Merced Toyota

1400 Auto Center Dr, Merced, CA 95340

Service Customer

by from Merced Ca |

I bought my 08 4runner new here. The staff is great. My family will be in the market for another suv in January and we will be shopping with Merced Toyota.

December 12, 2013

Hello, I'd like to take a moment and thank you for your compliments. We strive to do our best for our customers. Feel free to see me personally and I'd be happy to set up your next purchase. Best regards, Mike

Experience and Service

by from Central Valley |

I have had the most unsatisfactory and unacceptable service experiences at Merced Toyota. From the buying experience to the routine vehicle services, I'm still questioning why I purchased a vehicle from here. It all started when I purchased my vehicle. By the time we visited the finance manager to sign paperwork, our monthly payment had an extra $7 added to the overall negotiated payment. That was an immediate red flag, and I'm glad my wife caught it. Since it was the make/model vehicle I wanted with the upgrades I was looking for, and it was in the area, I disregarded the "accident." My other experiences occurred with my routine oil changes provided by Toyota Care. The 5,000 mile service took about 30 minutes longer than what we were told, but I wasn't too bothered because we were visiting family in the area. The 10,000 mile service was the absolute worst. I showed up at my scheduled appointment time and had to wait nearly 15 minutes before they could check me in. From there, the service took nearly 2 hours longer than the time we were told when the vehicle would be ready. Eventually, we saw that the vehicle was in the parking area for pick-up, but we were not called for 30 minutes. Finally, we complained to the service desk, and we were able to get our keys. The next day, I received a call from the service manager, Rob, and he was very apologetic. He also offered a free car wash during our next service visit. Well, I came in for my 15,000 mile service, and I will never go back. I scheduled my appointment bright and early so that I could get in first. As I'm checking in my vehicle, I mentioned to the Assistant Service Manager that it took a long time during our last visit, and Rob offered a car wash for the trouble. He told me that they were short staffed so he probably couldn't give me a car wash, and he said it would take 1 -1.5 hours for the service. After 2.5 hours, my car hadn't even made it into the service center. I politely asked for my keys back and inquired to what was going on. I saw several people that came in after me get their cars serviced and left while I waited. I was told that they were short staffed, and they would get me right in. I declined and left without my service. Maybe I was put in the back of the line because it was considered a "drop off" as I walked to get breakfast down the street? Overall, it was totally unacceptable, and I will never recommend, encourage, or promote my family, friends, and colleagues to visit or buy from Merced Toyota. As a business leader that provides service to my customers, I know how important it is to value quality, communication, and time. Integrity is at stake, and it is important to stick to your word and communicate. If I were told a legitimate time for the services or that it would take longer than expected for the services, I would not be writing this right now. Below I see a lot of bad reviews and responses from the general manager and service manager. You guys really need to do something about this. Too many salesmen sitting around and not enough service staff. Invest that labor into service so happy customers can recommend more people to buy from Merced Toyota.

Merced Toyota

by from Merced |

Monica helped me pick my car. She was great! A 2015 Toyota Corolla and I love it.

October 17, 2015

We appreciate you taking time to leave us a great review! We are pleased to hear Monica did a great job in assisting you to pick up a car of your choice. Congratulations to your 2015 Toyota Corolla. If there is anything else we can do for you please don't hesitate to give us a call! Kind regards, Dan Ngo - General Sales Manager - danngo@mercedtoyota.com

Great Service - Great Customer Service Reps!

by from Merced, Ca. |

Brooke is very helpful and works fast. She is honest sincere and direct. It's a pleasure to work with her. Of course, Rob Hampton does a super job too! I have bought at least 8 Toyotas from Merced Toyota - your customer service is excellent! - That's one of the reasons I am loyal to Merced Toyota!

May 5, 2015

Lloyd, first I would like to thank you for your loyalty to our dealership. Secondly, thanks for taking the time to write this review. Brooke and Rob's sales excellence is always consistent and I'm glad that your experience with him supports that. We aim to turn every person that visits us into a repeat customer. Please continue to visit us whenever you have questions, and we'll continue to provide great service! Best regards, Mike Rutherfor

