Tracy Honda

3450 Auto Plaza Way, Tracy, CA 95304

New 888-580-5654
Used 888-575-9337
Service 888-253-9691

Five times PRESIDENTS Award WINNER!!

Best Service and Experience EVER!!!

by from merced ca |

I have been purchasing cars for over 20 years. and this has been honestly the best car buying experience ever. James Herren was extremely helpful, haggle free. I will recommend Tracy Honda each and every time!!

Great Experience for a First time buyer!

by from Stockton, Ca |

I would recommend Tracy Honda to anyone. Excellent service, especially to Randy Yuson who helps me go through the process. Bought my first car, honda civic lx 2015. He knows what he's doing and is very friendly!

Brand new car

by from TRACY CA |

I just bought a new car and they gave it to me dirty with rust marks on the paint. I took it back for detail and it was the same. Very bad work in the Service Department.

Excellent customer service

by from Santa Cruz, CA |

I got a used Accord at Tracy Honda this past Saturday. I found the car on-line and I spoke to James Harren on the phone to get as much detail on it as I could before I drove almost 100 miles to Tracy for a test-drive. James was very helpful and he even put a reservation on the car, so that it doesn't get sold to another customer while I drive. When in Tracy, James showed me all the bells and whistles of the car (this is my first Honda) and he even helped me estimate maintenance cost on the car for the next 30K miles. After we agreed on the deal the process slowed down a bit as the dealership was busy (it was President's Day weekend after all). My overall impression of the dealership was very positive, all areas were nice and clean and people were nice and forthcoming. I feel like it will be worth the drive to get my next car here again.

Poor Customer Service

by from Stockton, CA |

James Herren. He cannot even pretend to be civilized person even on email. He communicates like a 10 year old child. I gave him a competitor's quote and asked him if he could beat it. Simple question...right? No. He says I am lying. He kept insisting I am lying until I gave him stock number of the other person. Avoid this dealership. I went with my friend few years ago, and when we didn't buy the car from them they had the audacity to say "Thanks for wasting our time". Losers work at this place...THANK GOD I didn't have to face these people and stopped the communication in the email.

Worst experience ever!

by from Lafayette, CA |

Here's our nightmare experience with this dealership: We found a vehicle online, and make an appointment to see it. BEFORE making the trip all the way from the East Bay to Tracy, we called James Herren, and spoke with him that day, to confirm that the vehicle was there. He assured us it was, and we drove down to see it. Upon arrival, we were shocked to discover that NO, the car was not there! James told us "this happens all the time" and that "he can't control when a vendor takes a vehicle out for repairs." So much for our confirmation call an hour beforehand, when he assured us the vehicle was available for a test drive. Apparently, it had not been on the lot, as it was at a body shop getting a new bumper. We were told that it would take 40 minutes to get the car back to the dealership. We waited, and watched as customer after customer was either ignored, or left waiting. In the short time we were there, we witnessed 2 incidents where customers came in to complain. The lack of customer service at this dealership was so bad, it almost seemed like someone was playing a practical joke on us. Seriously, we were amazed at how poorly it was run. James told us he was the manager, and this told us all we needed to know. Nobody took ownership of our situation. Nobody cared that we drove all the way there. Nobody shook our hand. Nobody asked if we wanted to see another car. Nobody apologized when it took OVER AN HOUR for the vehicle to be brought back to the dealership so we could view it. Then comes the best part: when the car finally arrived back on the lot for a test drive, it was disgusting! The interior was absolutely filthy. Stains on the seats, and a really bad "fishy" smell in the car. James gave us ALL of the following reasons for the filth, during our test drive: 1. He said the vehicle was sitting on the lot for 45 days before we arrived. 2. He said they generally don't clean the cars, since "customers are using them for test drives, and they will get dirty anyhow." 3. As for the stains on the seats, he shifted gears (no pun intended) and told us they HAD already tried to steam the stains out of the seats. See item #2, as this is a direct contradiction. Weird. Adding insult to injury, the car was almost out of gas as we were driving it. So there was no way we would take it very far. I am amazed that this dealership stays in business. What an absolute nightmare. Sad part is, we really really wanted to buy a car that day. Came to the dealership pre-approved, and with a heft downpayment, just hoping to leave with a vehicle. Never going back there again.

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS DEALERSHIP!!!! GO ELSE WHERE!

by from Antioch, CA |

If I could them 0 stars I would. The Manager "Sonny" is very unprofessional and basically said "they will rip people off as long as they get their sales" his customer service skills are very poor and he does not know how to talk to customers. Everyone reading this considering to buy a car from this dealership go ELSE WERE!!! They do not care about what you want all they care about is their commision/ sales. I am working on a very big complaint to corporate on how Sonny treated me.

Tracy Honda responded to this review

September 25, 2014

Shelly, I appreciate the time you took to write a review as time is scarce these days. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with Sonny. That's very surprising as Sonny has been a Sales Manager in our store for several years and has never had a complaint lodged against him. Please feel free to reach out to me if you want to discuss your situation further.

Chad Watts

by from Ukiah CA |

I drove from Ukiah to Tracy today to see about a Honda. I've been shopping for a 6 speed manual Accord. I found one at Tracy Honda. I didn't want to drive from Ukiah, but I'm glad I did. Chad Watts did the job! Absolutely zero pressure deal. I recommend this guy & dealership to those in the car market. Happy day!

Poor Finance Department

by from Byron, CA |

I also had to seek my own financing. After getting approved from an outside source the Honda finance department didn't really attempt to assist with a purchase. I have 30 days to find a car and have started looking at other dealers. I have never had this type of experience with a Honda dealer. I would already be driving a brand new car if I were in Cleveland Heights. I really liked my sales rep, but if you don't have perfect credit don't shop here.

Tracy Honda Service

by from Patterson, CA |

I trust Tracy Honda's Service Department for service on my car because I have always received honest answers to my questions, the staff are professional and knowledgeable. I recently had to bring my car in for service after a trip I took to the mountains, and was able to drop it off, have it repaired and picked it up without having to lose any time off from work, I have always received fast, friendly, reliable service and would recommend it to my friendsa and family. Bety Rea

Tracy Honda responded to this review

August 14, 2012

Thank you for the kind words, Bety! Customer service is our number one priority and it is encouraging to know that you are so pleased with the service in which we've provided you. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you in the future! Sincerely, Brett Allen - General Manager - brett@tracyhonda.com

worst customer service ever!!!!!!!!!

by from sacramento |

Sales manager at tracy honda has no customer service at all... Tried buyijg a cat from here all i got was excuses.. he did not answer my question withing a time frame. Did not try hard enouhht to get me approved.. got my own loan tru golden one and he still didnt care about making a sale...