Freeman Toyota

2875 Corby Ave, Santa Rosa, CA 95407

New 888-708-6525
Used 888-229-3091
Service 888-714-5842

Proudly Serving Sonoma County For Over 50 Years.

Great service and excellent customer service

by from HEALDSBURG,CA 95448 |

My wife and I went to Freeman Toyota in Santa Rosa to check the new Toyota Scion IQ limited edition and from the time we arrived at the dealer we where welcomed by John Coffaney Internet Sales and Leasing and he was very patient explaining all details and answering all questions we may have.He is a wonderfull person to deal so we decided to purchase the car. We received a great service from Shona Bardwell Finance director when we where signing all documentation.

Overall terrible customer service

by from Santa Rosa, CA |

My experience started after I purchased a certified used 2012 Sienna 3 months ago. After just 2 months the A/C on my car gave out in heat of mid July. I scheduled an appoint. on the Freeman website for Sat morning and brought my car in to the service department where I was greeted by James. At first he had a hard time finding my appoint. and after I told to him that I had made it on the website using the schedule appointment page, he explained to me that the website appoint. function wasn't up and running perfectly yet. I told him my problem, they did diagnostic on my car for the day and I used the shuttle program to get home and back from the service department. When I came to pick up the car, James informed me that the car required A/C service and the location of parts need replacement were in hard to reach areas of the dash/engine which justified the hefty price tag for diagnostics at $156 which I originally thought shouldn't cost me anything since my car was a certified used vehicle and I had purchased the platinum extended warranty. He told me regardless of my warranty I still needed to pay the diagnostic fee. He told me I would get a call the following Tues/Wed when the part arrived to reserve an appt. The service I needed would only take 3 hrs. hrs. Tues & Wed came and went with no call and it wasn't until the following Monday when I finally was able to get someone on the phone after leaving messages for James everyday Wed-Sat. I had a car with no A/C and two small children for over a week in July on one of the hottest weeks of the year. On Mon. I set up an appt. with a rep who told me the part came in as scheduled on Wed the week prior. I was greeted at my appt. by Curtis who informed me my service would take 3 days not 2 hrs and I could rent a car complimentary. 3 days into service, Curtis called to tell me my car would take 4 days instead of 3. On Friday, I returned my rental, picked up my car from Curtis and received my receipt with $1800 worth of service covered by warranty. Not once being told I am owed a refund for my diagnostic fee. After almost 2 weeks later James calls me to inform me that the part I need is covered by warranty and I can come it to get service. I called him back explained I received service already, and was expecting a refund for my paid diagnostic fee. He sounded confused and tells me he will call me back in 10 min. Never heard back from him, I called and left him a message, and after 3 days I finally called Freeman to talk to the GM of service dept. David calls me back and tells me the GM Jerry is unavailable. Hey tells me he is sorry for my experience and will send me my diagnostic fee back ASAP and inform the GM of my experience. That's it! No remuneration, no compensation, no asking what he can do to make it better or make it up to me, giving me a reason to try give them another shot. In fact, it seemed like he was doing me a favor by getting the money they owed me back to me. With so many other great options in Sonoma to use for Toyota service why would you go somewhere, where the reps have inconsistent stories, terrible communication with their customers, and are willing to take your money they are not owed. Disgraceful and unethical business practices.

August 14, 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I'm disappointed to hear about all of the miscommunications you suffered recently with our service department and team members. I would like to speak with you to further understand your experience and try to find a satisfactory resolution. We value our customers and their opinions and I would like the opportunity to restore your faith in our dealership. Please contact me directly at 707-535-2318. I would like to apologize for all that you've been through in dealing with your car's repairs and I hope to hear from you soon. Candi Jacobs Customer Relations Manager/Freeman Toyota

Great buying experience

by from Novato, CA |

John Coffaney & the team at Freeman Toyota made the whole buying a new car experience very easy & enjoyable. They are laid back & easy going - not at all pushy or 'in your face' like some sales people. I received a good trade in price for my Ford & a great deal on my new Prius V - I am very happy & would totally recommend Freeman Toyota to other people. Thanks Guys!

