful deal he could make happen for us. When it actually came to making an offer, it took him over an hour to come up with one and it was above the MSRP. We decided to cut our losses and walked out. His boss later called to apologize. Needless to say, we are not interested in doing business with an outfit like this ...

Great customer service and buying process

by from Baltimore, MD |

I bought a 2014 Golf TDI with this VW dealer and am completely satisfied with the buying process as well as their customer service.

You're on your own after you buy....

by from Southern Maryland |

I'd have to rate my car buying experience from Ourisman as average to slightly above. Sales staff was friendly and knowledgeable. Paperwork process did take a LONG time, but I was happy with my Certified Used CC. But that's where things nose dived... The car was outfitted with a DC 45-day temp tag and the finance manager told me I should have my Maryland tags is a few days. The dealer would call and I could pick up or they would Fedex to my home (I live about 70 miles away). After three weeks I contacted the dealership and had a conversation with Latoya McKay. I asked when the tags would be available and she replied it should be any day now. At 30 days I called the dealership again. I asked for a sales manager. Sadly I lost the name of the gentleman I spoke to but he said that Maryland regularly takes 3-4 weeks to process tags for a dealership. I know that isn't true. I've bought several dealer vehicles and always received tags within a week. Today is day 42. I just spoke with a salesman names Alvin Moore. He was unable to help me. I asked to speak to the sales manager and he put me on the phone with Eddie Battercourt. Mr Bttencourt told me that Maryland is taking up to 60 days to process new titles. I reminded him I only have a 45-day temp tag. He stonewalled me saying there was nothing he could do but my tags would be in before 45 days. I asked when the title application was submitted. He said he didn't know. I asked him if he would check for me, and he said no. I suggested that he could send a salesman to Maryland MVA and have tags in 10 minutes. He said he would not do that. I told him I thought this was incredibly poor customer service. He said "I'm sorry you think so". I said I would contact VW customer service directly. He replied, you whatever you need to do". Then he hung up on me. I contacted VW customer service and they are elevating the issue to a regional manager. I am 3 days away from having to park my car because of the incompetence of the Ourisman management staff. They will make sure you?re happy when you leave the dealership because VW customer service calls within 24 hours to survey the experience. The salesman even briefed us in to what to say and to how best rate him. But once you?re out the door you?re of no use to them. Never again?

Truly Terrible Service Center

by from Washington, D.C. |

I had my 2011 Jetta (with only 25k miles on it) towed there when the back wheels locked up and front tire rim was bent following hitting a pothole. I called everyday, three days in a row, leaving my phone number each time, before my completely unprofessional and incompetent "advisor" Perdita called me back. She said it would cost $415 to fix everything, including labor. I said fine. When I arrived to pay and pick up my car, she said the total cost was $568. I asked her why I was not called to authorize the additional $153 worth of work and she just shrugged her shoulders and said it must have been the tax (which was only $20.23). When I demanded to speak to a manager, there wasn't one there. Finally , once I got the car, my hub cap was just sitting in my back seat. THEY HADN'T EVEN BOTHERED TO PUT IT BACK ON. Never, ever go here.

Our Latest Purchase

by from Bethesda, Md |

We just traded a 2007 S40 for a low mileage 2012 S60. We got a fair price and it was an easy low pressure transaction as has been our experience since we first delt with the show room in 1991. This is our second used car and third new car purchase thru Martens (we also have a 2002 S80 purchased new and going strong at 125k). We have had our cars serviced by Martens, mostly by Brenda Green's Gold team, for 25 years and have no intention of going elsewhere.

Amazing buying experience

by from Washington, D.C. |

My wife and I stopped by to look at trade ins for our XC90. We didn't see exactly what we wanted but Dana Marten was on top of the process and showed us a vehicle we would never have originally considered. We ended up buying that vehicle the same day and in less than 4 hours. Amazing service and great people.

Efficient

by from Maryland |

I have had scheduled 30k factory maintenance for my VW CC couple days ago. Guys who work there were professional and efficient. For less than two hours they finished the job. Shuttle to the metro station was very helpful. Overall, very positive impression.

Issue with coupon resolved quickly...I will return

by from Bethesda, MD |

Manager resolved issue with oil change discount coupon quickly and graciously.....I will be back. thanks!

Jurek from DC

by from Washington DC |

I was particularly pleased that Mario Baten told me, even before I suggested it, that a flat tire and a second with a bubble on it were under warranty (they had only about 5,000 miles on them) and secured replacements at no charge. My experience is that this is a very professional shop

Outstanding

by from Bethesda, MD |

Punctual service, competent and friendly staff, first class facilities. I'll always go back to Martens for service & repairs.