Melody Toyota

750 El Camino Real, San Bruno, CA 94066

New 866-792-0987
Used 888-566-1394
Service 888-773-7307

Great car buying experience!

by from Redwood City, CA |

My experience with Melody Toyota was absolutely fantastic from the moment I called to ask about the car I wanted. Adam Raines could not have made the experience any better! When I called to ask about the car Adam went to check on it in the lot and called me back within 5 minutes as promised. I drove up to see the car and it was out front waiting for a test drive! I fell in love with the car and Adam did a great job taking me through the buying process. There were some marks on the bumper and one on the side of the car that was agreed to be repaired within the purchase. Everything was taken care of in a timely manner and I could not be happier. I would definitely recommend this dealer to anyone looking to by a Toyota or used pre-owned vehicle.

June 19, 2014

Hi HappyDriver, Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We are so pleased that Adam was able to leave you with such a positive impression of our dealership. Your recommendation means a great deal to us as we are always striving to go above and beyond the expectations of our guests. Best, Matt Marr, General Manager.

great experience

by from San Jose, CA |

My first car was purchased at Melody a very long time ago. They are still great. We initiated the process online. The internet sales force responded almost immediately. And the process was very professional and well processed. We arrived and the initial contact was off that day. But all communications were competently transmitted to the chief of the internet department. The process was slow as it always is, but smooth. The negotiations were cordial, reasonable with a minimum of hassles. The process has been streamlined. I would highly recommend this dealer.

September 10, 2014

Hi Phil, So happy to hear that your experience at our store was smooth and enjoyable. Thank you so much for leaving us a review and we look forward to seeing you again. Best, Matt Marr, General Manager.

Poor service and high pressure

by from Bay area |

Purchased a vehicle, warning lights went on before taking possession - was assured these would be addressed. They were not. Dealer offered to make it right by taking vehicle back to get another vehicle. Extensive haggling when they indicated they would take the original vehicle back for less than half what I'd paid. Eventually left showroom with a different vehicle but having paid far more overall than I should have. Just sent GM a letter detailing the problems and asking for resolution.

August 1, 2014

Hi there, Thank you for reaching out and explaining the details of your frustration. I would like to speak with you regarding this at your convenience, as to expedite a resolution. Please reach out at a time that works best for you. Thank you, Matt Marr, General Manager, (650) 635-1000.

Very disappointed

by from Monterey, CA |

After months of researching vehicles settled on purchase of a 2007 Ford Escape Hybrid. Found one at Melody in San Bruno that was a decent price, reasonable miles and in good shape. Drove 110 miles from home to test drive and eventually purchase vehicle. Dealer filled tank before I took possession, at that point the Service Emissions System light went on. Dealer sent me home with promise to diagnose and repair when convenient for me. On the way home the Low Tire Pressure light went on. A day later the Master Vehicle Electrical Hazard warning light went on. Add to this the car had not been detailed prior to my leaving, the rear seats were grimey, the cupholder had remnants of sodas or coffee in the bottom and there was easily removed dirt. All through this I was emailing and calling the dealer. The person who had told me to call in the event of any issues did not respond to any of my messages. I found the email address of the General Manager, sent another email and received a phone call within minutes. The person I spoke with said they had not returned calls or emails because they assumed I was working with used car manager. After assuring them I'd not heard from anyone they gave me his contact. Another email this time to the used car manager and the GM. Got an appointment and a rental car to have the vehicle examined and repaired. After filling the tires (all four below 20psi, going below 1/4 tank and shutting off vehicle (per Ford owners manual for master hazard failure) - all lights went off. Took car in for service, user car manager said they would most like keep vehicle over the weekend to diagnose. He also told me they had a Ford Master Mechanic from another shop who would work on the vehicle. The following morning I received a call saying the vehicle would be ready by 3:30, they understood it took me 2 hours to get there. I emailed asking for confirmation as I would need to leave by 1:15 or so to arrive. No answer. Got there at 3:40, the vehicle was being detailed, then test driven, then washed, then detailed, then tested and so on - in other words, it was not ready. The service manager was there, I reminded him about the grime and need for detailing. He said it would be taken care of. He also said they'd figured out the low tire pressure light but not the others. A little after 7pm the car was finally ready. I'd been promised a full tank of gas but was now getting push back. The used car sales manager spoke with someone in the shop to assure them the tank should be filled. Within 10 minutes of leaving the shop the service emissions system light went back on - turned around to dealership to speak with used car manager. Told him I felt unsafe in vehicle and was disappointed and wanted to know where to go from here. We settled on replacing the vehicle, because it was already so late I was going to return on the weekend. Emailed Saturday to let him know I'd be there Sunday. An email from him indicated either he or another gentleman would assist. On Sunday the master electrical hazard light went on again, reinforcing the fact they had not corrected problem. Took pictures of light on with current mileage and time, emailed to used car manager before leaving for dealership. On arrival they told me the other Ford Escape hybrid had just been sold, since it is still on their website I doubt this. Drove a different hybrid, newer model and a little more expensive. Decided to purchase this one. Dealer told me they would not exchange vehicle but would give me less than half what I paid for Ford, needless to say I was rather upset. After an extremely long day we finally negotiated a trade and I left in a safer vehicle. While they said they were sending new vehicle out to be fueled and washed that did not happen - the vehicle had fewer miles to refuel than when I test drove and it had new nicks on the exterior. After spending 4 hours in the service department, 5 hours to negotiate a trade, and driving over 800 miles in multi

August 1, 2014

We apologize for your frustration, as we recognize that your time is very valuable. We would like to discuss this with you further, as we would like to continue to aid you in your search for the perfect vehicle. Please contact Matt Marr, General Manager at (650) 635-1000. Thank you.

