Oswego Motors

(2.3) 3 Reviews

1132 US-34, Oswego, IL 60543

Horrible customer service

by from Oswego, Il |

I came in for a car and put a down payment on it. While I was in the process of getting a loan, they went ahead and sold the car 4 days later without so much as a phone call.

Great Purchase

by from Lisle, IL |

After a nasty winter my car gave out on me. I was ready for a reliable car. Went to Oswego Motors looking for an all wheel drive car. Found a Jeep Wrangler and I love it, no problems so far. Might stop back in for a bike this spring. I recommend Oswego Motors if you looking for a good deal and someone you can trust.

Horrible Service

by from Oswego, IL |

This is the worst service I ever had. I bought a car 2 years ago from a very shady dealer at Oswego Motors who was very pushy to sell the car. The deal was the car was in my name with a cosigner and 2 years later buying a new car, and using my old one as a trade in at another dealership I found out my name wasn't on the title at all. He completely screwed up the paperwork. Also the salesman did not show a carfax or inform me of the 2 accidents my car was in previously. Again I found this out trading it in at another dealership. I was also told my car was fixed with everything mechanically and was shown a piece of paperwork that a 5 year old could've written to prove it. This obviously shows that I didn't even get 2 years out of the car and I put more money into it than I paid for it. When I got my new car at a wonderful dealership I had to pay extra since the car wasn't in my name. I called Oswego motors to inform them of all the mess ups and how it is illegal to not show a carfax or inform of accidents where the salesman who sold me my car continued to yell at me and say I didn't know what I was talking about because I was a young woman. This is horrible service full of scandals and liars and I strongly do not recommend this dealership to anyone.

Oswego Motors responded to this review

December 21, 2013

We are responding to the recent review from reviewer Ashlee88. Unfortunately Ashlee88's memory of the purchase is very distorted and incorrect. The vehicle in question had 140,000 miles, was older and extremely inexpensive. They bought the car knowing it was "as is" and without a warranty and signed all paperwork pertaining to it. The person the car was for was only 17 years of age at the time and by law was not able to go on the car loan. Both parents were happy to go on the loan for her. They were also made aware of and understood how, when their Daughter turned 18 to add her to the loan. They took delivery of the vehicle and were very happy. After delivery an oil leak was discovered and even though they bought the vehicle "as is" and without a warranty and we took care of the repair at no cost to them. Ashlee88 and her parents are a local family and acting in good faith the we wanted to help them out and take care of them. The car was bought over two years ago and during that time Oswego Motors was never informed any additional work was ever needed. When she decided to trade in the vehicle it was still in her parents name as they never had it changed. Oswego Motors did everything they had to and went above and beyond to help out this family obtain a vehicle for their daughter. Unfortunately their misunderstanding of the events and failure to follow though on everything they needed to do has created a unfortunate challenge for themselves. Oswego Motors has hundreds of satisfied customers and was founded on trust, integrity, and respect. We are proud to offer these values in our sales and business practices and to help out our local customers in the fox valley area and beyond.