Honda of Oakland

Service 877-634-2147

Your Bay Area Honda Dealer

Glad I made the drive

by from Mill Valley, CA |

I shopped at a couple of dealerships and requested a quote at Honda.com and Glenn Scheffer responded with a very good price. I drove from Marin to Oakland and Glenn was excellent. He is very knowledgeable and low key. He was easy to negotiate with and we reached a deal I felt was fair. The whole process was very pleasant. About 3 hours after I arrive, Glenn gave me a thorough tutorial on the features of my Honda Civic SI and I I drove home in my new car.

good value for the mney

by from walnut creek, ca |

I requested quotes from 7 dealerships and chose this dealership based on the quoted price. Sheldon made it a a great experience. He responded quickly to my email requesting a quote, came in about $1,300 less than the highest quote, and patiently ensured that we understand how to use the CRV features. His service extends past the sales and he is available should we need help or have questions. He went the extra mile in helping us and providing value for our money and made it a very fun experience. Without reservation, I would refer my friends and family to Sheldon Greenberg and buy future cars from him. His contact information is below. Sheldon Greenberg Internet Director Desk: 510.420.9200 Fax: 510.547.0528 Honda of Oakland 3330 Broadway Oakland, CA 94611 email: sgreenberg.hondaoakland @gs.reyrey.com

Honda CRV

by from Clovis, CA |

We live in the Central Valley, and drove to Oakland because we saved $2000. We used the website, and got a bid, secured the car with a credit card, and showed up 9am Sat morning. The car was prepped and waiting for us. This was the easiest new car experience we've ever had. We love our new car!,

Great service - great facility and great staff

by from Oakland, CA |

I purchased a new CRV yesterday and worked with Sheldon for the sale and Angel for the closing. Both men were extremely professional and helpful. This is my 4th Honda from your dealership and everyone I have dealt with has been great. Your service department is second to none. Great work - keep it up. Your sales floor and service department are always neat and clean.

Trading old-upgrading for economy

by from Oakland, CA |

Isaac, Contad & Angel made the process easy by treating me with respect and dignity! Each had a gift of professionalism. A sensitivity towards my dog has reinforced my return as a customer.

It Fits!

by from Oakland |

Omg I bought a car! Jenny, Sheldon and Angel were all very easy to talk to and helpful.

Consistenly Excellent!

by from Hayward, CA |

I recently purchased a new Honda Accord Ex at the Oakland, CA. Honda Facility. (this is my 4th new Honda Accord purchase) I have never been disappointed with the reliability of the Honda. The employees of Honda, whether in Sales or Repair are always polite, professional and go out of their way to make sure you are a happy customer!

Customer Care

by from Foster City, CA |

Initially, I was quite impressed with the e-mail follow up to a phone quote in response to my internet inquiry as to the out-the-door price of the Accord SE. I had spoken w/Sheldon on Tuesday morning (6/26) prior to taking BART to the station where he would pick me up. Upon returning to the dealership w/him, he told me that "my" car was coming from San Bruno and wasn't at their facility yet. I waited quite a long time before the car arrived--Sheldon kept assuring me that it would be arriving soon. Didn't keep track of the time but I know it went well beyond a reasonal time it would have taken to get to their location from San Bruno even in a lot of traffic. I wasn't even offered a glass of water for the inconvenience. I had just brought some snacks w/me which did not suffice as a substitute for lunch. My fault that I didn't ask for a place close by where I could get lunch. Once they had all the paperwork lined up, they wanted me to fill in and sign all the necessary paperwork--the car wasn't even there yet so I told them I'd wait until the car arrived. The process went rather smoothly with their finance person, Angel, until we got to the optional warranty policy. He knew I was very reluctant to purchase same but continued to pressure me giving me discounts for "this & that" & using examples as to why this was a good idea. I finally caved because I just wanted to get out of there-mea culpa. Sheldon, for his part, was very detailed and helpful in explaning the features of the car for which I commend him. All said & done, I would have waited until today, the 27th, if I had known that the car wasn't at the dealership. In summation, it was not a pleasant experience. When you're spending that kind of money, you'd like to come away w/a positive attitude. Not feeling very positive right now.

Honda of Oakland responded to this review

July 6, 2012

Peggy, At Honda of Oakland we try to go out of our way to provide our customers with an exceptional car buying experience. That is why it was so disheartening to read your recent review. I am sorry that you had to wait so long at our facility to receive your new Honda. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so we can discuss your experience and hopefully come to a resolution. I can be reached at 510-420-9201. I hope we haven't lost the chance to earn back your trust. Sincerely, Todd King General Manager

Didn't think it could be this easy

by from Sacramento, CA |

Hands down the best car buying experience I ever had. We came from about 100 miles away, they picked us up at the train station (in the car I wanted - might as well get the test drive out of the way) and less than an hour later, we were back on the road again. The service by everybody we encountered during the process was exceptional - no "stereo typical" car dealers here! Appreciate that they actually answer e-mails within hours vs. days or not at all as I experienced with several other dealers. If you're going to offer live chat, HAVE SOMEBODY AT THE OTHER END! Very efficient, professional, beautiful facility, even filled the gas tank all the way. I would give them 10 stars if I could. Highly recommend this place.

Honda

by from Oakland CA |

I'm looking for a quality car and I spoke with Alex Sanchez and he was very helpful. So helpful, I will be meeting with him next week so I can purchase a car.

Did not deliver

by from Sacramento |

I was coming from out of town 1 1/2 hours. I was promised a "clean car" to come by and see. They told me it was going to be detailed when I got there because they just got it in 2 days ago. We made trek and the car had stains all over the upholstery and floor, trash inside, too. Not to mention that there was a big dent in the roof and minor scratches all over it. Over the phone, they said it was "clean." Not sure about what they think "clean" means, but I sure felt grimy and grungy leaving the dealership. A lot of drive with little follow through on their part. Buyer beware, just a dealership to take your money! Didn't seem honest in the least.

Honda of Oakland responded to this review

February 28, 2012

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your experience with Honda of Oakland. In researching this, I believe what happened, was a misunderstanding on the part of our salesperson. For that we apologize. Our salesperson was under the impression that the vehicle was in our detail department, at the time you called and scheduled to be out during that day and unfortunately that was not the case. Please let me know that the vehicle was sent to our detail department prior to your taking delivery.