Very poor service

by from Merced CA |

I went for an oil change and inspection. Merced Toyota refused to follow the terms of the warranty. The warranty expired on 1/7/15. I showed up on 1/6/15. I was told to bring the car on the first available date, 1/10/15, which I did. The fact that 1/10/15 was after 1/7/15 would not be a problem, I was told. I showed up on 1/10/15 and another employee at first wanted to charge me for the oil change and inspection, $49. I explained to him I followed the terms of the warranty and showed up with my car on 1/6/15. That didn't seem to make any difference to him. He checked with a supervisor, who said go ahead and work on the car. Eventually, I got an inspection but no oil change, even though the paperwork I was given said in part "replaced engine oil and filter." "That was a mistake," the employee told me when I brought the car back. I showed the employee the email I received from Toyota Corp that said I was entitled to a free oil change, oil filter, tire rotation, and inspection with the deadline of 1/7/15. The employee did not want to read the email. The kindest thing to say is Merced Toyota employees were negligent. Very shady operation in general. I have heard about its reputation but was prepared to make up my own mind. Now that the warranty on the free oil change has expired, what should I do? Go pay for one myself, I suppose. If the principal, Toyota Corp., promises customers of new cars a free oil change at 20,000 miles or by 1/7/15, its agent, Merced Toyota, is legally bound by that representation. My advice is to stay as far away from Merced Toyota as possible. If what happened to me is indicative of the way it treats customers, watch out.

5 Hour Oil Change???

by from Merced, CA |

I brought my Prius to get an oil change. I decided to give Merced Toyota Service department a shot instead of the usual independent shop I regularly use. I dropped off my car and was told that the service would take 2 hours. I didn't get my car back until 5 hours later. Every time I asked for a status I was told they would get around to it soon. The people at the service department don't seem to value their customers. When I finally got my key back there was no apology for the lengthy wait I had to endure. It's not worth the free oil change I get as part of my Toyota Care package. I would gladly pay $25 to get timely service. What's the point of having an appointment system if they take 3-4 hours before they start working on your car??? I learned my lesson and will NEVER take my car back to Merced Toyota again!

June 23, 2014

Hello Sir or Mam as we cannot identify from your review who we are speaking with. First, I would like to apologize for your experience. We would certainly like to make it up to you and to discuss your experience as this is not something that normally happens here. Please give me a call at (209) 580-1033 and I will handle your situation personally. Thank you, Mitch Frisk Service Manager

Very elegant nice facility

by from Merced, California |

Came to get service on my Toyota corolla, this location is very nice, clean and very we'll managed. The service was great and very timely.

December 24, 2013

Thank you for visiting our dealership and for your very kind comments. Happy Holidays, Mike

Great service

by from Chowchilla, ca |

Great service from Rob! Always helpful.. I never have any issues when I come here.

December 13, 2013

Hi Teresa, Thanks a lot for the nice comments. Let me know if there is ever anything that I can do for you. Happy Holidays, Mike

Satisfaction

by from Merced, CA |

I stopped to look. I spoke with salesrep and indicated that we were just looking. Went back on following week and looked again. Spoke as to price and then left. I felt that we were too far apart on price. Two weeks later I was called as to purchase price and two hours later drove off with new car. Not pushed and once the negotiations were over it was a breeze. One problem with new vehicle that was taken care of after part was ordered. Car has been serviced there and the only complaint that I can think of is: It was supposed to be washed (exterior only) and it wasn't. But they were busy. Maybe there is a difference between buying new as opposed to a used vehicle but I certainly could not tell. My wife is happy with her car and I could tell you a story about another dealership down the street but suffice it to say that I drove to Walnut Creek to buy my car! I usually feel that buying a car is comparable to a root canal but if you have information you are in the driver's seat and not at their mercy.

May 23, 2013

Thanks for taking time out of your day to leave feedback and let us know how we are doing. We strive to have the best customer service in the business, and I am happy to know that our goal was reflected through your experience with us. It is great to hear that our team gave you a pleasant car-shopping experience too. It is a point of pride that we do everything we can to support our customers during their time at our dealership. If you have any questions or need anything else, just let us know. We are always willing to help in any way we can. To stay informed on exclusive deals and updates from the dealership, check out our Facebook page and Twitter feed. Regards, Mike Rutherford Merced Toyota

Not men of honor

by from Fresno. Ca |

We talked over the phone and via email and had agreed on a price. My daughter had already had the cashiers check made out to Merced Toyoya only to be called while driving to Merced that they had sold the vechicle. Sad.

September 12, 2013

Unfortunately the car was sold prior to this customer arriving. The vehicle was advertised in multiple publications and somebody else arrived first. Not selling it would have been unethical and illegal. A phone call was immediately placed to this customer to save them a trip. In fact, their message alludes to this fact. What else could we have done?