Automotive Specialties

Automotive Specialties

2903 N Madelia St, Spokane, WA 99207

Used 888-475-0186

We offer the highest quality used cars available. No pressure, no games, just great cars at fair prices.

Great Experience - Repeat Customer

by from Spokane, WA |

This XC70 is my second purchase from Dave. I bought my Subaru 3 years ago and even after 3 years Dave remembered my name. Dave and Scott were personable, honest and easy to talk to. No sales pitches, no pressure...just a great experience (both times!) The 100.00 headlight went out the day I picked my Volvo up and it was fixed with no questions asked. Thanks for making honesty part of your business model. I would recommend Automotive Specialties to anyone looking the invest hard earned money in an honest machine.

November 3, 2014

Tim, Thank you so much for your repeat business!! We work very hard to earn and keep our customers loyalty. We appreciate the kind words, it lets us know that we are doing the right thing! Enjoy your Volvo!! Thanks again, from... The Automotive Specialties Team

Excellent people to do business with!

by from Spokane WA |

We were in the market for a car for my youngest daughter. We perused the internet and saw a car we were interested in. I researched the dealership and was impressed by the number of years (over 20) they have been in business and the outstanding reviews they have received on cars.com. We worked with John and Scott who were both wonderful. High pressure...no way. Low pressure...not even. No pressure...absolutely. We found a perfect car! Really an amazing buying experience and can't say enough about how friendly and professional the crew is at the dealership. I highly suggest that those in the market for a car, stop by and give them the opportunity to help you. Next time I am in the market for a car I will got to them first. I would recommend them to friends or family too. I give them an A+++ rating.

Good Experience

by from Spokane, WA |

We have been to Automotive Specialties before in the past just to look at their selections but we had never bought anything until a few weeks ago. We were looking for a Honda CRV and this dealer has a lot to choose from. Good selection, helpful and low pressure. There were a few things that needed to be replaced on the CRV and they took care of everything before we picked it up the next day. The only downside is they don't budge on price. So if you're not willing to pay sticker price then this probably isn't the dealer for you- however they are pretty fair about their asking prices.

Very Nice Van

by from Spokane, WA |

We bought a 2005 Town and Country Van a week ago tomorrow from Scott. He was very up front with us that they believe they price their vehicles at fair market value. A first time dealing with someone who does not negotiate. For that reason, we expected a great vehicle. At just under 53,000 miles on a 9 year old van, I was concerned about spending that kind of money and buying it as is. Today, we took it to have the transmission flushed, as we saw nothing in the Carfax that it had been done. Our go to guy at Lloyd's Automotive said the fluid looked good and didn't need it. They checked out the van further and he was impressed with the condition it was in. He said he would have had no hesitation buying it. That was a big relief for us, as we've had a couple of bum vans in the past three years and just want something that will last us . . . hopefully for 10 years.

October 7, 2014

Jeff & Christine, We are so glad to hear that you had a positive buying experience. We understand how stressful it can be purchasing a used vehicle. Which is why we pride ourselves on offering quality pre-owned vehicles at fair prices. It was a pleasure doing business with you, and we hope that you share you experience with friends and family who may be in the market for a car. We sincerely appreciate your honest feedback, and your business. Thank you again:)

Easy, Easy, Easy

by from Spokane, WA |

On Thursday found the car on cars.com called to see if the car was still available, it was. Went down to drive it on Thursday afternoon. Got my own financing on Friday morning. Drove home on Friday evening. No heavy sales pitch just plain courteous. Thanks Scott for making it easy.

October 7, 2014

Michael, So happy to hear that you had a simple and seamless buying experience! That is what we strive for here at Automotive Specialties. No pressure...just offer our customers quality pre-owned vehicles at reasonable prices. Thanks again for your feedback! But most of all thank you for your business:)

Great Experience

by from Moses Lake, WA |

My mom and I drove from Moses Lake, WA to look at a Nissan that Automotive Specialties had in there lot. I am a first time buyer of a new/used vehicle and was nervous. The guys that work there were very friendly, and were more than helpful. They brought up the van I was looking at online, and let us test drive it. We heard a small noise coming from the car, and upon our return we let John know our concern. He offered to take another drive with us and offered to have the problem fixed. Come to find out it was nothing, but he never once pressured us into buying it. We told them we wanted to go look out a few more car lots before we made our decision, again no pressure. John gave me his card so we could call him back if we decided on the van. After visiting a few places Automotive had the best price, so we called back. John talked with us for awhile after I explained that I have had bad experiences with vehicles, hence or decision to try a car lot. He assured me that their mechanics look over the vehicles before they sell them, and if for some reason I had any trouble with the van within the first month or two to bring it back so they could have it fixed. And if the problem happens later on, say 6 months, to call them back anyways and they will have a mechanic fix it for a decent price. We drove the van off the lot and brought it home, and so far this van has been amazing! Could not be happier with our decision. Thank you John for making this a great experience.

