International Subaru of Merrillville

Used 888-480-5439
Service 877-398-8366

Outstanding Experience!

by from Crown Point, IN |

I have bought one Subaru previously from this dealer. Both experiences have been outstanding! I also bring my Subaru's here for service and the level of work is superb! I highly recommend International Subaru of Merrillville!

Loyal Subaru Owners

by from Lansing, Il |

This is the 9th Subaru we have purchased in the past 13 years. We are loyal Subaru owners. We love the safety, reliability, and service we receive. The cars are economical to drive and terrific in the inclement weather. We would not own any other car. The sales staff at Subaru of Merrillville is friendly and accommodating. Our overall experience with this dealership is stellar.

Great Customer Service

by from Crete, IL |

Great customer service. Friendly and knowledgeable salespeople. Jerred was excellent for new salesperson and Rick was informative and knowledgeable. We never felt pressured!

Rick was great!

by from Crete Il |

I was in service getting an oil change thinking about upgrading my Crosstrek. Rick was great! I told him what I wanted and how much I could spend. He met me there quickly. Everyone was great.

Brand New Car

by from Crown Point, IN |

We visited the dealership last night for a test drive. We got the information we needed and the staff was glad to allow us the evening to do our research to be sure the car was right for us. We even set an appointment for the next day. Although the dealership was very busy on a Saturday, we were able to test drive a second model (different car) which was the one we bought. All of the employees were very informative without being overly pushy. They were willing to work with our required budget and able to get us into a Brand New Car. 4 stars for a 5 star dealership....everyone can improve a little.

Car Purchase

by from Schererville, IN |

Purchasing a car from Subaru of Merrillville was a smooth experience. Our salesman, Joe Amore, answered all of our concerns. He pointed out features of the car from the engine, dashboard, and hatch to help our decision making. Joe was easy to work with and we would recommend him to anyone.

Easiest car buying experience ever!

by from West Layfayette, IN |

Easiest car buying experience ever! Customer service was great. Easy financing with great terms. This is the epitome of what a car dealership should be. We will be back.

Thomas, Glad we could help. Thank you Bob Winland Sales Manager

Highly recommend.

by from Danville, Ill |

Thomas is a great person to deal. I purchased a Forester from him and would recommend him to anyone.

Thank you Ramona! Bob Winland Sales Manager

Fantastic experience!

by from Highland, IN |

My experience was fantastic! Thomas is an excellent salesman. His knowledge of the cars is extensive and he is very personable and courteous. You can tell he loves his product.

Thank you Lisanne! We appreciate your business. Bob Winland Sales manager

WORSE experience ever...

by from Hoopeston, IL |

Found a great car at this dealership for my wife. Emailed and let them know i would be using Capital One Auto Finance, that i was already pre-approved for, and what I had for a down payment, hoping to speed up the process. Drove 100 miles to the dealer and test drove it and we loved it... Then we're told that they don't accept Capital One Auto Finance (what?!?! They're even listed on Capital One's website!!!) and that we had to fill out their lenders applications instead! When i asked why we weren't told of this earlier (200 miles round trip is a long way on a school night with the kids), I was told that the person I had been in contact with was new... Then, to make matters even worse, the finance officer laughed at me and accused me of presenting a "fake" approval letter!!! What where they trying to accuse me of??? I was LIVID!!! I called Capital One Auto Finance immediately after leaving and explained what we had been through and asked why, if this company does not accept financing from them, are they still listed as an "eligible dealer", and was told they had no record of such a change. Hmmm...

March 18, 2015

Mr. Stevens, I am the new sales manager here at Subaru of Merrillvile since mid February. I am sorry to read that you had a bad experience here. Capital One did have an agreement with Subaru of Merrillville prior to International Auto group buying the store. Unfortunately keeping the name the same created some confusion. If there is ever anything I can do for you in regards to the car you purchased from us please let me know. Bob Winland Sales manager