Herzog-Meier Volkswagen Mazda Volvo

4275 SW 139th Way, Beaverton, OR 97005

New 888-471-0298
Used 888-434-8221
Service 888-418-7198

You're Better Off Buying In Beaverton!

Very pleased!

by from Oregon |

Went into Herzog-Myers to buy my first Mazda!Jesse Glimpse and Heidi Rocked. We were preapproved so the process was quick and easy. They explained everything from front to back. Seriously great from a real car buyer.

Buyer Beware

by from Portland, Oregon |

My friend was looking for a used car similar to the kind I have. She went to this dealer on three different occasions and each time got different information on the particular car she was interested in. Basically she had already lost much confidence and trust in this dealership however was really wanting this particular car. Finally she brought me with her for the final negotiations. They were demeaning to her, insulted her with Agism in a very subtle way as if she had come in SO MANY times that she could not make a decision and therefore wasted their time. What a fiasco we went thru. First the basic HARD NOSE haggling which I was prepared for since I come from a middle eastern background where I was taught the 'art of haggling' which means each party walks away HAPPY after a good battle with $$. Finally she agreed to a price. Then we waited while they were to process the contract of sales. About 10 min later, the general manager returns to tell us someone else in another part of the dealership had made a HIGHER offer on the car. Well we were flabbergasted and ready to run out the door. They now said in order for them to accept HER offer, she would need to trade in her used car (which she had not intended to do). The fiasco went on for quite a while and finally after some private talks with her, she agreed to trade in her car and they finally agreed to up the any a few hundred bucks for her used car. What I experienced in this dealership were OLD CAR SALESPERSON tactics and the appearance of dishonesty. I say the APPEARANCE of dishonesty since we will never know IF indeed there really was another person making a HIGHER bid on the car. My friend has her car now and I am writing this review since I would never do business with this dealership , EVER !

June 20, 2014

Hi TheBikeLady - thanks for sharing your feedback. We completely agree that demeaning and insulting behavior has no place at a dealership and I assure you this will not be tolerated. The staff members involved have been reprimanded and our management team has made it clear to ALL staff members that this behavior in unacceptable. We sincerely apologize for your poor experience at our dealership. We take your comments seriously and they will be used to improve our process and procedures. We are eager to prove this was a one-time exception to our consistently stellar customer service, and hopefully we'll get a chance to earn your business in the future. Thank you again!

Avoid this place!

by from beaverton, OR |

Do yourself a favor and avoid this place. This was my second experience with them. We did buy a top of the line Mazda from here a few months ago and were ready for another so i decided, against my wife kicking and screaming about returning here, to give them a 2nd chance after the 1st bad visit. Wish i wouldn't have!!!!!! Rude, condescending, lied and more. At one point i was the only customer in their lobby and heard other sales guys talking about how they worked this customer and that customer. I felt dirty just hearing these egomaniacs yammer on. I've been in sales(not cars) for 9 years and can tell you right now I'd fire anyone who acted like this from my company. Well we left after being treated like dirt from one of the "higher up" guys and bought that same night at Gladstone Mazda. Much better experience there! We have a friend who is going to be buying a CX-9 from Gladstone this coming weekend because they loved our CX-9! Also have my wife's sister who will be buying the mazda 3 sedan. They are going to buy from Gladstone because of our good experience with Gladstone Mazda and several negative experiences with Herzog. I will say R.J. is a great guy, he's just surrounded by snakes. Do yourself a favor and avoid Herzog-Meier like it's the plague and go to Gladstone and ask for Kat or Zach.

