Fahrney Automotive Group

(3.7) 6 Reviews

3105 Highland Ave, Selma, CA 93662

Really nice down to earth people

by from Fresno, CA |

Morgan Day and Theresa Mimms were great help and very nice to deal with. They weren't pushy at all and answered every question I had. They also pointed out things I hadn't thought of asking. And because of them I have chosen to buy a new instead of used vehicle when it is time for me to purchase it and I will ONLY be dealing with them throughout the entire process at Fahrney Group. I will not be dealing with anyone else.

I recommend them

by from Fresno, Ca |

I was in the market for a new tacoma for a couple months, trying to find exactly what I wanted and for the best price possible. Right from the start, their online department started getting answers to my questions. They were working with me and it was always friendly help. They had a great price and when I picked up my truck, everyone was very professional and courteous of my time.

Poor customer service

by from Fresno CA |

I have purchased my last 3 cars at Farnhey but everytime I had to take them for regular service it is a nightmare. First, it takes them forever to answer their phone and once they do expect to deal with the rudest people in the world starting with the receptionist. My family won't buy more cars at Farhney becasue their poor customer service.

Great Buying Experience, Would Refer Friends

by from Fresno, CA |

Overall great experience dealing with Fahrney Automotive Group. I found my car that I ended up buying on cars.com and it was located at Fahrney Auto Group in Selma. On cars.com it had a very competitive price, and when I called and talked to George, he was very nice and answered all of my questions over the phone. That is what made me take the drive down to Selma. When I got there, they took me for a test drive with Ken. I never felt pressured to buy, there was not hard-sell. Several times I was asked if I had questions or if there was something I needed or wanted to change, giving me an opportunity to voice any concerns or wants. They also asked what they could do for me to make a purchase. I had to wait a day to buy it and they didn't try to pressure me before I left the first day. (other places I visited did not let you leave without using lots of pressure to get me to buy that day) When I returned to buy it, they had found me financing cheaper than my bank, they showed me my credit score and used the highest score(the score can vary depending on the agency consulted). I thought they were very transparent with the whole process and found me a great deal for financing. When it came to the price of the vehicle, I paid what they had it listed for online, I did not try to negotiate it down, it was a very fair price. It saved a lot of time on my part and I appreciated that. Like all car sales, there were add-ons and warranties offered to me for purchase during the contract signing. Their selling methods were sensible and with in reason and they were not too pushy. They do include warranty and other protection in contracts the first time to show you how much it would be, so make sure you understand the contract and what it includes. My only advice is that the price for these warranties and add-ons (like car alarm) is negotiable and you always have the option to decline. If you are interested in them, and many times these items can be good to have, research what add-ons you might like or need beforehand. This way you will know how much you are willing to spend and if the deal they are offering is good. I was offered a fair price on the warranty and I purchased it from them, but declined other add-ons. In general, the sales process was very smooth, and felt they were fair with how they sold products. I would feel very comfortable sending family and friends back to this dealership and was happy with my purchase. A little about my perspective: I had been looking for a car for several months, online and going to dealerships. I visited most of the dealerships in Fresno and Clovis. If you know what car you want, I recommend finding it online first. My experience of walking onto a dealership lot increased the price of the vehicle compared to online shopping. You can also find the price of warranties/add ons online. If you do your homework,you can judge for yourself if you are paying a fair price. All dealerships have to make a profit, so the cars will be always be more expensive than what the dealer pays for them, as well as other products they offer. Dealerships offer a great service by finding cars, bringing them to your city, backing it up with a warranty, and making sure the car they sell is of high quality. I felt that Fahrney Automotive Group was more pleasant and better than the majority of other dealerships I visited. While they are still in the business of selling cars, they are respectful and willing to offer some great deals.

THEY WILL LIE TO YOU!!!!

by from Fresno, CA |

FYI. We hate the game of car buying. They love the game! We drove 20 plus miles to look at a car that is advertised. We got to the lot, and were immediately greeted by a young salesman. He started the conversation with a corny joke. We asked specifically about a used car that we found on cars.com. He initially said "oh yes, it's right over here" After searching the lot for a moment, he walked up to another salesman, and had a "conference". After that, we were told that they had sold the car. I can understand if they had sold the car. But it just didn't feel right. And I trust my gut to things, as my wife did too. Anyway, today (the next morning), I contact them and they say, "Oh yes, we have that car in stock". So either they do or they don't, but someone is lying, and I'm not sure I'm willing to deal with these types of actions. BTW. Drove to another dealership, had a great experience with them on a similar car. Haven't decided if we'll buy it, but I'll deal with that second dealership and recommend them to anyone.

Fahrney Automotive Group responded to this review

August 19, 2012

Paul, we apologize that your dealings with us were anything but pleasant, and thank for having driven out of your way to give us an opportunity. I want to ensure you we wouldn?t intentionally turn a customer away who was looking to make a purchase. We also do not partake in the ?game of car buying?, which is why we have staff dedicated to ensure a streamlined purchase experience without any ?back and forth?. We sell a high volume of vehicles on a daily basis and it?s very common for customers to come for vehicles that have recently sold. Investigating the incidences on that day, we have found that the Matrix you were looking was taken out on two test drives. When our salesman with you couldn?t find the vehicle it was presumed sold. He was mistaken and we have counseled our staff on the correct verification procedures when a vehicle cannot be found. When you went on Cars.com DealerChat the next day we confirmed the vehicle was available for sale as it was. I hope that you understand that no one lied to you, they just didn?t check with management before telling you it was sold. Thank you again for the chance to earn your business.

Best Buying Experience I've Ever Had!

by from Fresno, CA |

I was skeptic at first arrival because the Salesperson looked Very Young. However, his knoledge and hospitality was bar none the best I had experienced to date. They went very far out of their way to get me the exact vehicle I had wanted, at NO EXTRA$$$, and I had it within 24 hours. Their Sales Manager was also a younger gentleman, and I have nothing but good things to say about him as well. They fit the vehicle in my budget and with a great financing plan. Paperwork was quick and easy. I'm looking forward to my first service appointment, which by the way they are giving me for FREE. Good job guys, A+

Fahrney Automotive Group responded to this review

March 13, 2012

Thank you for the feedback Jake, We are very happy to hear about your experience. Please stay in touch if you ever need anything, or have any questions on your vehicle. Just a click or call away :).