Great Experience for a First Time Buyer

by from Moses Lake, WA |

I went in with my mom to look at a Nissan Quest I found online. I am a first time buyer, and was nervous buying from a car lot. I was impressed with the hospitality this company had. We were greeted at the door, and after explaining what we were looking for, they went and pulled it up for us to test drive. After our test drive we talked to John and explained my experiences with cars, and our concern that this particular one had a noise coming from it. He offered to have it looked at and fixed if need be. (Turned out to be nothing of concern) We stated that we wanted to go look at a few more places and we would call if we decided on the van. He gave us his card and we left. After looking at a few places, we decided the Nissan was the one we wanted. We called John and told him we were coming back for the Nissan. John offered to take us on another test drive to make sure we were happy with the vehicle. I asked what would happen if I drove it home and it broke down on me. (Very bad karma when it comes to cars) John said to call him and bring the van back and they could have it looked at, and possibly fixed. He then said that if say 6 months from now, and it breaks down, to still call them and they would have a mechanic fix it for a decent price. (Again bad karma, took my dodge to a mechanic, paid 2k to have fixed only to have it break down again within 2 years.) We bought the Nissan and I have been driving it for a week now with no problems. Everything works great! I am so happy that we had such a great experience for my first time. Thank you John!

October 7, 2014

Sonja, We are so happy to have been a part of your first car buying experience. We know how nerve wracking it can be buying your first car. Glad to hear how well John took care of you! We appreciate your business! If you know of friends or family that are looking for a quality car, we also appreciate your referrals and will reward you with a 100$ referral bonus for any business you send our way that purchases a vehicle from us. Again it was a pleasure to do business with you! Enjoy your new ride:)

Lexus LS400 inaccurately represented.

by from Las Vegas NV |

Bought a 1990 Lexus LS440 sight unseen from Automotive Specialties. I thought the pictures were fare quality only to find three spots in need of re-spray. I also asked if everything worked, including any switch knob or button. They failed to tell me that the passenger door check was broken and made God awful noises when opened or closed. They did not tell me the cassette deck was broken. They commented that they had no cassettes to check it out with. They performed a rank amateur job on a driver seat rip and repair. They said they were charging the AC as we talked only to have it fail the very next day in the middle of the Utah desert. They did not tell me of the broken splash guard in the driver side's front undercarriage. I should have allowed more time to view the vehicle. The airlines I road up to Spokane on had emergency repairs and I could not get there before 8pm. I was greeted by Scott Pauly from Automotive Specialties and we conducted the sale at their shop. The interior of the shop was rather unorganized and felt like I was in someone's garage at home. I left as soon as I could as I was disappointed with the passenger door, the quality of the seller's shop and the air of non-disclosure that was becoming more evident the longer I looked at the car. Should I have inspected the car prior to sale? Yes. Did I trust the verbal communication between myself and Automotive Specialties? Yes. In the big picture the inability of Automotive Specialties to accurately disclose information was the poorest representation that the company should be judged on. I judge it as Poor.

September 25, 2014

Don, We appreciate the time you took to provide us with some valuable feedback. We are always looking to improve the quality of service we deliver to our customers. We are committed to doing our absolute best to identify and disclose any known issues a vehicle may have. We sincerely apologies that your experience did not reflect that commitment. Please feel free to contact us directly should you have any other issues.

Over Priced cars that CLEARLY have issues!

by from Spokane, Washington |

Went to this lot to look at a few cars and straight away noticed that the cars at this location had been in prior accidents. The dealer says they are mechanically tested however I found a few mechanical flaws (not little blemishes) on a few cars. Be mindful of what you are buying from this location.

September 25, 2014

Vivian, Thank you for your feedback. We pride ourselves on providing our customers with a wide option of quality used vehicles. We price our cars based on industry and market standards. We apologize that you did not have a positive shopping experience shopping with us. Our owner would love the opportunity to address your concerns. Please feel free to contact us at your convenience.

Easiest Buying Experience EVER

by from Kirkland, WA |

Buying my car from Automotive Specialties was the most enjoyable business experience I had ever had. After a bad experience with another dealership, I was exhausted and feeling pretty down. John is the exact opposite of the stereotypical used car salesman, and we spent maybe half an hour with him (including the test drive) before we decided to buy. He took great care of me and my family and we never felt any pressure whatsoever. I feel I can trust them wholeheartedly. Any repairs needed will go straight to them! Thanks again for making me a part of the family!!

September 9, 2014

ShanbZag, Thank you for your review! I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your car buying experience with us. We do everything we can to be the exact opposite of what everyone expects from the average car dealership. We truly do consider you a part of the family, and hope that you'll stop by to say hello when you drive through Spokane again.

Respectable people, good selection

by from Spokane Wa |

Overall great experience, never had bought from a lot in my life. Easy process and found car we wanted without settling. Agreed to have AC fixed before we ever bought and once we bought we had to take it back 3 times for their shop to get it right with the AC. They apologized and gave us gift card. Also liked the fact that even though it was in shop they told me where shop that was doing the work was at so I could go talk to them. Hopefully this does not happen very often for other people. But otherwise good experience with them despite problems seemingly out of their control.

September 10, 2014

Cody, Thank you so much for the favorable review! I apologize again for the AC issue. We utilize top-notch independent shops to do our repairs and inspections. Our preference would be that these little mechanical issues wouldn't pop up...unfortunately with previously owned cars it's sometimes unavoidable. I haven't heard from you since, so I'm assuming that your AC is blowing ice cold now. We truly are sorry that you were inconvenienced. I hope that your dinner on us was good.