Thompson's Toyota

Service 877-430-9650

"One Price - Our Best Value" Dare to Compare

No More Dread

by from Sacramento, CA |

My wife and I usually dread buying cars for all the usual reasons. Not only was this experience not dreadful it was actually enjoyable. Our salesman, Ajita Sherer, was very helpful to us in the process of making our selection without all of the usual high pressure sales tactics I associate with car sales. Ajita was assisted by Kyle Sherer who was also a pleasure to work with. When the Sales Manager, Ryan Turner, introduced himself I thought, "Here it comes, it's time for the whole sit and wait game." but it didn't happen. He was genuinely friendly, honest and to the point. When the time came to sign the papers, the Finance Manager, Shannon Burke, was likewise a pleasure to work with and explained the paperwork in a way that made it clear and easy to understand. While we were waiting for the truck to be washed, we were invited to meet with the Jim Batten, the Service Advisor, and again he was very friendly and explained clearly what the service package that came with our new truck included. This was, without a doubt, the most pleasant and enjoyable car buying experience my wife and I have ever had and we would both happily recommend Thompson Toyota to anyone.

LIES = Worst New Car Experience Ever

by from Bellvue, Colorado |

I purchased a 2014 Prius Plug-in at Thompson's because they aren't available in Colorado. I was told over the phone that I could drive it off the lot and not pay CA sales tax. When I arrived at Thompson's, I signed all the paperwork and was prepared to spend a long weekend enjoying the Sierra Nevadas. Unfortunately, as soon as the sale was over, I was told I could not take possession of the car in California and that I would have to ride (in my new car) while someone else drove it to Nevada. At that point I felt entrapped in the sale (and stranded in California). I asked if I could drive the car, but was declined due to the chauffeur not feeling comfortable. Instead, I was able to feel uncomfortable by the reckless, aggressive driving up the mountains to Lake Tahoe that ultimately left me feeling sick.. I was concerned about breaking in the car properly and when I expressed my concern on multiple occasions, I was told "There isn't a break in period on new cars". After all of this, the driver took a personal call on their cell without bluetooth for over 5 minutes. Sick, frustrated and concerned all within the first 70 miles of the new car experience. Once I returned home, I was surprised to see there IS a break in procedure explicitly detailed in the manual. All of the recommended procedures were broken in the first drive up to Tahoe by the Thompson's employee even after I had asked for them to drive the car gently. I called Thompson's immediately and they said all I needed to do was get an oil change. I then escalated this issue to Toyota Corp. who told me that someone from Thompson's would reach out to me with 48 hours. It has been a week now and I have not been contacted. This dealership will promise you the world.. until the sale is completed. Pay the extra 100-500 dollars at a reputable dealer. I would not advise anyone to do business with Thompson's.

Horrible Service

by from Placerville, CA |

Last month I went into Thompson's Toyota to look at a new SUV. I was told that Sunday when I went in, that I was approved, but to come back on Monday so that they could call Toyota Financial Services to see if they could get me a better rate (since I have a Corolla through TFS). When I went back on Monday morning, the sales people and finance manager I had worked with the day before were not in. I ended up dealing with the finance manager, Shannon, who didn't bother calling TFS, and told me that I didn't qualify and that it would be a waste of everyone's time for him to call. Shannon didn't bother running anything for me because I "flat out couldn't qualify" for what I wanted. So I went straight down to Folsom Lake Toyota, who all were very friendly and guess what? I was qualified no problem, got a better interest rate than Thompson's had said they were going to "try" and get me, and I ended up with a more loaded version of the same model for a better price than Thompson's. When I went back to Thompson's to get my paperwork back (pay stubs, proof of residence, etc.), I showed up in my new SUV from Folsom Lake and I told them how they qualified me no problem and how big of a jerk (in more or less of terms) that Shannon was, and they're only response was that "there's a 10 day right of rescission" and that "I'll end up having to take the car back". Well it's been over a month now, made payments already, spoke to the lender and there's no rescission and we're extremely happy with our new car and the service and price we were able to get at Folsom Lake Toyota over the horrible experience from Thompson's.

