Putnam Lexus

Service 888-621-9292

Home of the Putnam Advantage

very happy customer

by from fremont ca |

Andy and Ahmed were there best to deal with. This was my very first time buying a car and Andy was so patient and really helped me make my decision. I totally recommend Putnam Lexus such great & friendly customer service. My experience here was nothing but the best. Thanks for all the help guys!

October 23, 2014

Thank you for your feedback Jan! We are glad that you enjoyed working with Andy and Ahmed. Please let us know if there is ever anything that we can do to assist you in the future. Candy Francesconi Business Manager

Shady Tactics

by from Pleasanton, CA |

The first time I went down, the salesman and I agreed upon a price for a used Civic, a price reflected in an official invoice given to me at that time. The next time I went down, to actually finalise the sale, I was told that the price had gone up by over $1000. Classic bait and switch, it was completely insulting. After at least thirty minutes of arguing over it, I conceded to pay $100 more than the originally agreed price. Decided to take the car for one last drive before signing anything, and it's a good thing I did because the drivetrain started making a loud grinding noise that it hadn't made the first time I'd test driven the car. They refused to have one of their mechanics examine the car, so I started making some calls to shops in the area to see if anyone could see it. I didn't have any luck there, and while I was talking to one of the salesmen about options, the first one I'd met with walked up and told me they'd just sold the car to someone else WHILE I WAS STILL ON THE LOT. As bad as that is, it gets worse. Turns out that was a complete lie, as the car was confirmed still available today. I have never been so insulted in a business transaction in my life.

October 27, 2014

We would like to apologize for your bad experience here Fiendsy. It sounds like we made a mistake in how we priced the car, and we should have had the noise checked out while you were here. We have informed our sales staff of your review and let them know that this type of behavior is completely unacceptable. Please feel free to reach out to us if there is ever anything that we can do to assist you, and we will attempt to make things right. Sorry for our delay in responding to your review. - Putnam Lexus Management Team

Up-dated Caveat Emptor

by from Santa Rosa, Ca |

After I contacted the dealership, they offered to have the car fixed. The car has been fixed and works well now. I would recommend this dealer and would use them again after the experience with the customer service and their cheerfulness and willingness to fix the car even though we bought it "as is". We should have been more thorough in checking out a used car.

Caveat Emptor up-date

by from Santa Rosa,Ca |

After we posted the first review, the company contacted us immediately and is willing to correct the problem, which according to the mechanic is intermittently faulty switch. They were polite and willing to work with us since we do not live close to the dealership. Knowing how fast and willing they are to respond to a problem, I would use this dealership again.

Caveat Emptor (Let the buyer beware)

by from Santa Rosa, Ca |

Although the staff was very friendly and helpful in purchasing a used BMW Z3 convertible, We were unhappy to find out that the car we bought which had low mileage (36,000) and represented to be in excellent condition had a convertible top that did not function. We bought the car at night and the next day when my husband tried to put the top down he found out that it didn't work. Since the car was supposed to be in excellent condition and it was close to closing time, we did not check everything out and am disappointed that the salesman did not disclose to us that the car had a problem. I guess the term "Caveat Emptor" (Let the buyer beware) applies to purchasing a car at Punam Lexus.

Great buying experience

by from Mountain View, CA |

Experience is very smooth. The seller is highly efficient. No push for extra packages I do not want. The sales also gave me a very detailed instructions on every single buttons/knobs around the driver's seat before I drive the car away. That saved huge amount of time for me to read the 1000-page user manual.

October 28, 2014

Thank you for your review Cody! We appreciate you choosing us for your business, and are glad that you enjoyed your experience here. Please let us know if there is ever anything that we can do to assist you in the future. - Putnam Lexus Management Team

Lexus RX350

by from Sonoma Co |

Not a good experience. Made an appointment to see a particular vehicle. Traveled over 120 miles round trip. Upon arriving at dealership was told vehicle had already sold. WASTE OF TIME!

June 17, 2012

We take full responsibility for this and are very sorry that we wasted your time. We often receive a lot of demand for both pre-owned Lexus and non-Lexus vehicles, and their availability depends on the make and model. We try to give each potential buyer an opportunity to purchase the vehicle that they want, but in general our policy is to not hold vehicles for more than a few hours. With that said though, in your case we should have contacted you to inform you that the vehicle was sold, and that is definitely a mistake on our part. We have reminded our sales team to notify customers when vehicles are no longer available, and hopefully your comments can serve as a means for us to improve at this. Again, we are very sorry that this situation occurred and regret that we wasted your time. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or would like to take a look at some other vehicles, as we would be happy to make up for our mistake by offering you a great price on the vehicle of your choice. Sincerely, The Putnam Lexus Management Team