May 24, 2014

Hi Mazdafan - thanks for your candid feedback. It's NEVER our intention to be rude, condescending or dishonest - and we sincerely apologize for your poor experience at our dealership. The comments made by our staff (that you overheard) are completely inappropriate and we do not condone them. We have addressed the issue with our entire staff and made it clear this type of behavior is unacceptable. Our intention is always to provide exceptional customer service, and clearly we failed in this instance. We're not perfect, but you can rest assured that we take your comments seriously and they will be used to improve our process and procedures. We are eager to prove this was a one-time exception to our consistently stellar customer service, and hopefully we'll get a chance to earn your business in the future. Thank you again!

certified used sportwagon

by from Happy Valley OR |

I went in to see a used SportWagon. The Sales Person Boris was very easy to work with. I told them I'd be paying cash and they never tried to get me to check credit, or try and convince me to finance. I gave them a lower offer and they gave a reasonable counter offer. In the end I was happy with the price. I had a much better experience than I did at VW Portland. They straight up told me I could not pay cash for vehicles on sale.

Used Car Purchase ***** WARNING *****

by from Portland, OR |

I would not recommend purchasing a vehicle from this dealership. They sold me a Lemon and covered up the fact that the car had issues. The car broke down the same day I purchased it and I contacted the dealership and all I received is sorry you purchased the car as is and there is nothing we can do for you. What a great way to treat a customer that actually stood behind the Herzog Meier brand. I strongly believed that they would not sell junk on their lot but I guess you can not always judge a book by its cover. I definitely learned my lesson this time around. I will never recommend anyone to this dealership and I will not return either. Again... I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS DEALERSHIP TO MY WORST ENEMY.

Great place to buy a car

by from Keizer, OR |

Great place to buy a car, me and my wife purchased a 06 Volvo Xc90 and ran into a few issues but the people at Herzog Meier were there when we needed them most. They truly do take care of their customers and I would recommend them to anyone.... Purchasing a new or used car? I urge you to take a trip to Herzog Meier.

H-M made it better

by from Ellensburg, WA |

In my earlier review I complained that Herzog-Meier Mazda did not honor a written quote Jess Tichenor (one of their internet specialists) provided over email. As my earlier review noted, part of the reason my wife and I found this so distressing is that we drove four hours to the dealership because the deal was so good. After writing to the managers listed on the dealer website, I was contacted by Yeon Kim, one of their managers, who honored close enough to the original deal to satisfy my wife and myself. Furthermore, he had the car delivered to me in Washington. Though the problem could have been avoided had the salesman and floor manager honored the written quote when we arrived, we are VERY SATISFIED with how the dealership stepped up and did the right thing in the end.

Dealer refused to honor a written quote

by from Ellensburg, Wa |

Dealership refused to honor a written quote they emailed us. Don't believe Jess Tichenor, one of the internet people. When Pat Covert, our salesman, saw the price (a price we confirmed with Jess over email twice and over the phone), he said it was a mistake and there was no way they could meet it. My wife and I rented a car and drove four hours to go to Herzog-Meier because the price and financing were perfect, but had to drive the long four hours back disappointed because the would not honor a written quote on a vehicle.

May 1, 2013

Our sincerest apologies for your poor experience online and at our dealership. This miscommunication regarding our sale price is NOT how we consistently do business, and we are taking every possible measure to ensure a similar mistake does not happen again. We became the #1 Mazda volume dealer in Oregon/SW Washington by providing excellent customer service and a no-hassle buying experience, but clearly we failed in this instance. The employee in question has been disciplined, and our process has been revised to ensure 100% accuracy and transparency moving forward. Again, our sincerest apologies.

A Dealership I Can Count On

by from Portland, OR |

I went in to the dealership not knowing what to expect, and I came out with a beautiful new car, new knowledge, and a dealership I can count on. Ask for Bob Lewis when you visit? what a friendly and fun salesman.

So Great & Easy

by from Beaverton, OR |

This was my first experience of acquiring a new car, and it was so easy. I found my car on their website and inquired online. Price was great and the purchase process was straightforward. If you want easy? go to this dealership.

Highly Recommended

by from Hillsboro, OR |

I have never had a more enjoyable experience while dealing with purchasing a vehicle. From the friendly phone staff, to the hilarious sales staff, I couldn't have been more impressed. Huge shout out to my salesman, Boris, for not being a cookie cutter "car salesman" type, cracking jokes left and right, while also answering promptly, any questions/concerns that I had. I was thoroughly happy with my visit to this dealership and would recommend it to all!