Automotive Specialties

Automotive Specialties

2903 N Madelia St, Spokane, WA 99207

Used 888-475-0186

We offer the highest quality used cars available. No pressure, no games, just great cars at fair prices.

Fantastic Used-Car Buying Experience

by from Spokane, Washington |

Hands down one of the most painless and enjoyable experience of buying a used car -- incredible in quality of service, flexibility, friendliness; and a pretty good quality selection of cars. My teenage son and I took our time, almost a month, looking around -- yet during this time, no bothersome calls to pressure us; the calls received were follow-ups that we specifically requested. No typical car sales pressure; and amazing accommodation as we were able to keep the car overnight to take to our mechanic. AUTOMATIVE SPECALTIES is AWESOME and is highly recommended from us if you are in the market for good quality used cars. We dealt with John... Thank you John -- you ROCK!

July 24, 2014

Vin, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are glad to hear that you appreciated our 'no-pressure' approach. We refuse to be the 'typical' car dealership with the expected games, pressure, and hassle. We are ALWAYS supportive of our potential customers desire to have the car checked out by their own mechanic. We also appreciate you giving one of our employees some special recognition. We hope to see you again soon! Thanks again.

Lexus LS400 inaccurately represented.

by from Las Vegas NV |

Bought a 1990 Lexus LS440 sight unseen from Automotive Specialties. I thought the pictures were fare quality only to find three spots in need of re-spray. I also asked if everything worked, including any switch knob or button. They failed to tell me that the passenger door check was broken and made God awful noises when opened or closed. They did not tell me the cassette deck was broken. They commented that they had no cassettes to check it out with. They performed a rank amateur job on a driver seat rip and repair. They said they were charging the AC as we talked only to have it fail the very next day in the middle of the Utah desert. They did not tell me of the broken splash guard in the driver side's front undercarriage. I should have allowed more time to view the vehicle. The airlines I road up to Spokane on had emergency repairs and I could not get there before 8pm. I was greeted by Scott Pauly from Automotive Specialties and we conducted the sale at their shop. The interior of the shop was rather unorganized and felt like I was in someone's garage at home. I left as soon as I could as I was disappointed with the passenger door, the quality of the seller's shop and the air of non-disclosure that was becoming more evident the longer I looked at the car. Should I have inspected the car prior to sale? Yes. Did I trust the verbal communication between myself and Automotive Specialties? Yes. In the big picture the inability of Automotive Specialties to accurately disclose information was the poorest representation that the company should be judged on. I judge it as Poor.

Over Priced cars that CLEARLY have issues!

by from Spokane, Washington |

Went to this lot to look at a few cars and straight away noticed that the cars at this location had been in prior accidents. The dealer says they are mechanically tested however I found a few mechanical flaws (not little blemishes) on a few cars. Be mindful of what you are buying from this location.

Easiest Buying Experience EVER

by from Kirkland, WA |

Buying my car from Automotive Specialties was the most enjoyable business experience I had ever had. After a bad experience with another dealership, I was exhausted and feeling pretty down. John is the exact opposite of the stereotypical used car salesman, and we spent maybe half an hour with him (including the test drive) before we decided to buy. He took great care of me and my family and we never felt any pressure whatsoever. I feel I can trust them wholeheartedly. Any repairs needed will go straight to them! Thanks again for making me a part of the family!!

September 9, 2014

ShanbZag, Thank you for your review! I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your car buying experience with us. We do everything we can to be the exact opposite of what everyone expects from the average car dealership. We truly do consider you a part of the family, and hope that you'll stop by to say hello when you drive through Spokane again.

Respectable people, good selection

by from Spokane Wa |

Overall great experience, never had bought from a lot in my life. Easy process and found car we wanted without settling. Agreed to have AC fixed before we ever bought and once we bought we had to take it back 3 times for their shop to get it right with the AC. They apologized and gave us gift card. Also liked the fact that even though it was in shop they told me where shop that was doing the work was at so I could go talk to them. Hopefully this does not happen very often for other people. But otherwise good experience with them despite problems seemingly out of their control.

September 10, 2014

Cody, Thank you so much for the favorable review! I apologize again for the AC issue. We utilize top-notch independent shops to do our repairs and inspections. Our preference would be that these little mechanical issues wouldn't pop up...unfortunately with previously owned cars it's sometimes unavoidable. I haven't heard from you since, so I'm assuming that your AC is blowing ice cold now. We truly are sorry that you were inconvenienced. I hope that your dinner on us was good.

perfect place

by from kennewick wa |

my father and I went there to purchase my vehicle and everyone did an awesome job helping us find the right vehicle for me

September 10, 2014

Lucia, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us the review. I'm glad to hear that you got a vehicle that fits your needs. I am happy to announce that you won our monthly drawing for a $50 Visa gift card. Every month anyone that leaves a review here, on Google Reviews, or on Yelp(as many as 3 entries for 3 reviews on each site). That's ALL honest reviews... whether they are positive, neutral, or negative. We appreciate every review that we receive.