Unhappy

by from Noconcern,CA |

I spoke with several sales people from here and none of them did what they said they were going to. I was told that I would receive a call back from one (never happened), another said that they would have another person call me (never happened), and the first I spoke with gave me a phone # that did not work. All of this stemmed from the fact that I was upside down on the current loan I have for my vehicle.

July 28, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent experience with Freeman Toyota. However, I hate to hear that your experience was not a pleasant one. We never want our customers to feel like we aren't delivering on our promises. If you could, please contact me at 707-535-2318 at your earliest convenience so I may learn more about your situation, address any lingering concerns and hopefully restore your faith in Freeman Toyota. Again, I apologize for any miscommunication and I look forward to speaking with you. Sincerely, Candi Jacobs Customer Relations Manager

Help with lost keys

by from Rohnert Park, CA |

We lost both keys to our 2013 Prius. We needed the car the next day, and they were able to reprogram the car and new keys the next morning. They also performed a recall that has not been well publicized (cars can shut down under stressed loads) while they were reprogramming the car key system. A warning: If you lose both your keys you can't just stop by the dealer and have them cut you some new ones. They have to have the car in hand, and the total cost is over $400 to reprogram the car and new keys.

April 19, 2014

We truly appreciate you taking the time to leave a 5-star review of our service department. We are really glad that you recognize our efforts towards customer satisfaction as we work very hard to make sure each and every one of our customers' needs are met to their fullness and that they thoroughly enjoy their experience here at Freeman Toyota. Thank you for your business!

30,000 mile service

by from Santa Rosa, Ca. |

From the time I called the service department and was able to get an appointment in a couple of days to taking my Toyota in for my 30,000 mile service, I was very pleased! I had the pleasure of having Kyle talk to me about what they would look at and do for this service, he asked me if I had any concerns or questions, he informed me of when the car would be ready, and asked if he could schedule my next appointment. I felt like he took the time to explain everything very well and I felt valued as a customer. It truly was a pleasant experience! I enjoyed a nice cup of Peet's coffee while waiting in the lounge there. The bathrooms were well stocked and clean. My car was washed and was ready exactly at the time Kyle said it would be. He explained what they did and what they found and once again, he was so polite. I would rate this as a 5 star experience! Thank you!

Average

by from Santa Rosa, ca |

Toyota Santa Rosa dealership experience: 1st time I came in looking to buy a car was NOT a good experience. An older man helping me was rude, I couldn't believe the words coming out of his mouth and it seem he was an ageist. Although a friend told me to go one more time and this experience was fair. The finance lady was a lot nicer that the sales people, I'd give her 5 stars. I love Toyota cars and I only buy Toyota cars. Santa Rosa serivice department is very good.

Always great service!

by from Santa Rosa, CA |

I always have my service done at Freeman Toyota. Currently our 3 vehicles have all been purchased at Freeman Toyota. In the past we have had other cars purchased there. We keep our cars a long time and the mileage can get pretty high. We keep driving them because they still look good and drive like they did when brand new. It must be due to the excellent service. We won't be purchasing cars in the near future but when we do it will be from Freeman Toyota.

April 3, 2014

Maggie, thank you so much for taking the time to leave our dealership a 5-star review. We are so happy that you have had nothing but positive experiences with our service department as well as past sales experiences. Thank you for continued business and we look forward to seeing you again!

The Best

by from SANTA ROSA CA |

We have 4 Lexus, and Freeman has always taken care of us, first class.

A dissatisfied customer

by from Sonoma County CA |

I recently had a very poor experience at Freeman Toyota and as a result will not be buying a vehicle there or having my new RAV 4 serviced there. Although this experience was with the Rental department, it has colored my impression of the dealership as a whole. Unless you enjoy a bait and switch experience do not do business with these folks. My neighbors and friends and I will not be.

Great Experience

by from Hayward CA |

They gave me the best buying experience I've ever had. We negotiated a fair price over the net and everything was ready when I arrived. This was after being told by Choice Auto and truck in Sacramento told me they don't negotiate their Internet prices.