May 7, 2014

We are sorry that we were unable to help you with your new vehicle purchase. We try to find a solution for all credit situations, but sometimes we don't have the exact resources available for a particular vehicle and a particular customer. We are happy that you were able to get what you wanted. We have spoken to our finance manager about his interaction with you, and will try to ensure that type of misunderstanding doesn't happen in the future.

Great Service

by from Jackson, CA |

We purchased our first Prius from Thompsons in 2007 and we are on our second one at the moment and have had every scheduled service done at Thompsons even though we have to drive 50 mi each way to get it done. Attentive to every detail, prompt, courteous and knowledgeable defines their Service dept. AND, they provide all the comfort food necessary to make your wait even more enjoyable. We are a customer for life.

Streamlined Sienna Deal

by from Sacramento, CA |

We purchased a 2014 Toyota Sienna. The experience was very streamlined, everything happened in a timely manner and our questions were answered. Overall we would highly recommend Thompsons. We especially appreciated the lack of a "hard sell" from the financing department. Great dealer, great people, great cars! (Oh, and a great deal!)

6 hours driving to buy, then they lie to you

by from San Luis Obispo, CA |

I spoke with two managers to secure a deal over the course of four days before I drove 6 hours (one way) to trade in my Tacoma and purchase a Tundra. They confirmed the deal four times. When I arrived, Terry and Tony both backed out on the deal they had guaranteed. While they paid for my gas, my time was absolutely wasted because of their greed. They made up some story to get me to leave. Terry promised me that he would make the deal happen after I had left. That was a lie too. I called and emailed them several times?no answer, no response. This was absolutely the worst experience I've had with a dealership.

April 23, 2014

We sincerely apologize for the trouble you went through. We did call you while you were en route to our store to let you know there was a problem with your trade value, and you decided to continue your drive. We have contacted you several times after your visit, but were unable to help you. There is always the danger of a problem with a trade value if a dealer doesn't have all of the correct information. In this case we did not do a good enough job gathering the information to give you a correct approximate value.

I saved over $3500 driving from Reno.

by from Reno, Nv |

Relaxed, easy, professional, straight forward Dealer. Every step of the deal was very clear and easy to understand. If you are like most people that don't like how car and truck dealer do business, you really should give them a chance. Just go to there website and you can see up front what pricing they will give you. I've been to the local dealers here in Reno area and I don't like how they do there deal.

No Pressure, Great follow through

by from Somerset, CA |

I recently went to Thompsons because of a used truck I saw through searching their website. After visiting the facility I was greeted by friendly staff and my sales person was quick to help me search for the vehicle. I mistook the mileage and gave him my parameters for the search. I still have not purchased the vehicle, but have been contacted with other options since without the "when are you coming in" type pressure. Great place, would definitely buy here if I could find the vehicle here.

great overall experience

by from elk grove |

The atmosphere was great and never did we feel pressured or haggled. it was easy and pleasant. A little longer than we expected but still better than all the other dealers we've spent with in the past. Friendly, clean and very curteous. definitely going there again for our next car.

June 8, 2012

This is Tim Deklotz, General Manager for the Thompsons Dealerships. I want to thank you for choosing Thompsons Toyota and for taking the time to post a review. Your continued satisfaction is our number one priority. Please let me know if I can be of assistance. Thanks Again, Tim

A good experience!

by from South Lake Tahoe |

Overall, Thompson Toyota was a good experience. We drove from Tahoe to Placerville. They had our car waiting for us ready for a test drive. Thompson's had lots of snacks, T.V. and drinks for the kids. The paperwork was fast and even though we had a prior bankruptcy the payment was fair and the terms reasonable. I would recommend Thompson's to anyone who wants a no hassle, straight forward car buying experience!

I'm very pleased with my Prius from Thompsons

by from Sutter Creek, CA |

Jon Cooper treated me with respect and courtesy. I'm delighted that he was able to find the car that I wanted. I've recommend Jon and his associates whenever I can. I had to return a rental car to SMF, so he arranged for someone to pick me up and take me to Placerville. That was above and beyond!