Honda of El Cerrito

Used 888-489-7570
Service 866-833-7952

Satisfied Customer

by from Martinez, CA |

Highly professional, quick and straight up honest. Paul was great and the whole team provided helpful friendly assistance.

July 6, 2012

Thanks "PW&MG" for the great posting. Paul sets the bar very high for the rest of his colleagues. I'm glad that your service visit went as planned. This is what I love to hear and share with our Service Advisors. I could not make positive change here at the Dealership without valuable feedback from our loyal clients such as you. I would love to send you a small token of appreciation from us, but will need to verify your "real" name and address in order to do so. You may reply to this message, e-mail me directly at darryl.lavender@hendrickauto.com, or call me at 510-412-6100. Thanks again!

Not acceptable

by from Concord CA |

A front desk lady Christine assured us she was a sales person and a particular car we were interested in was ready to be shown. She went and verified it was on the lot. When we came 45 miles away after a recent car accident, the whole side of the car was practically ripped off. As they say, a fish starts rotting from the head. The manager was polite but took the whole story as a matter of fact. I guess, it happens quite often there. I somewhat wonder if all those high stars are even real...

Bad information

by from Tracy ca |

We were inform about one Acura in stock to be sold. But, when we went there to see after travelling an hour, we came to know the car wasn't in stock. It's just on website not in dealership. Really disappointed by the sales team of this dealership.

March 16, 2013

Thank you "Singh" for your honest and helpful feedback. I apologies that we inconvenienced you and failed to show you what I consider to be our "true face" and best practices. I have spoken to our Business Development Center Manager, JR Rigor, and asked him to reinforce with his staff of professionals that clients MUST be made aware of vehicle availability due to our inventory consisting of the entire Hendrick Automotive Group's inventory and take current client residence into account to avoid this situation from happening; our intention was not to deceive or mislead you. After a bit of researching, this was most likely due to an teammate being rather new to our team and still learning his role and responsibilities. But again that's no excuse and I apologies for experience. We will be better because of your review though and for that, we all thank you.

Even on Saturday

by from El Cerrito, CA |

Even though I had an appointment, the lineup on Saturday was almost enough to send me back home. Finally, after about15 minutes, I was able to get signed in and arrange for a ride back to my house. They called when the car was ready, and promptly sent a car to pick me up. They even washed the car! Best not to come on a Saturday morning, but still not impossible if that's the only option.

February 15, 2013

FANTASTIC "New CRV owner"! Loyal customers such as yourself and your valuable feedback are the secret to our success. I truly appreciate you taking the time to post such a lovely review. If I can ever do anything for you, please call me at my direct line: 510-412-6199. Sincerely, Darryl Lavender, Customer Relations Manager, Honda of El Cerrito

Clean, friendly, caring and 2nd to none.

by from Hercules, California |

We've been coming to Honda of El Cerrito for over 20 years. We bought our first Honda at your old facility on San Pablo Avenue. We have purchased about 7 Hondas since way back. We are very happy with Sales and Service. We know a lot of the Staff like Sylvia from Sales, Ron Maio from service and Mr Dwyer from the old Honda bldg. The service is outstanding and the staff very knowledgeable, friendly, caring and know what they are doing. I will not trade HOC with other dealership. I will keep coming and buying if you guys do not change from your outstanding ways of doing business. Bravo Zulu HOC.

February 15, 2013

WOW Ben! These kind of awesome reviews make our day. We are thrilled that we have made and are keeping you happy. It is customers such as yourself that make us what we are today and also help us to better ourselves. If I can ever do anything for you, please don't hesitate to contact me at my direct line: 510-412-6199. Sincerely, Darryl Lavender, Customer Relations Manager, Honda of El Cerrito

Great service!

by from Richmond, CA |

Began bringing my 1991 Accord for service in 2000. Later purchased a 2003 CRV; then a 2011 Civic; then a 2011 Element. Service staff have been great friends to us over the years - Ron, Michelle, Paul, Wayne, Mel, Shannon, more staff (&Danny too)... and Albert in sales, are always ready to take a call and answer any questions. It is always a pleasure to bring our vehicles in for service.