Great Experience

by from Spokane,WA |

I went to this dealer to purchase a Honda Civic that was advertised online. As soon as I was on the lot, they made me feel right at home. John, the salesman, didn't pressure me at all. In fact, he told me to take my time with the test drive. Heeding his advice, my test drive was about 25 miles long. It was great to not have to worry about someone pushing to sell me something. He answered all my questions and was extremely friendly. Scott the finance person, handled the paperwork and was helpful answering my questions. The whole experience was first rate! They even told me to come back if I needed any repairs! I would recommend Automotive Specialties to anyone looking to purchase a vehicle in Spokane.

September 10, 2014

Lonnie, Thank you very much for taking time out of your busy schedule to leave us a review. I'm so glad to hear that your experience from start to finish was ''first rate''. That is exactly the outcome that we strive for! Thank you for making Automotive Specialties your choice, we appreciate it so much!

Buying my second car from these guys!

by from Spokane, WA |

Jeff, Scott and John are all really great to work with. Honest about every car we looked at. Highly, highly recommend this group.

August 23, 2014

Lori, Thank you so much for the review! All three of us thoroughly enjoyed meeting you. Please stop by when you are in the area.

Classless

by from Spokane |

Sold a vehicle right out from under us while we were pursuing it. Classless!

July 28, 2014

Well, First off I knew that we couldn't go forever with nothing but 5 star reviews. I remember you very well, and I'm very surprised and disappointed that you left us a negative review. The vehicle in question was a near mint 2003 Audi A4 Quattro with only 36k original miles. You test drove it, and loved it. The Carfax report indicated that the car failed an emission test in California...twice actually. You were concerned, with good reason. We drove it to emissions to have it tested for you. It passed with flying colors. The weekend was approaching, and you wanted to have it checked out by your mechanic on Monday. We encourage all of our customers to get a second opinion from their own mechanic. At that point, we gave you the same option that we give every potential customer. For a $250 deposit(that goes toward the purchase of the car) we would hold it for you for up to one week. If your mechanic found a valid issue, that we weren't willing to repair...your deposit would be refunded immediately. Your exact response was "If it sells, it wasn't meant to be." You respectfully declined our offer...We respectfully did not try to talk you out of it. Sunday rolled around, a couple came in, drove the car..loved it...and bought it. I understand you being disappointed, but I don't think it's fair to call our character into question under these circumstances. I would love it if you would come back, and sit down with me. we will bend over backwards to help you find a car that you love. Sincerely, Jeff Kuntz, Partner Automotive Specialties Auto Sales.

We got a beautiful Subaru for Wyoming!

by from Wyoming |

I have never written a car dealership review, but in this case i will. Jeff and Dave are honorable people who run a trustworthy dealership. I don't believe you can say that about many places. I went to them because I saw they had good 5 star reviews to begin with. After talking with them over the phone I kept returning to their website and checking out there retail and comparing it with others. I am from out of state so most of my research was done online. They pride themselves in selling a car that "you can drive to New York and back" Before we left the lot they had put in a new head gasket, timing belt and water pump to ensure it was in good order, keeping it basically at the same price. I felt we made friends. Their prices are honest to begin with, with none of the overpriced mark up expecting to play the negotiation game like all the dealers seem to do. Other cars I reviewed that were similar in price did not have the mechanical work done, so one would be buying a problem or soon to be a problem. I highly recomment them.

July 18, 2014

M, I'm glad that we lived up to our reviews. You definitely made friends while you were here...and we will always treat you like family. We don't like ANY of the 'games' that people have come to expect and dread, from car dealerships. Thank you for the business, your review, and most importantly your friendship. J

EXCELLENT! EXCELLENT! EXCELLENT!

by from spokane |

We needed a dependable car for my niece and everyone @ Automotive Specialties was very knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. We not only found an exceptional car there, we made new friends as well. We are definitely coming here first from now on! Thank you so much for a wonderful experience!

July 20, 2014

We definitely enjoyed meeting the whole family! You guys were great. Selling a car was nice, but making 4 new friends was even better. Hope to see you soon!