Wheeler Toyota

(5.0) 2 Reviews

375 Redwood Hwy, Grants Pass, OR 97527

Great to work with even in high stress!!!

by from Bremerton, WA |

We recently had a scary event when my 15 year old Toyota Corrolla died a terrifying sudden death going over the passes in Oregon on our way home to Washington from California. I was absolutely unprepared to buy a car and in everyway shape and form over a barrel and ripe for the picking...while I have good credit the current trip had depleted our liquid assets and I no longer had a trade in vehicle. THEY MADE IT WORK. It took some work (quite a bit) but they got me a great loan (remember this was with 0 down) and they transitioned me from a 98 Toyota Corrola VE (NO bells and whistles) to a 2010 Toyota Corrola LE. Quite the upgrade for me. I have car payments again, which I don't like, but they are relatively painless. Doing research AFTER the fact I realize they gave me a fantastic fantastic deal...(and I'm a HORRID negotiator). THe closer walked us through what we had to do to get it registered in WA, what to talk to insurance about, full full service. I can't thank Glenn and John enough for their excellent service and everyone else working behind the scenes to make this work. I am home safe and suddenly own this coool car.....amazing. Also the people of Grants Pass were awesome, the rescue angel that towed us out of harms way, the tow truck driver that brought us to the dealer...etc. etc. etc.

Efficient, fair, friendly and it is still a Toyota

by from Upper Coquille Valley |

My wife Deb and I wanted a reliable and well made truck, good ground clearance, but not a big beast. We have both had good experiences with Toyota so we shopped online and in person. The experience was daunting, not completely negative. We went to dealerships closer to home and were treated poorly. Long delays, hidden information, it was uglier than 40 years ago. Online Wheeler agents present a fresh and friendly approach. I knew right away they really wanted to help and they actually could remember what I mentioned as our priorities. So, when Scott Wygand called back with an appropriate vehicle, we were ready to buy. Scott and crew made that efficient, no wasted time, everything prepared and suited to our needs. The dealership building looks like an art museum, so be prepared for culture shock if you come from other rural America. And, yes, it is a Toyota designed vehicle called a Tacoma Prerunner. It is low powered, which we wanted (4 cyl), good mileage, convenient and attractive. What next to watch out for: if you need a pickup bed "cap" expect to pay very high prices because that will not come from Wheeler but from the secondary after market. I went clear to Portland to find the only two units which would fit my truck ready made. Custom units take three weeks. Get help with the radio/bluetooth setups. Like all tech today it works wonderfully with a few devices and poorly with others. (works with iPod not with iPhone for instance, works with Android but not with Android contacts). The only problem with Wheeler Toyota remains that it is physically located in Grants Pass and you as a buyer will end up in Grants Pass, which is fine, if you have other reasons to be there, which we never have.