Adventure Subaru

Service 877-289-0892

All Roads Lead to Adventure

GREAT PLACE TO BUY A CAR

by from Thompson |

A great place to shop for a new or used car. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They really seemed to care about what was important to me. I bought my new car from them and will continue to purchase my future cars from them and refer my friends.

GREAT PLACE TO BUY A CAR

by from Thompson, Ohio |

It was a pleasure to work with the staff at Adventure Subaru. They are under new management and they are very honest and treat me with total respect.

Outstanding Service!

by from Kent, OH |

My first service visit to this dealer was amazing to say the least! I was greeted by the service manager...Mr. Freiberg. He checked me in quickly and my car was serviced whiles I waited a half hour for an oil change. I did not have an appointment and came in the morning. He had a porter go get me breakfast because I was starving and he had a coupon to give me money off my oil change. I will be back...I have never been treated so nice at a car dealer!

GREAT EXPERIENCE!!

by from Chardon, OH |

I brought my Outback in for warranty service to Adventure, even though I bought the auto at a different dealership. I was expecting a bit of a hassle because of this. BOY WAS I EVER WRONG!! The Service Department was just perfect. The write-up person was attentive and easy to convey the car issues to. I was phoned a few hours later to pick up my car. When I arrived, I was taken care of by the Service Manager, Ian, who explained everything done to my car. He thanked me for my business and said I was welcome for service anytime. THEY EVEN WASHED MY CAR FOR ME! My Outback is running PERFECTLY. This dealership is much closer to my house than the dealership I purchased from. I am recommending Adventure to anyone that drives a Subaru. I will be back and looking forward to my next new car purchase.

Good experience with a new Forrester

by from Mentor, oh |

Gary was very non-pressure, let's talk about what you want, and find it for you. Pricing was very good (it was comparable to the pricing from the largest Subaru dealer in the US whom we visited when we were out west) Finance has the usual, 'do you want to extend this or that' process, but it was very conversational, not pressured. We felt good about the whole process. The car was swapped for one at another dealership and it was all done quite quickly.

very positive experience

by from Aurora Ohio |

we came from another dealer in bedford and were able to walk away that day, no hassles with a great vehicle! dealt with Dale and he was great in getting us an affordable payment we felt comfortable with

WORST DEALER EXPERIENCE EVER!!!

by from PAINESVILLE OHIO |

Never in my 49 years on this planet have I been treated in such a manner like this. When we asked about matching a deal from another Subaru dealer, the salesperson had the sales manager come buy with usual car dealer tactics. He said and I quote "we can do it, but we won't"!...Wow! Also, he had the audacity to bad mouth his competition...Worry about your own issues!!! I was stunned!...and not to mention how my 82 year old father was greeted and yelled at because he parked in a used car spot and forced to move, almost got stuck in snow since they made him so nervous... MAKE SURE TO READ THE REVIEWS AND YOU WILL AVOID THESE GUYS AT ALL COSTS...TRUST ME! Subaru should be ashamed to have these guys represent their brand! Too bad for the Painesville community.

Rude Service Rep

by from Cleveland, Ohio |

I purchased a 2012 Outback when the dealer was "Halpert Subaru" and had a very good experience. I called to have it serviced and the service rep second guessed what I was telling him was the problem with the car, and was rude. He also seemed like he could have cared less if I had my car repaired there. I cancelled my appointment, and went to a different dealer.

They helped me by buy dream

by from Newton Falls, OH |

I recently was looking for a used car and was very particular in what I was looking for. Adventure had one on the lot. I had just a few hours on a Friday to look at it. At the end of the process we were so close to the figures I wanted that they gave me the car for the night while the two of us thought more about the deal. I came back on Saturday and after a little give and take I left with the Mustang that I was wanting to buy. They worked with me, their figures and the financing to make sure that I did not have to leave without the car. Thanks to Dan, Jeff, and Mark.

Not really interested in a sale

by from Cleve ohio |

Took a test drive with them. They contacted us once Called on another car listed online. They said They never had it Didn't seem like they really wanted to make a sale

Worst Experience I've had at a dealer in my life.

by from Oklahoma City |

I waited a few days after my transaction with this dealership to write a review. I was hoping to accomplish 2 things with this. 1. I was hoping that I could be a little more impartial. 2. I wanted to give the dealer a chance to call me back to fix things. I live a very long distance from the dealership, and I was also drawn to the low prices. I cautioned the saleswoman that I will likely have lots of questions, and will want to see lots of documentation on the car. My first problem was when I ask for the "Initial Inspection Record" that the car should have come in with whenever went through service the first time. This particular vehicle had been in a light accident, so my main concern was that the car had frame damage. The saleswoman assured me that the car had been through service and as per her sales manager the vehicle had the alignment checked during the service. She sent me some paperwork then left for the day. I was asked to speak with Jeff and Scott from this point forward, then started to be bounced between the three. The paperwork that they sent me was not an "inspection", it was just an invoice that the in-house shop had charged them to fix various things that had gone wrong with the car. I was looking for an actual "inspection". On the invoice, the dealership was definitely charged for one. Tire tread depth, Hoses and Clamps, Power steering Fluid level, Brake Fluid level, Oil level - these are the things that I needed to know. I never received this. I finally pulled the CarFaXfor the car on my own to see what the previous owners had done for maintenance while the car was under warranty. The maintenance was spotty at best, so I asked the dealer if they had any other service records, they didn't. I know that there is a proprietary system which dealers can pull - I've heard it called "Subaru Star?" which doesn't report to CarFax, I asked the saleswoman about this, she didn't offer to put me in touch with her service department. So I asked one of my contacts in the Subaru community for help. He was able to look at the car and give the ok, I agreed to buy the car. I booked a non-refundable plane ticket and paid a deposit on the car. I directly requested the alignment sheet on a Wednesday. I became increasingly frustrated as the week went on and finally Saturday morning sent an email stating that I was going to start looking for other cars since I had not received the requested information in a reasonable amount of time. Not even 20 minutes after sending - I received a response with the alignment sheet. However, I was not put at ease. The alignment was 'in spec' but it was not a 'good' alignment by any means. The toe was less than .01 off from being out of spec in several corners. For those that are not technically inclined toe being out of spec is what eats tires. I put in a call to the dealership and asked to speak with the tech. His response was that he had done his job and that unless the used car manager wanted to pay for an alignment I was out of luck. My frustration with the tech was, he had setup the car on the alignment machine - to adjust the toe on the rear of the car is 2 lock nuts and then 2 adjustments to the tie rods. In his eyes, because it would pass an alignment check it was "good enough". After this conversation I had decided against buying the car, I called Scott to get my deposit back. (Still haven't received this) His response was "No problem" in the most condescending tone anyone has ever spoken to me, and he hung up the phone without even trying to figure out what had happened. So, at this point I am shopping for another car - but not another Subaru. Audi A3/A4, Lexus CT, Volvo XC70, Volvo V60, TSX wagon etc. Subaru is not unique to the AWD wagon/crossover market anymore. Net promoter to Detractor in one interaction with this dealership. TLDR - Buy here if you like the price, can handle being patronized and made to feel like the dealer is doing you a favor by selling you a car.