Rosenthal Gaithersburg Mazda

(3.3) 4 Reviews

625 N. Frederick Avenue, Gaithersburg, MD 20879

Used 301-212-3001

Expeditious, Professional, & Informative!

by from Gaithersburg, MD |

My rating applies solely to the retail side of their business (used cars). I have not experienced their services yet. Pros: expeditious online inquiry follow-up, great customer service, informative staff. Cons: sales floor layout needs revamping, some new car sales guys could brush up on customer intake. First off, I am THE last person I would have expected to be writing a review of an Acura dealership, much less owning one. Honestly, Honda does a very poor job of linking itself to its luxury brand (Acura) - especially compared to Toyota and its Lexus brand. After already having decided to purchase a Lexus RX, I decided to contact them on a whim due to the local dealers not having the darker interior I wanted readily in stock. I found a solid match in their online inventry (MDX with tech pkg) and submitted an inquiry. Within hours I received a response and set up a time to test drive. My salesperson was very knowledgeable, polite, and bent over backwards to address all issues/inquiries I had related to purchasing - including coming in to meet with me on his day off! After having endured weeks of tiring back and forth with others dealers who failed to simplify my process by being upfront re: pricing, availability, and specs. Granted the new car sales on the floor could use some brushing up on customer intake (it's clear that used car customers are not their priority), I completed my car buying experience with renewed excitement thanks to Rosenthal Acura's simple, streamlined, customer-focused process. Harpreet and his colleagues are amazing - no aggravating time-wasters there!

Weak salesperson, quoted list

by from Silver Spring, MD |

I took a test drive of a new car (a very recently released model) and received a quote. I already had a quote from another dealer. The sales person was not knowledgeable about the car, its features or really much help at all. I already knew far more about the car than he did after looking at numerous online reviews, both written YouTube, studying the Mazda website, taking a previous test drive at another dealer. I asked for a quote and was initially given MSRP. When I said I had a quote of $500 under invoice from another dealer I was met with skepticism. The sales manager said he had the only car of that model and color in the Washington DC area, but I knew from the Mazda website that it was actually one of 3 in the area. Overall the sales manager was fair and professional, but could only give me $500 over invoice, so $1060 more than the other dealer, after considering tax. I ended up buying from the other dealer.

comfortable

by from 20878 |

After spending about a month looking for the right car, I located a car of interest here and every person I spoke to was kind helpful and not pushy. I felt like I was working with people that cared more about me than the bottom line

Classic Bait and Switch Tactics-- Beware!

by from Hanover, Maryland |

Rarely do I submit reviews but this was the worst buying experience I have ever encountered. Yesterday (10/31/2011) I, like many, was taking advantage of the end of the month scramble to fill quota and get a good deal. After emailing the internet sales manager back and forth through out the day, we established a very decent deal for a 2006 Honda Civic- I planned to pay for it in full up front, cash. Maybe a half an hour before I made the hour trek leaving my 2 month old with family to go see this vehicle, I went as far as emailing them for the umpteenth time reconfirming "I am on my way, donot sell my car!" They were well aware that I was making the trip. In one of the multiple emails earlier, I even detailed the time I would leave and arrive there. Low and behold I arrive and the gentleman helping us, although very kind, informs me that the sister dealership behind them sold the vehicle about an hour before I even left my house because they share inventory but donot always inform each other of what they are taking. Very upsetting. To make matters worse, whomever he worked with in sales gave him a list of vehicles to offer me in the place of the Honda I wanted (Chevy Trailblazer, Nissan Murano) that I would not put on the same level, let alone the same vehicle type period. I did not want to jump from a sedan to an SUV- particularly a subpar SUV with horrible ratings! I pulled up Edmunds in front of them and instead of being honest with the crap they were offering me, they made excuses that "Its an SUV. SUVs are safe." Not true. GOOD SUVs are safe, the same as any other car. Safety is a big issue for anyone with a small child such as myself. Overhearing the situation, a lady sales person chimed in. Although she was also quite nice, she made the mistake of mentioning that THEY, not the sister dealership, sold the car I came in for. She also mentioned that they should show me the Honda they still had- which they apparently 'forgot' about until this point- instead. While this vehicle was nice, the price I was offered was nearly twice what I was paying for the Honda I came for originally! Worst of all, the sales manager had the nerve to act like they were doing me a favor with pricing on both the Chevy and the other Honda. All in all a terrible experience. They wasted my time which could have been spent at another establishment and wasted our gas as well. We will be filing a complaint with the BBB in hopes that this does not continue to happen to anyone else.

Rosenthal Gaithersburg Mazda responded to this review

March 10, 2012

We told her we had plenty of clients on that vehicle and told her it was imperative that she arrive sooner rather then later. she choose to wait and as a result...lost the vehicle. We are not sorry we sold the vehicle to the first buyer who should up to purchase it. If she truly wanted it why didn't she leave a deposit over the phone? Anyway, all we did was give her second options why she was here which is all we could do.