Nissan of Duarte

(2.0) 3 Reviews

1434 Buena Vista St, Duarte, CA 91010

Advertising unavailable cars

by from Pomona, CA |

Duarte Nissan is a bit overeager to sell their cars. A month ago, I was looking for a used car and found an ad on Cars.com that I liked. The guy in sales talked me up on the car...then said, "Oh, you know what? That car won't be ready for another week." Apparently as soon as Duarte Nissan acquires a vehicle, they post an ad for it. I asked about another car, "That one is out being detailed, won't be available until tomorrow or the next day." I gave up and went elsewhere to buy my car. This week, my mother needed to buy a used car, and we found another ad. This time they got us all the way into the dealership. We sat in the reception area for 20 minutes while the car was to be brought around for us to examine...and then the sales guy came back and said, "Oh that car isn't ready yet...." This car hadn't even been through the safety inspection, and they had listed it as available. "Come back tomorrow..."

Don't waste your time

by from Los Angeles,CA |

My boyfriend and I drove an hour from Los Angeles to Nissan of Duarte because of a used Subaru Forester listed on their website that we wanted to check out and possibly purchase. My boyfriend called ahead to make sure the car was still there and spoke with Brenda, who assured him they still had the car and we could come on down and someone would be available to show it to us. A little over an hour later we arrive, only to be told that the car was sold A WEEK AGO and that Brenda had made a mistake. They asked us if they could show us something else, but since this is a Nissan dealership and we're in the market for a Subaru Forester, NO, there wasn't anything else they could show us. I asked to speak with a manager, who came over and basically shrugged the whole situation off and offered to show us something else. AGAIN, I reiterated that the whole reason we drove an hour was to see the Subaru Forester and if that car was sold a week ago, there was definitely no reason for us to be there. He did offer to give us some free gas, but we didn't really want to waste anymore of our time being there. Not sure if the whole thing was just a bait and switch attempt, but I can tell you that you can't trust their website inventory, or even what they tell you when you call to verify what cars they have. If you value your free time at all, don't waste it going to Nissan of Duarte.

A pleasant shopping experience

by from Arcadia, CA |

Very personable salesman, good and accurate information, but the price was higher so I bought elsewhere.