Adventure Subaru

New 888-726-4975
Used 888-246-8283
Service 877-289-0892

All Roads Lead to Adventure

Worst Experience I've had at a dealer in my life.

by from Oklahoma City |

I waited a few days after my transaction with this dealership to write a review. I was hoping to accomplish 2 things with this. 1. I was hoping that I could be a little more impartial. 2. I wanted to give the dealer a chance to call me back to fix things. I live a very long distance from the dealership, and I was also drawn to the low prices. I cautioned the saleswoman that I will likely have lots of questions, and will want to see lots of documentation on the car. My first problem was when I ask for the "Initial Inspection Record" that the car should have come in with whenever went through service the first time. This particular vehicle had been in a light accident, so my main concern was that the car had frame damage. The saleswoman assured me that the car had been through service and as per her sales manager the vehicle had the alignment checked during the service. She sent me some paperwork then left for the day. I was asked to speak with Jeff and Scott from this point forward, then started to be bounced between the three. The paperwork that they sent me was not an "inspection", it was just an invoice that the in-house shop had charged them to fix various things that had gone wrong with the car. I was looking for an actual "inspection". On the invoice, the dealership was definitely charged for one. Tire tread depth, Hoses and Clamps, Power steering Fluid level, Brake Fluid level, Oil level - these are the things that I needed to know. I never received this. I finally pulled the CarFaXfor the car on my own to see what the previous owners had done for maintenance while the car was under warranty. The maintenance was spotty at best, so I asked the dealer if they had any other service records, they didn't. I know that there is a proprietary system which dealers can pull - I've heard it called "Subaru Star?" which doesn't report to CarFax, I asked the saleswoman about this, she didn't offer to put me in touch with her service department. So I asked one of my contacts in the Subaru community for help. He was able to look at the car and give the ok, I agreed to buy the car. I booked a non-refundable plane ticket and paid a deposit on the car. I directly requested the alignment sheet on a Wednesday. I became increasingly frustrated as the week went on and finally Saturday morning sent an email stating that I was going to start looking for other cars since I had not received the requested information in a reasonable amount of time. Not even 20 minutes after sending - I received a response with the alignment sheet. However, I was not put at ease. The alignment was 'in spec' but it was not a 'good' alignment by any means. The toe was less than .01 off from being out of spec in several corners. For those that are not technically inclined toe being out of spec is what eats tires. I put in a call to the dealership and asked to speak with the tech. His response was that he had done his job and that unless the used car manager wanted to pay for an alignment I was out of luck. My frustration with the tech was, he had setup the car on the alignment machine - to adjust the toe on the rear of the car is 2 lock nuts and then 2 adjustments to the tie rods. In his eyes, because it would pass an alignment check it was "good enough". After this conversation I had decided against buying the car, I called Scott to get my deposit back. (Still haven't received this) His response was "No problem" in the most condescending tone anyone has ever spoken to me, and he hung up the phone without even trying to figure out what had happened. So, at this point I am shopping for another car - but not another Subaru. Audi A3/A4, Lexus CT, Volvo XC70, Volvo V60, TSX wagon etc. Subaru is not unique to the AWD wagon/crossover market anymore. Net promoter to Detractor in one interaction with this dealership. TLDR - Buy here if you like the price, can handle being patronized and made to feel like the dealer is doing you a favor by selling you a car.

Very nice used car

by from Wickliffe, Ohio |

I bought a used car from the Adventure Subaru store for my son. The car runs great and the process was very quick. I will buy my next new car at this store.

Awesome service, Chris is the man!

by from Cleveland,OH |

My husband I where in search of a new Subaru Crosstrek last weekend. We where leery to go to Adventure due to the reviews, but, since we needed a car fast we went anyways, Adventure is the only Subaru dealership open on Sundays. From the moment we arrived we felt welcomed. Chris was wonderful and let us drive several cars before deciding on the one we bought. They worked within our budget and got us a great payment on a new Crosstrek. I'm so thrilled with the service we received, they have now gained our loyalty. I asked Chris about the bad reviews and he explained to me that the dealership is now under new management. If you are looking for a new or used Subaru go to Adventure and ask for Chris. Thanks guys for the wonderful experience. I love my Subaru!!!

Will never do business here again

by from Jackson, MS |

This dealership is an embarrassment to the Subaru brand. I bought a used Outback online and upon arrival I had to take it in for $682 of repairs. I literally had the car 6 days before it stopped cranking, and the AC didn't work on the day I got it. Of course I was promised by the salesman that this car was in great condition and needed nothing done. When I asked the GM what could be done, he said I was out of luck that these things can happen. All of this was after it took them 3 weeks to get the car to me after they had my payment. I have not received such disappointing service in a long time and am not one to typically write negative reviews. However, if I were in the market for a Subaru, I would want to know what to expect from this dealership. I will never do business with them again.