Carter Subaru Shoreline

(4.0) 4 Reviews

17225 State Highway 99, Seattle, WA 98133

Purchasing new 2014 Forester

by from Langley, WA |

Pricing was identical to another Dealer and not the Ballard Store. Dealing with 7 different Dealerships and I believe there is price fixing among them. When they say they are showing you their "Invoice cost" and then reducing the price below that how can that be? The Dealer cost or Invoice is not what the Dealership actually pays Subaru Factory.

Not impressed

by from Tri-cities wa |

My wife and I searched for months for a gmc yukon or Chevy Tahoe that would suit our needs. We did find it via cars.com at Carter's in shoreline. They didn't budge at all on sticker price and low allied me on my trade in. However they knew we had just driven for four hours to get there so they had us where they wanted us. We weren't about to drive back home with our old truck. Anyway ended up buying it after much hesitation because of the lack of movement on the price we got it home and loved it till the next day when the Yukon wouldn't start because the battery was dead. Had to have someone come over and change that out because I had no way of getting anywhere. They had to have known that the battery was bad and just charged it enough to get it off the lot. Would not send anyone I know to deal with what is the ideal "car salesman".

Car of my dreams...

by from Camano Island, WA |

I found a used car online thru cars.com and visited the Carter Subaru site, hoping to purchase the vehicle, which I did. The salesperson was very helpful and knowledgeable, the finance department worked their magic and found financing that fit within my terms, the vehicle was cleaned and looked like new and when I mentioned that I had e-mailed the dealership thru cars.com with no response within 24 hours, both the salesperson and the finance officer jumped on it and contacted the marketing dept to make sure they were aware. I am more than satisfied with my vehicle purchase and would definitely go to this dealership if and when I am ready to make another vehicle purchase.

Exemplary.

by from Seattle, WA |

I just bought a 2013 Subaru Outback from Carter Subaru (just north of Seattle) and the positive experience was something to share (and I rarely share my opinions publicly). I spent the last 2 months reviewing, researching, and test driving 10 makes of compact SUV and interacting with many sales personnel. There have been nice sales people, lazy sales people, impatient sales people, poorly informed sales people, condescending sales people, and then there was Guy at Carter Subaru who was exemplary in patience, knowledge of the vehicle, trying to get the best deal for the client (and he really delivered here), and trying to figure out what is the best fit for the client. For example, this was my second test drive (the first one, just to get a feel for the car, was about a month ago) and this time Guy took me on a real test to show how the car handles under various conditions; up a long hill, down a long hill, accelerating on a curved freeway on-ramp, etc., and the 2013 Outback (4 cylinder) handled very well clearly on par with more expensive makes. More importantly here, with respect to the sales experience, Guy wanted to know what my expectations and concerns were and tailored the test drive to address each of them; I was very impressed - of the 13, only one other sales rep at the other dealerships showed this level of attention to my concerns and expectations. The business side of my experience, I had to pay for the car, was also very nice and very professional. If you are in the market for a compact SUV, in the greater Seattle area, I strongly recommend checking out Carter Subaru. If you run into Guy, tell him Dave sent you.