Rock Auto KC

7805 E Frontage Rd, Overland Park, KS 66204

Don't purchase from MO

by from Kansas City, MO |

I had about the same experience as Kevin & Briana. Purchase was quick and for the most part hassle free. However, once I left the lot, customer service went out the window. I am from Missouri, and to avoid penalty need the title within 30 days. It took them 57 days to get me the title. After that I had to take off work, to avoid further penalties. I had to call several times over the course of a month and half, to which I hardly ever received a call back from them. Every time I spoke with them it was a different excuse on why they didn?t have the title or they would be looking into it. They did end up giving me money to pay for the penalty. It is absolutely not worth the stress to have to deal with them.

Toyota Camry engine went out

by from overland park, kansas |

They failed to tell me the engine burned oil really fast. Had to replace engine

Customer Service was non-existent after purchasing

by from Kansas City, MO |

We initially had a fantastic car buying experience at Rock Auto KC. They made the process very smooth and fast. Unfortunately our good experience did not continue. They knew we lived in Missouri and needed our title within 30 days so as not to receive penalties. We called/emailed them over 10 times in the first two months that we did not receive our title and received many excuses or "we'll look into it" but never heard back. Once our 60 day tag was expired we called again and asked for a title. Jonathan's response was sending a blank email with a new 60 day tag! It ended up taking Rock Auto over 90 days to send us a title to which they assured us that they would pay our penalty fees - they have not. We have again tried calling, texting, emailing to no avail. Our phone calls and emails are not returned. The one time we were able to get a hold of Jonathan he said he would mail a check right away. That never happened. It has been 8 months since we purchased our car at Rock Auto and it has been the most stressful experience we've ever had. I would rather purchase at a responsible dealership where I know I won't be getting scammed and won't have to do so much followup to make sure they do their job. Terrible experience, completely lost our recommendation and unfortunately am not able to delete the 5 star review that I originally gave them.

Saab 9-2x Aero

by from Easton, IL |

My son and I drove 5 1/2 hours (one way) to purchase a car from this dealership for my son's first vehicle. We had already agreed on a price with Jonathon prior to the trip. The car was represented well by the dealerships website and met all our expectations. We did observe a small exhaust leak (pinhole in intermediate pipe) and were able to renegotiate the price. Took a little longer to receive the title than I would have liked, but overall it was a pleasurable purchasing experience. No pressure, clean facility, friendly and knowledegable staff. Would definitely purchase from them again in the future.

Buy Your Next Car Here!

by from Arkansas City, KS |

Jonathan and Austin were fantastic people to work with. With the used car industry having a shady undertone, these guys play by the book and are more than fair with their pricing. If you are considering buying a used car, your first stop should be at Rock Auto KC!

The best buying experience we have ever had!

by from Kansas City, MO |

Our entire experience with Rock Auto KC was amazing. We have been to other car dealerships where we were hassled and stalked. This was not the case at Rock Auto. It was a pleasant experience all around and Ahmad was very accommodating. Once we decided to purchase a vehicle it took no more than 10 minutes to fill out the paperwork and there were no added fees or expenses. Ahmad was straightforward and made our car buying experience the easiest and best! Thank you Rock Auto KC! We are recommending you to everyone and we will be back to purchase in the future!

2008 Honda EX

by from Kansas City, Mo |

Dealer was very helpful. Walked me thru the buying process step by step. I have already educated and advised a few friends/co-workers look into Rock Auto when purchasing a new vehicle.

Toyota Tundra

by from Palmer, Nebraska |

I happened to come upon Rock Auto KC while searching for a truck online. I live 5 hours away from KC so I did my research before hopping in the car and visiting. The reviews were almost too good to be true so I was skeptical at first. I called and talked to Ahmad who was very friendly, straight forward, and honest. He told me about the vehicle i was interested in and also about the few imperfections with it as well. When I arrived, the truck was just like how he described it. Even after taking it to a repair shop to have it inspected, there were only minute details that would need to be addressed down the road. I really didn't even feel the need to haggle. The truck was worth every bit of the price they wanted. Also, there were no extra fees tacked on at the end. You pay what is on the windshield and no more! I have to say, I was very impressed with the quality and prices of the rest of his inventory as well. If I was in the market for an import, I would definitely consider going with Rock Auto KC again.

Great service

by from Kansas City, MO |

Great service! Ahmad was very nice! He was very patient and waited for us to close the deal even though people from out of state wanted to look at the same car. I'm very pleased. He made the whole process easier. Would definitely recommend this dealership!

No pressure dealership with a nice selection

by from Kansas City, MO |

Visited Rock Auto a couple times looking at a Diesel Jeep Liberty that they had for sale. They don't work with any banks for financing but they had recommendations on where I should go for the best rate. I found a few small things wrong with the jeep but opted to buy it as is for a lower price. Overall I'm very happy with the purchase and would definitely go there again.