Tracy Ford

(2.0) 4 Reviews

3500 Auto Plaza Way, Tracy, CA 95304

Great selection; HORRIBLE treatment of customers

by from tracy, ca |

***FYI: even though they have the BBB logo on their site, they are NOT an accredited business. Go check out all the complaints there too before you buy from them.*** I bought my car in 2009 when it was Stan Morri Ford, and I had the best experience. HOWEVER, a few years ago, the dealership changed ownership and has gone downhill FAST. I have been taking my car there for service for years, and the experience there has been mostly fine. My issue is with sales. Looking about a month ago, we checked out the Fusion. After asking if the dealership was part of the Costco program, the sales associate said no. Then this large man - a manager named ED- came over - he pretty much insinuated the poor sales guy was lying. Ed looked us right in the eyes, said they were in the Costco auto program. I didn't like the way he treated his employee or talked to us; as we were just looking at the time, we left. Come to find out - Ed lied - according to Costco, they are NOT part of the program. And according to another dealership, Costco refused to work with them any more because of their shady business dealings. Fast forward to this past Labor Day weekend. We go there again seriously thinking about getting the Fusion, as well as extremely interested in the Escape - that's right: 2 cars. They do have a good selection of cars on their lot. We start talking numbers when big ED comes over AGAIN and spends five minutes talking numbers on a competitor's car. What the heck??? I thought we were here to talk about the Fusion. He spent the next ten minutes being VERY condescending, talking to us like we were children. When we were told there were no deals or incentives for the 2014 model, we said,"Well, why are we here?" Ed, then replied, in an extremely rude tone, "I don't know - why are you." I have NEVER been talked to in such a rude, condescending way. I will now drive OUT of my way to go to a different dealership who will treat us with the respect we deserve, ESPECIALLY when spending tens of thousands of my hard-earned dollars. PS. We went next door to Toyota and were treated well - got ourselves a great Camry. Now debating about the Ford Escape - I certainly hope this treatment is not indicative of the direction Ford is going with their sales.

BEWARE OF CARS NOT TRULY FOR SALE

by from DELHI, CA |

Called at 8:00 AM for car just listed on site. No one there until 9:00 AM. When called back could not tell me the miles on the car even though I had the stock # in the ad. Had to call me back. When called back car had been sold two days ago for $2000 more than listed on the add. Why advertise a sold car for less than were willing to sell for. YOU BE THE JUDGE.

exelent service

by from san joseca |

excellent service very friendly all the vendors, I really liked the service.

Tracy Ford- AVOID at all costs

by from Tracy, Ca |

I wish I could give this place 0 stars. On July 17, we dropped off our 150 due to a ervice enginelight. Later that day we were told the catalytic converter needed to be replaced and was under warranty. He said it was ordered and the truck would be ready on the 20th. On the 20th we were told it would be ready on the 23rd. On the 23rd, we were told it SHOULD be ready on the 27. We were eventually told the part had NOT been ordered because the supplier was out?! Why had they given me three dates it would be ready then? After being given the runaround, I called Detroit (several times) and they found a cat converter two hours away! Tracy Ford told me they would have to drive it 50 miles to ensure the service engine light reset. They said they would also have to do a cold start the next morning at 7:00am when they opened and would call us when it was ready. They finally called at 7:46 and my wife went down to get it. The service manager had left (we heard that MANY times during the ordeal). The car rental that Tracy Ford had said they would cover was a whole different nightmare so I understand why other reviewers mentioned problems between Tracy Ford and car rental agencies. The final insult added to injury (I hope) is that the service manager PROMISED my wife that he had personally ensured that I would never hear from them again. After two e-mails and a phone call from them, I assume the ordeal is not over yet. My advice is to avoid Tracy Ford like the plague. I hope this is not the direction Ford Motor Company is heading.