Downtown Toyota-Subaru of Oakland

4145 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94611

New 877-856-2741
Used 877-468-2599
Service 888-537-0524

Come for the Service. Stay for the neighborhood.

pleasant experience

by from Pittsburg, CA |

Not sure why this place got bad reviews but my husband and I saw a car on cars.com, emailed about it, the salesperson called back--we went down to the dealership, test drove the vehicle and viola in about 2 hours later we drove off with our new (used) car! The sales person was very nice...honestly I didn't try to bargain as the car was within the blue book value range. Our finance Manager David was the very nice although I honestly think that he could have gotten me a better interest rate. Joe Testa was our salesperson and he was friendly cool and honest. Probably the smoothest car buying experience I've ever had.

Stay Away!!

by from Richmond, CA |

This place was just terrible. I can't believe I actually went through with the sale! The owner/manager was extremely pushy and rude. After I bought my used car (because I found one decent salesperson), I found a lot of things wrong with it. They were mostly covered by the extended warranty, but it took a lot of time and trouble to get them fixed, and it's stuff that should have been done before the car was sold. I was almost relieved when the warranty expired and I didn't have to go there ever again. I tried to contact them to ask about a particular service and whether it was done, and despite 3-4 phone calls, was never called back. I just got back online searching for a used Prius, and even though this place has them all, I will NEVER go back there!

Horrible Customer Service in Sales

by from Berkeley, CA |

If you value customer service when purchasing a car, I would highly recommend NOT buying a car from Downtown Oakland Subaru. We recently purchased a Subaru Outback from them and are extremely unhappy with the customer service. We added 2 options to our base Outback- Bluetooth and the Media Hub. They installed the Media Hub but did not install the Bluetooth for phone calls. We did not realize this until after we had driven the car home (we did not receive a proper walk through on the car) and when we explained the situation, the salesman, Jan James, did not want to accept any responsibility. Instead, he said he would do us the favor and install it for a great price: $395 (it retails for $399 on the Subaru website). We told him that we had already purchased this option, but he said he gave us the Media Hub w/ Bluetooth streaming (which only allows music, not phone calls). After arguing back and forth we were told the manager would call us. We never heard from the manager and when we called the next day, we were told he would call us back in 5 minutes. Of course that never happened. Subaru makes a great car. And the Outback is pretty impressive. But there are many other places to buy a Subaru. Downtown Oakland Subaru does not have exceptional prices and if you are looking for any semblance of customer service, and not just an aggressive salesman, then you should look elsewhere. I will say that everyone else there, John in sales and Rylan in service, were very helpful. My family has owned 3 Subarus in the past, so clearly we like the cars. But, my wife and I will never shop at Downtown Oakland Subaru again and we hope you can learn from our frustrating experience.

Bad experience overall

by from Oakland, CA |

Find your way in this messy establishment- search for someone to attend you and they might think about explaining about a vehicle you are interested in