BMW of Honolulu

777 Kapiolani Blvd, Honolulu, HI 96813

New 866-647-2469
Used 877-680-6749
Service 877-419-8500

Please call for Cars.com exclusive ePrice!

LOVE BMW HAWAII

by from HONOLULU |

I HAVE BOUGHT 4 CARS FROM THEM SINCE 2006. HOWARD IS THE MAN IF YOU WANT THE MOST HONEST NON PRESSURING SALES PERSON AT THE DEALERSHIP.

Nice buying experience

by from Lahaina, HI |

Have been searching for a nice used BMW hardtop convertible and finally spotted a really nice 2011 335i M Sport on Cars.com at BMW of Honolulu. Anthony quickly responded to my email inquiring about the vehicle and over the next 24 hours we had several conversations to answer specific questions about the car. I live on Maui so I put $1000 hold on the car and flew over the next day to see it in person. Anthony picked me up at the airport and drove me back to the dealership where I looked at the car and found it to be in just like new condition. Negotiations were quick and we quickly settled on a fair price. I had assumed I would have to arrange shipping which would take a few weeks with Young Brothers however Anthony informed me that they could arrange shipping directly to BMW of Maui in just a day or so for less than Young Brothers would charge so I quickly agreed to that process. Their F&I guy Otto was very pleasant and since I was paying cash for the car we simply went over a few services to see if i wanted them or not. No pressure to choose or not choose any of them. All in all the entire process took about an hour and they drove me back to the airport so I could fly home.

Not what I expected.

by from aiea, hi |

Customer service was average, but I had gotten pre-approved for the financial side of things and I had told the sales person that I wanted to schedule an appointment to see the car and then purchase it. I got approved on a Friday and on Saturday night I got a text from my sales person saying the he is sorry and that another sales person sold the car. I was UPSET. So close but yet so far.......

Great Experience

by from Honolulu, Hawaii |

I recently purchased a pre-owned X5... Everyone was professional, courteous, and didn't pressure me to buy. Ken, Isaac, Dan, and Tim were all very helpful and made the transaction easy! Thank you!

Not bad

by from Schofield Barracks |

11OCT2013 I meet with Mikhail A. Fomenko for a pre-ownned Honda Accord LX at BMW of Honolulu, this guy helped me with pretty much everything, very nice services although I did not purchase the vehicle at the end but he showed me that this dealership is awesome, I hope we could close the deal in future,.

Unsatisfactory Service

by from Kapolei, HI |

Near perfect buying experience. Unsatisfactory service. Bought a new 2012 BMW...In the shop 7 times in 6 months. Have stopped taking it in altogether and will sell it. Have received better customer service from less expensive brands. All lip service, no real service.

Excellent service

by from Kapolei, HI |

Went to this dealership shopping for a new 5 series on 8/1/09. I was approached by Dan Mau, gave him my budget, and he took me to the computer to look up their inventory that matched the budget. We discussed the features and colors of the vehicles that matched, and within 20 or 30 minutes they had the car off the shelf, prepped and ready to drive. Not once did he ever pressure me into getting the car (unlike many dealerships), the car sold itself. He explained most of the features of the car, as it was my first BMW purchase. The purchasing process was extremely well organized, efficient, and I didn't feel like I was getting ripped off at all. Whatever commission that Dan received, he deserved every penny. Extremely likeable and pleasant to work with. I've had my car serviced a couple times in the few years I've owned it, and while the service is pleasant, the prices are still pretty high. I understand that's just a part of working with a BMW dealership, but they're still high. They say they'll do it the "right way" but I know many shops that are familiar with BMWs that will do servicing the exact same way for a fraction of the cost. However, I do like working with this dealership, because it is truly an immaculate building and very well maintained. They'll normally quote a few hours for an oil change/service, but it's usually done in about an hour. Granted, this is the only BMW dealership on the island, but it's well worth the visit.

Service department sucks

by from Wailer, HI |

Terrible service. I'm not sure why they have you make an appointment because I brought my car in @ 8am sat around in the lobby for 3 hours, went to check on the status of my car and they still have not even looked at it. I would not recommend this dealership to anyone. Unfortunately for those with warranties this is the only BMW dealer on island. If your warranty is up though, I would definitely find a shop that specializes in foreign cars rather than coming here.

Car damaged while in dealer possession

by from Honolulu, HI |

I've never had anything negative to say about BMW of Honolulu until yesterday when I picked my car up following a visit for basic servicing. When I picked my car up, I noticed what I initially thought was bird droppings on the right rear bumper. As I walked closer, I noticed the car had been hit. When I talked to my service rep (who I really enjoy dealing with everytime I go there) he said he was sure what happened. He went to get the manager on duty and came back with a diagram telling me that my car was turned in this way. Really?! Although I explained to them several times that I did not turn the vehicle this way, they insisted that I did. So, I had them call the police...of course the police couldn't really do anything, because there had not been a crime committed. They went to get the gentlemen that checked the vehicle in, and he came out and joined right in with the others, claiming that the vehicle was turned in this way. I asked my wife if a walk around had been done. She told me specifically that a walk around was not conducted with her (all the times before when she dropped the car off, a walk around was accomplished and the minor scrapes and nicks were annotated). I am not complaining about this dealership because I don't like their service, but I'm very disappointed in the fact that a loyal customer would just basically be called a liar, without even looking into the possibility of error on their behalf. I'm sure there are some surveillance tapes on-hand that may show what happened, but they never even offered. I don't have any hard feelings towards them, I just want them to take responsibility for what happened to my car while in their possession.

Most helpful

by from Ewa Beach, HI |

I did not buy my car from the dealer. I bought directly from BMW and had the car shipped to the dealer. Still, the people at the dealership were most courteous. I was given a full demonstration of the cars attributes and a full tank of gas.

Doug Hoag BMW Certified Sales Professional

by from Honolulu, HI |

I have been in the market for over a year for a certifieod pre-owned BMW. I was unsure if i wanted a sedan, sportscar or SUV. I met Doug Hoag at the BMW Hounolulu dealership during one of my weekend forays. What inspired me to work with him and BMW Honolulu was his willingness to show me every vehichle i was interested in without pressuring me to buy. Doug spent over one year working with me, patiently presenting new inventory as it came available. Knowing that i travel quite often Doug would be sure to email and or call me to update me per my request. When i was ready to purchase i again contacted Doug. I had been away on business but in true form he kept me abreast of new inventory and even highlighted specific vehichles to review and drive upon my return. Doug, if you have not had the pleasure to meet him, loves to drive. His true enthusiasm for BMW as well as his earnest efforts to pace me in the right car for my needs made it an easy decision to purchase my 2008 X5. I love my certified BMW and more importantly I love the service that was provided to me by not only Doug, but the entire team. I cannot say enough that it was the best experience I have ever had purchasing an auto. If you are in the market for a new or used BMW i would strongly encourage you to contact Doug Hoag and see how much fun it can be find your ultimate driving machine.