Ron Tonkin Toyota

750 SE 122nd Ave, Portland, OR 97233

Used 888-565-3192

Not very helpful

by from Hillsboro, OR |

I just wanted a little info on a vehicle, it looked to have aftermarket parts and I wanted to know what they were possibly. All I got back was "yes it has aftermarket parts would you like a test drive?". Not really answering anything. I could clearly see that I'm not an idiot. Ended up buying my car private party and couldn't be happier.

Love my car, but very disappointed!

by from Vancouver WA |

One person will tell you one thing and it never happens! You will hear sorry more times then you can count, the car sales guy will forget your name.. Love my new Toyota, took it in to have work to improve it's looks not a helpful bunch of people. I'll stick with Toyota but never again will I go to Ron Tonkin Family.. Not a five star dealership more like a 2 star.. Very disappointed!

Justin Lemons is great to work with

by from Portland, OR |

Justin Lemons was great to work with and made purchasing my Camry easy. It was a pleasant experience and I would recommend Justin Lemons when purchasing a car.

Respectful, honest and attentive sales dept

by from Portland, OR |

I really appreciated Ali and Brad's attentiveness and honesty in helping me purchase a 2014 Camry from Ron Tonkin Toyota. When I arrived I was promptly greeted by a salesperson (Ali) who really knew their cars and inventory. Ali made sure I was happy with the decision -- knowing it was right for me and right for my budget. Brad, the sales manager thanked me before I left and I liked the hands on approach! I'm definitely happy to give all 5 stars on this review because as a woman I've been to enough unsavory dealerships to know a good one when I see it. Everyone was happy, friendly, genuine and helpful. It was easy and I felt appreciated and respected -- all things I find valuable and crucial when making a decision on where to purchase and service my car in the future!

Rude Liars

by from Beaverton OR |

I came to look at one car that was in my price range. When I got there three men just stood there staring. I final went up to one asking for help. The first guy I worked with was very rude, he only wanted to talk about numbers, kept trying to convince me to look at different makes, and look at cars way out side the price range I had set. The car I asked about was sitting in the lot, but the man said it was currently in the process of being bought. I found only one other car I wanted to see and it was at the Ron Tonkin Honda dealership up the road. The man said he called them and the car was currently on a test drive, then he sent another man to come talk numbers. The second man kept hassling me to have my credit checked and said the car I was interested may not even get approved for an auto load because of the miles on it. The car didn't even have 100k on it. They offered to go get the car if I would run my credit with them. Keep in mind I haven't even see the car. I had to repeat my self over and over what I wanted and I wasn't going to sway. Finally I left and went to the Honda dealership and I asked if the car had been recently test driven and they said no one has taken it on a test drive that the owner worked there at the dealership and he had traded it in. Needless to say I was seriously hassled and lied to. I don't know if the car I originally wanted was even being sold either. I will never go back there.

Low Pressure Low Integrity

by from Portland, OR |

We had arranged with one of two people that responded to our Cars.com Online query at Tonkin about a Highlander Hybrid. The car was in our price and the year was the one we were shopping for... but the price for such low miles was incredibly low. The used car sales person met us in the show room and walked us out to the car. It was spotted by a recent drizzle after a month without rain (The SUV had been on the lot for a month and the web price had come down once in that time). Then, after the car started, he left us to let us have a test drive. I liked the low pressure sales. We looked the interior and exterior over pretty well. Scratches, dog hair, and the aforementioned spots. We hunched that maybe to save a couple bucks they didn't give it the super duper detailing that we'd seen at other dealerships. I wasn't happy to find water in the glove box and recesses in the door. That's okay, and it is hard to keep a white car clean (though they hadn't even taken off a recent yellow paint scrape on the front bumper). We went ahead and took if for a test drive. During the drive, we contacted a couple of mechanics about a pre-purchase evaluation. One guy had been on the lot a couple of times, and a)didn't think they would let us take it for an overnight (which he recommened that he could get a better eval of the hybrid system if he started with it cold), and b) when he had been evaluating on the lot before, the sales person came out and asked him to stop as they had sold the car to someone else. He recommended that if Tonkin pressured us to buy it, that we get it in writing that we could return it if our mechanic found "anything" we didn't like and to not agree to "major mechanical." Sure enough, when we got back to Tonkin, the sales person asked us what we thought and we said we really liked it: and then we proposed that we wanted the evaluation. Sure, the rep agreed, but it would have to be purchased unless.... "Major mechanical" problems were found; suspiciouser and supiciouser. And besides, the sales rep said, while you were test driving we had a lot of interest in the car and it will probably sell this weekend. This all seemed to have been predicted, but... we figured if it didn't sell this weekend, and we had a good pre purchase evalutaion on Monday, we could have a good car at a good price. So, the used car sales person agreed to let me know Sunday night if the hybrid sold or not. That's the last we heard from him.

My Tonkin ordeal.

by from Pasco, Washington |

I called and set up an appointment and wanted to put $500.00 down to hold the van I wanted to buy. I was driving from out of state and needed one day to get there, and they agreed, but called back later and stated that one of their salesperson wanted to buy it. I informed the General Manager that called that I would not play games with the dealership and cancelled my visit.

Tonkin Toyota/Scion Internet Purchase

by from Portland Or |

Justin Lemons did an amazing job in getting me into my new ride. No pressure, just a great price and fair financing from Mr Kemp. Props to JL, Daniel T, J-Kemp and the nicest receptionist ever to walk this earth at the front desk. Good coffee, quick transaction, no hagglin'. Mr. Lemons will get the wheels rolling for you at Tonkin Dealerships online. Word to your sweet mother on that. Peace.

Excellent Customer Service

by from Tigard, OR |

I decided on Ron Tonkin Toyota based on their solid reputation and lowest price for the service I was looking to do. Not only did I get what I went there for (and was not bugged to get additional services) I received excellent customer service from Donovan, the advisor who assisted me.