February 15, 2013

Thanks Linda and Peter! There is nothing more gratifying than seeing such a glowing review mentioning our Service Directors, shuttle driver, sales staff and Danny too. It is feedback from loyal customers like yourselves that make us what and who we are. Please feel free to contact me at my direct line, 510-412-6199, if you ever need assistance for any reason. Sincerely, Darryl Lavender - Customer Relations Manager, Honda of El Cerrito

Professional and friendly

by from El Cerrito,CA |

I have found all the staff at Honda in El Cerrito to be courteous and professional. They provide straight answers and my car is always ready when indicated. While they can be a bit more pricey than some local shops they know the Honda-made cars and are very reliable. I would recommend them.

December 28, 2012

Thanks so much for the awesome review. We truly appreciate our loyal customers and their invaluable feedback. I'd like to send you a toke of appreciation, but I have two "K. White's" who live in El Cerrito in my system. Could you verify your mailing address for me please. Thanks and Happy New Year, Darryl Lavender

Pretty darn good for a car dealer

by from Berkeley, CA |

I had a few qualms with the purchase of my car. It's a Fit and I found an online special for the car via this dealer. Unfortunately, the car wasn't in stock. It wasn't in stock anywhere. The salesman found one near Yosemite. I had to pay for its pick up AND I didn't get the advertised deal. It's not a high price vehicle, so I paid the full price without too much complaint, especially since the answer was an adamant NO, rather than a "lets see if the sales manager will talk this over". The customer service is outstanding. The woman who wrote up the sales contract was friendly and explained everything well. The guy who checked out the car and showed me how to use it was very kind and thorough. The shuttle drivers have been entertaining and the service counselors have been great too. One minor complaint is that they are ALWAYS busy. Despite making a repair appointment, I always have to wait to drop off my car for servicing. That said, the dealership serves coffee and has wireless internet available, so passing the time isn't as horrible as it could be. I just wish I could drop off my car when I have an appointment time without too long of a wait.

December 28, 2012

Thanks "Tsigeyusv" for the posting and very useful feedback. We appreciate our loyal customers' and their opinions a great deal. You'll be glad to hear that we are adding an additional Service Advisor come the first of the year which we hope will help to alleviate that "Check-in" backup. I will need to verify your "real" name in order to send you a small token of appreciation. Thanks again, Darryl Lavender

Quick cheerful service

by from Berkeley CA |

We had to get a new key made and prograammed and it was all done quickly and cheerfully -- and ended up costing less than we thought!

December 8, 2012

Thanks Marian for the great feedback. I'm glad that we were able to get you in and out quickly and at less than you expected. I'd love to send you a small token of appreciate, but will need to verify your "real" name and address in order to do so. You may respond to this posting, e-mail me directly at darryl.lavender@hendrickauto.com or call me at 510-412-6100.

Great service, friendly, courteous staff

by from Albany, CA |

I just got my civic serviced at Honda of El Cerrito. My car is running great, just like new. Paul, and Durell were very helpful in processing my coupons and getting me the appropriate service, and the shuttle bus made the whole experience very convenient.

December 28, 2012

Thanks "Albany Honda Driver" for the invaluable feedback. We appreciate our loyal customers and their opinions a great deal. I'd like to send you a small token of appreciation, but need to verify your "real" name and address. Thanks, Darryl Lavender

Excellent service!!!

by from Richmond, CA |

I brought my car in for the oil change. Turnaround time was quick. Staff is friendly and helpful.

December 8, 2012

Thanks Miriam for the great feedback. I appreciate it so very much and am glad that we were able to exceed your expectations. In the coming week, I will be sending you a small token of appreciation. Thanks again!