Passport BMW

Service 866-435-0035

Serving Washington DC, Alexandria, Arlington and Fairfax

Sales Representative Earned My Appreciation

by from Alexandria, VA |

The sales representative, Cullen Malone, was very helpful and overly accommodating through the shopping process. Most of all, he was honest. I went into the process very skeptical due to the dealership increasing the price on the car (online) between when I scheduled my test drive to when I actually went in. Cullen addressed that without me even having to ask about it. Felt very at ease having an honest, frank conversation about the car and the purchase. I am so impressed with my experience, I am going to try out the dealership to maintenance my current BMW even though I ended up not buying this car. Hopefully, the service rep. Cullen recommended is as professional as he is.

Great Experience buying a car

by from Millersville, MD |

I found a used car that I wanted to check out on cars.com so I called passport BMW and talked to Mathew Rezza about it. I came in and took it for a test drive. The car looked almost brand new and drove like it too. I put a deposit down and then remembered after I left that the heat didn't work very well when I test drove the car. So I called Mathew back and asked him to check it out and he did. It turns out the Heater core was bad and had to be replaced and they replaced it before I bought the car and now the heat works great. Also, Mathew, Dave and everyone that I met at the dealer ship were very nice people, very knowledgeable about cars and the business in general and provided excellent customer service.

Wonderful experience!

by from Andrews AFB, MD |

We got a great vibe from this dealership the second we walked in the door. We were offered drinks from the minute we walked in the door to the minute we walked out (with our new vehicle). Everyone we dealt with at this dealership was so helpful and very friendly. We did not attempt to get the dealership down in price on the vehicle we were interested in, because the listing price was spot on. Everyone was willing to work with us and our needs in order to get us the vehicle we came in for. Once again, everyone who we worked with at the dealership were honest and very helpful in assisting us with our vehicle purchase and they were not at all pushy. I would recommend this dealership to anyone who is looking into purchasing a new or used vehicle. One thing I would NOT recommend is trading in a vehicle at this dealership, as we did not get a price that we were happy with and they were not willing to negotiate.

BEWARE of Passport BMW

by from Silverhill, MD |

This has been the worst car buying experience I have ever had. The salesman that was assigned to me was named Barry Vermillion. If you want to deal with your typical sleazy car salesman then go to this dealership. If you don't want to deal with that, then steer clear of this dealership. During the entire sales process he would not comply with any requests that I made and even tried to make me think that a 1 yr, 12,000 mile warranty was included with the purchase of the car. He treats the buyer like they don't know a single thing about cars. Then when I went to go sign the papers I was informed that the warranty was going to cost and extra $2000 dollars. I decided to buy the car despite the sleazy salesmanship. The first day off the lot I had to have the car towed back in for repairs. I got the car back and within a week the car was broken again and back to the dealership. The car is still in the shop pending a confirmation whether my warranty may or may not cover the repair since Passport BMW claims no responsibility. I would never recommend buying a car from this dealership. The salesman are pushy and rude and they do not thoroughly check their pre-owned cars before sale. The service department has been fairly accommodating. I have bought many cars including a few BMW's and this is my worst experience by far.

Just like any other

by from Maryland |

While the folks are nice when you are signing the paperwork to buy and the dealership itself is very nice, they are just as sleazy as any other dealer. I bought a used Audi TT at the dealership. Bottom line is that they claimed their pre-owned vehicles are top notch and checked carefully, BUT there were many problems with the car found after it got home. Leaking trunk, broken jack, transmission issue etc. Then when you try to get a hold of them to help with these problems, you guessed it. Like I said, nothing special about this place.

Great experience

by from arlington, VA |

Outstanding experience buying my new BMW. Thank you for making the process so easy. Tom Foster is the best!!!

Loving My BMW

by from Washington, DC |

I recommend ANYONE trying to purchase a BMW to purchase from this location. Ask for Aarion, he's the BEST!!!

Great Car Purchase experience

by from TAKO Park, MD |

I went in to see if I even liked to drive the BMW 128i. From the moment i walked in, people were courteous and friendly. I worked with Joe Sable who was great and took the time to listen to what I wanted in a car and so. Since I normally metro to work, Joe was great about picking me up to test drive etc... The car was reasonably priced and beautifully prepared. I have only been driving for a month or so but I LOVETHIS CAR!! The dealer experience made it all the more enjoyable. I would highly recommend Passport BMW if you are in the market for a new or lightly used car. All the people I met were friendly, professional and struck me as being no-nonsense which was a welcome surprise. Their new facility is very elegant and does looks like a fine place to wait in style for your car to be serviced. They have several amenities that I can see would make even a long wait for a repair amenable.

Passport BMW responded to this review

May 29, 2013

Thank you so much for the kind words! At Passport BMW, we put customer satisfaction first and I am glad to hear you experienced that firsthand. Joe is a valued member of our team, and I'm happy that he was so helpful during your time at our dealership. Make sure to come back and visit us if you need any assistance at all! We have a Facebook and Twitter site, and if you follow those, you will have access to exclusive content and special offers! Thanks again! Sincerely, Joe Long General Sales Manager

Not a great place to purchase a car!

by from Laurel, MD |

I was looking to purchase a 2007 BMW 335i. This was my second time visiting this dealership to purchase a car. I was greeted by a salesman, but was treated as if I could not purchase the car. As an individual with OK credit, I was told that I could get financing and I was eager to purchase this BMW. After having my credit pulled, they acted as if they did not want to help me. I was told that I could get the car with $4,000 down. They only submitted my credit to one bank and made it seemed like I was doing nothing to purchase the vehicle after letting them know that I only had $2,000 dollars to put down. If you do not make $100,000 or more a year or have a 750+ credit score, DO NOT go here to purchase a car!!!! They don't deal with the average blow Joe.

A huge disappointment

by from Washington, DC |

I had viewed the vehicle online on a Sunday(7/29/2012) and contacted the sales rep the same day. We scheduled an appointment/ test drive for the Wednesday(8/1/2012).The test drive went very well and I expressed to the sales person that I definitely wanted to purchase the vehicle and would arrange financing. I left the dealership with a printout with my name,DOB,Lic.#,insurance carrier(mine),the car price, mileage,VIN# stock#,color,model year,salesman name and ID #,and amount I would need to finance. I had been looking for a vehicle for over two months and was over joyed to have found the vehicle at what I thought was a reliable dealership in the auto business, Passport BMW. On 8/2/2012 I received a call from the sales agent to inform me that the car was taken to auction the morning of 8/2/2012. Is this how a business is managed?, does the purchasers time and energy mean anything to the company? Obviously this companies word CAN NOT be trusted nor is it honorable. WHAT A LET DOWN