Best Sales Man ever

by from Elk Grove, CA |

After buying 7 different new vehicles and visiting many different dealers and sales reps. I have to say Randie Coquioco from Melody Toyota is the best. He spends a lot of time while looking for the truck that I wanted and not trying to push me into buying something that they have in stock. I was pretty picky when I was looking for this truck; it has to have what I want in the options department and the exact color that I want. Randie came through with flying colors, he got me the truck that I wanted and not to mention that he came in on his day off to make sure that I was taken care of while I was at the dealer doing the paperwork. All sales personnel could take a lesson from Randie.

July 22, 2014

Hi B.Mac, Exceeding our guest's expectations is the standard here at Melody Toyota, and we are so proud that Randie was able to demonstrate this during your experience with us. Thank you for your feedback, it means a great deal to us. Enjoy your new truck! Best, Matt Marr, General Manager.

Great front end, typical back end

by from Palo Alto, CA |

The front end of the transaction (salesperson Aubrey Marks) was 5 stars. She was forthright and negotiated in good faith before I came down to the dealership. The Camry deal we agreed to prior to my arrival was honored. The back end of the transaction (financing department) was a little less straightforward. They were much more pushy in terms of selling add-ons, and at times I felt like they made certain misrepresentations about the value or cost of the features. I guess that's just the nature of vehicle negotiations, but forewarned is forearmed. All in all, I'm happy with the car, and I certainly had a better experience dealing with the salesperson here than at Magnussen Toyota in Palo Alto or Stevens Creek in San Jose.

Good Experience!

by from Pleasanton Ca |

We just bought a used 2011Toyota Rav 4. It's best price we have seen within 100 miles, and it includes a 7 year/100,000 mi warranty/certified vehicle. Also we got what we wanted for our trade-in. Adam Reines, our sales person was very helpful and let us test drive several vehicles, while our trade in was appraised. Adam was pleasant to deal with, and was not at all pushy. He provided the info we needed without the push that you so often get with car salesmen. The only draw back was the wait to see the Finance person. They were very busy with only two guys to cover the finance and "extras" discussion. We paid cash, but unfortunately, no one gets to skip this part. We were done in 3 1/2 hours, deciding between a couple of different cars. It was a good experience overall.

Love this place

by from San Bruno |

Coudn't be happier about the service we got here! Not only did we get walk out with nice used car! We also got it at the price we could afford!! It was awesome! So happy! Thanks Rand C. for all your help!!

April 21, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. So glad to hear you were able to find the perfect pre-owned vehicle at our dealership! Enjoy it, and let us know if you have any questions! Best, Matt Marr, General Manager.

Awesome Dealership!!

by from San Bruno |

This Dealership was awesome! They worked with us so we could get the car we wanted and the right price! Randy C. was very nice, helpful and so patience with us! Thanks Randy!

April 21, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. So glad to hear Randy was able to help find you the car of your dreams for the best value. Enjoy your new vehicle! Best, Matt Marr, General Manager.

Raj Chand

by from San Bruno ,ca |

Having bad credit, I thought purchasing a vehcile would be impossible. However , Melody toyota of San Bruno made the impossible happen. Not only did they help me purchase a brand new vehicle but also established a plan to rebuild my credit. This was awesome news. Excellent customer service was provided by Sabina Leong who listened to my needs and guided me to find the perfect vehicle for me. She was paitence and honest which I find lacking in other sales person in this field. Not only that, but the sales manager Deepak Saini made sure that I was being provided excellent customer service. Without him, my financing would not been made possible. When people go out of their way to help you, their stories must be heard. They help you not for sales but simply becaue they care . I must say I am now a toyota fan for life because of the customer service provide by these two individuals and would highly recommend anyone trying to purchase a vehicle to give Toyota melody a chance to make their purcahse simple and hassle free. Thank you Sabina, Deepak and the staff of Melody Toyota of San Bruno for helping me and giving me a chance. Sincerly, Raj C

April 21, 2014

Hi Raj, We are so happy to hear that Sabrina and Deepak were able to work with you and provide exceptional customer service during your search for the perfect vehicle. If you need anything, please feel free to contact us at your convenience. Thank you, Matt Marr, General Manager.

Great service, great dealership...happy customer!

by from San Bruno, CA |

We were so happy with our experience at Melody. My wife loves her car. Car was delivered in excellent condition. Sales staff made it easy to make our decision. Thank you Melody Toyota...Mike, Adam, Chris, and Ali.

April 21, 2014

Hi Rob and Lil, Thank you for taking the time to review us! We are go glad that your wife loves your new vehicle, and that our sales staff were helpful in guiding you into the perfect car. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions. Enjoy your new ride! Best, Matt Marr, General Manager.