Heritage Toyota Scion

1620 Shelburne Rd, South Burlington, VT 05403

New 877-295-4775
Used 888-414-9095
Service 866-932-9994

Come meet the H-Team at Heritage Toyota Scion!

Chuck is the best!!!

by from South Burlington Vermont |

Recently I needed to purchase a car and went to Toyota. Chuck was outstanding. He did all the leg work BEFORE I even drove a car. He made sure it was the car I wanted and fit my budget before I even sat in it. He was friendly but not pushy, it was a great experience. He was not at all the typical car sales man. I will use Chuck for all future car buying and will recommend him to everyone.

Pleasant buying experiance

by from westford, vermont |

Jason Dillon in sales and Shawn Carpenter in finance were awesome to work with when we purchased our new Tundra. With them the process was smooth and not stressful.

THEY LOST MY BUSINESS FOREVER

by from Enosburg VT |

From beginning to end, Heritage couldn't have made this sale a worse experience. I test drove a car, got it priced up and came back a week later to purchase the car. During the process I noticed some discrepincies in the contract. If it wasn't for the difference of having a different interior color I wouldn't have notice it before signing the contract. After pointing out the discrepancy they told me that the other car was more money because it had more features like the moon roof and a better sound system. I told them we had already had a deal on the car and they just changed the car on me- I wanted the same car that I test drove for the price that we negotiated. After some time and speaking to the sales manager they agreed to sell me the car I test drove (the more expensive car) for the price we had originally negotiated. I signed the papers and thought I was done. 10 days later, I get a phone call saying I have the wrong car and to come back and switch. They were trying to say that I bought the lesser expensive car and they accidentally gave me the wrong car key. They had the VIN number of the lesser expensive car on the sales paperwork. This meant that I technically didn't own the car that I was driving. It also meant that I had just spent the last week and a few days driving a car that was not insured or registered. The car that I registered and insured with the VIN they put on the paperwork was sitting on the lot. I called the salesman that I worked with and he admitted that they screwed up (I had this recorded because I was having such an issue at this point). I then had to talk to the general manager again who insisted that I come down and switch cars. I explained the whole process to him and he said that I had him over a barrel and that if I was a good person I would come switch cars. I insisted that I would not be switching cars and that I was driving the car that I had agreed to purchas from them. His reply: Come down here, we'll sign the new paperwork and we'll be done with you. We'll be done with you??? What kind of service is that. Well at least I had other reputable toyota dealers to go to for my service. That would have been sufficient, except I realized a few days later that I had left a very important document in the car when I traded it in- a folder containing my father's original last will and testament. He just died a couple weeks prior to this. I called Heritage numerous times as well as the salesman. First I got a few texts back from the salesman saying that he had the day off, or that he was busy, but he'd check on it soon. More than a week later I was told that it was brought to an auto auction and they no longer had it. IF they had gotten right to it they may have still had the car in their lot. I suspect that they blew me off because they were not pleased with the new car purchase. They now won't take my calls, nor will they tell me where the car has gone. I have had absolutely no returns to my calls from either the salesman, the sales manager or the general manager about this. ALL I WANT IS TO TRACK DOWN MY FATHER'S WILL! Im glad that I know other Toyota Dealers or else I would never buy another Toyota. Heritage Toyota has forever lost my business and I will NEVER suggest them to anyone- even my worst enemy.

Heritage Toyota Scion responded to this review

April 1, 2015

Hello Mr. Lamoureux, It seems as though there was a lot of confusion and upset that occurred during this transaction; I am sorry that it turned out this way. We all make mistakes, even more so when we are new and starting out, like your salesperson was. It is unfortunate we were not able to iron out the miscommunication about the vehicle you wanted more amicably, but at the same time thank you for bringing to light a learning opportunity for our new salesperson. In regards to the documents in your trade-in vehicle, I am sorry sir, but your salesperson was accurate that we no longer are in possession of that car. While I also would not be happy with the lack of timely communication, unfortunately, in this case it would not have made a difference in our ability to retrieve the documents. This is because we have wholesale buyers, and transport companies, come on a daily basis to remove traded vehicles that won't be sold on the lot. You had mentioned noticing the missing documents "a few days later" than you purchased, at which point your traded vehicle would already have been taken to auction. If you care to contact me personally, I would be more than happy to review our paperwork and try to identify the exact auction, or buyer whom your trade vehicle was sold to. Perhaps the documents you are looking for are still in the vehicle. I may be reached at customerservice@heritagevt.com. Sincerely, Angelo Catalona Customer Relations Specialist Heritage Toyota Scion

Service Experience

by from Jericho, VT |

Most reviews are regarding the buying experience. My buying experience was good too. But my experience with getting warrantee and other work done was noticeably poor and expensive.

Tops....

by from williston, vermont |

We just bought a new Prius. We shopped around hard before deciding on Heritage. We were impressed with everyone at Heritage, professional and knowledgeable but relaxed. They listened before they spoke. It was easy to tell that Heritage Toyota, just like its products, is committed to very high standards. Heritage is the kind of place you want to end up in if you are shopping for a car.

Megan was awesome!

by from S. Burlington VT |

Loved working with Megan to find the right vehicles for us. She was patient and knowledgeable. I trusted her completely!

Heritage Toyota Scion responded to this review

July 1, 2014

Jen, Thank you for submitting your feedback on Cars.com, we truly appreciate it. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed working with Megan and that you were comfortable throughout the process. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call or stop by. Thank you, Angelo Catalona Customer Relations Specialist Heritage Toyota Scion

Best dealer ever!

by from Jericho |

I found my used Jetta Sportwagen on Cars.com, and pleased that it was so close to home. I wanted to go thru a dealer with carfax protection as I could have some recourse if something went askew. I usually don't like dealers b/c they often don't know the product as well as I do and are high pressure. I have had a lot of cars and have a lot of experience, including doing my own work, so I don't usually find someone like me that works in a place like this. Anyway, I found the reception to be warm, and treatment to be gentle and not high pressure. I was also able to counter offer and have it accepted! They detailed the car beautifully, and made sure I knew as much as I needed before going home with it. The sales person, Laura was delightful- very nice manner, and personable. It was most pleasant and relaxing. I can now recommend a dealer for my friends to go to. Thanks so much!

Outstanding Experience

by from Colchester |

I went into Heritage Toyota to look for an Avalon Limited. I was promptly greeted by Tonja. Tonja is very pleasant and professional to deal with. Her enthusiasm, positive attitude, demeanor are outstanding. She was helpful, informative and pleasant and she knows her product. Tonja focused with me on what I wanted and didn?t push inventory. The great customer service that I received from Tonja was outstanding including several follow up after the sale conversations. The positive human interaction I received when making my purchase will keep me coming back to this store.

Paul was extremely professional and accommodating.

by from Essex Junction, VT |

Paul Coleman was extremely professional and accommodating. From the moment I walked in he was very helpful. Although I ended up not purchasing the vehicle, I was still extremely pleased with the quality of service.

Buying a Prius C w/Tonja Little

by from Jeffersonville, VT |

From the moment I walked into Heritage Toyota and Tonja approached me I knew I'd be able to purchase a vehicle in a way that was comfortable for me. Tonja was sensitive to what I was looking for and did everything she could to fulfill all of my requests and solve my various dilemmas along the way. And finally, I've been impressed by Tonja's continued concern and contacts since I bought my car back in July, nearly 6 mo's ago. She has reached out to me on several occasions and is now writing an interesting email "series" that seems very creative, not to mention the Christmas card! Thanks Tonja.......you rock!